2nd Deepest rapper ever

Cown said:
What are you talking about? DMX is VERY deep! His newest shit is lacking something, I agree, but just listen to his first albums, very skillfull rapper :thumb: If not the second, definatly one of the deepest rappers to every spit on the mic. You can feel his pain, sorrow and anger through his voice and lyrics, just like you could with Pac and that's some deep shit :thumb:
i couldn't agree more :)

Scarface
Dmx
Ghostface (just lissen to All That I Got Is You)
Bizzy Bone can be pretty deep
Talib Kweli (lissen to Good Mourning)
Napoleon (Mu's definitely holdin it down lately)

[/QUOTE]Bizzy Bone can be pretty deep
Yeah, I was looking through the recent posts & I was about to mention Bizzy when I came to ImmortalTech's post and saw that someone else had realised, and acted on, the deepness of Bizzy Bone's music.

Once again, I'd like to thank ImmortalTech for snatching my thoughts.

I was trying to remember what that song was where Ghostface talks about being shit poor, asking for food from friends & his brothers having muscular dystrophy.

Yeah.... so anyways, I would also like to nominate Ghostface off the strength of All I Got Is You

AmerikazMost

Nas got a great message, but he doesn't necessarily hit you deep inside and make you go "whoa." Same thing applies to guys like Chuck D and KRS-One.

I gotta agree with DMX and Scarface.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Once again, I'd like to thank ImmortalTech for snatching my thoughts.

I was trying to remember what that song was where Ghostface talks about being shit poor, asking for food from friends & his brothers having muscular dystrophy.

Yeah.... so anyways, I would also like to nominate Ghostface off the strength of All I Got Is You

^^^word, at times that shiit can bring tears to my eyes, lissening to that song is like watchin Malcolm X before he he gets murdered, and "sam cooke- change is gonna come" kicks in, its some crazyy shit man....

Oh yea and bizzy's mos definitely deep, "Nobody Can Stop Me" nuff said.

Nas is deep sometimes, for example "Dance".. . and Mos def is pretty deep too... but i'ld like to stick to my original post for the deepest

ImmortalTech, am I right in saying 'Nobody Can Stop Me' is the one where Bizzy says, 'what if I said I was molested, would you look at me pale'?

If so, that shit is hella deep.

Edited Post - it's alright I knew I had that shit somewhere, I'm listening to it right now. Yep, I was thinking of Nobody Can Stop Me.
Deep as fuck.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Sorry, but I don't thin I.T is particually deep.
He has a few songs where he touches on issues, but he doesn't generally go that far into them.
I think people just believe his hype, "Dance with the Devil" isn't deep. And "Bin Laden" isn't a good political song. People say it shits on Mosh, but they are on par with each other.
I think "You never Know" is a great song though, and pretty deep and emotional. But I can't think of any others that are.

Co-sign most of what Pittsey said. I'm a fan of I.T but what he does is drop knowledge on political situations and such with brutal lyrics more than emotion.

I do think that Bin Laden is far superior to Mosh though basically because I don't think Mosh is much to write home about.

You Never Know is deep storytelling for sure.

mosh is pretty much more of some sort of weapon....lol its to influence people...bin laden was to educate...technique said it was wrong to enter iraq and why pplz fighting back....however immortal technique had some nice politics n like pittsey said..its the hype that makes ppl say dance with the devil is a deep song...its the shock that the song causes makes u remember it..and that is exactly why he chose to spit it that way...its a long story and it catches ur attention...but thats really all...

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
But I.T doesn't spit anything knew on Bin Laden. It's the same old conspiracy theories I've heard a million times. It's just he's a cool underground rapper so he's loved, Eminem is mainstream and releases a couple of pop songs, (maybe more these days) so he's not. People can't admit to liking the non cool music.
If I like an N-Sync song i'd admit it, although obviously I don't. :)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.