Will Smith Has Something For Eminem On New CD In March

Will Smith, known for shirking rhymes about bling and violence for more upbeat messages, is using his new album to prove he's got a tough side, too.

The rapper/actor is releasing his fourth solo album, Lost and Found, on March 29, featuring the track "Mr. Nice Guy," about how people mistake him for being soft. And according to a statement by his spokesperson, Smith has "sumthin' for Eminem" in the song.

The album, which Smith calls a "departure" from his previous albums, which include Born to Reign (2002), Willenium (1999) and Big Willie Style (1997), will be led by the single "Switch."

The track is "a snapshot of my life," Smith said in a statement. "It's the most in-depth, revealing writing that I've done in my career."

Also included on the LP are collaborations with longtime partner Jazzy Jeff (with whom Smith recorded five albums as DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince), Mary J. Blige, Robin Thicke, Timbaland and Snoop Dogg, who worked with Smith on the track "Pump Ya Brakes."

Smith, who started laying down tracks for the album in 2003 and ultimately recorded more than 50 songs, said that the new album is best described as old-school retro hip-hop, and that the music is more serious than in the past, but is still just as fun.

With his latest feature film, "Hitch," having just debuted in theaters at #1 (see "Love Beats Hate As 'Hitch' KO's 'Boogeyman' "), Smith will take a break from acting for the next six to eight months to focus on his music.

This report is provided by MTV News

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
i hope smith disses the fuck outta him, but i doubt it very much. he shud just go and whoop his little ass instead

Some how i doubt that Will Smith will cuss or go right at eminem..
He will prob say something like "and i dont need to cuss on my records to sell them! so take that mr em!" lol Something gay like that...

jasedwads said:
i hope smith disses the fuck outta him, but i doubt it very much. he shud just go and whoop his little ass instead
YOu know what's funny is that I think you're serious here?

LMAO at this shit.

Will is an OG, but out of his league here.

YES ! finally, jazzy jeff ! yes yes yes. when i read the headline i just thought: *please jazzy jeff please jazzy jeff please jazzy jeff*

no matter what you say, fresh prince is still a veteran and i love his style :)

i doubt will comes up with a hard album. cause he is soft. plus he shouldnt have called pac a nogood criminal or something along those linese.

artisticgurl said:
lol do you have an exact quote of that?
Though I have never seen proof which makes this a rumor, but I have heard rumors that Jada wanted to name their song Tupac and Will refused because he "wouldn't have a son named after a violent criminal".

My personal opinion is that with the bond and relationship Jada and Pac had, she wouldn't marry someone with that opinion of someone who was actually not what Smith supposedly said he was.

ArtsyGirl

Yeah I dont really beleive it, you remember Will introduced Afeni and Volleta Wallace at that awards show (forget which one) I really doubt it anyway.

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
The album, which Smith calls a "departure" from his previous albums, which include Born to Reign (2002), Willenium (1999) and Big Willie Style (1997), will be led by the single "Switch."

The track is "a snapshot of my life,"

Oh my lordy , wtf , in the video and the song he be singing bout girls shaking their rumps in tha club , this dude is married , i very much doubt he do that

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
SweetCocoa said:
ha ha thats funny
Will smith need to stick with acting
he have good acting skills but no skills rapping
Im guessing you're like what, 15? 16? Will Smith has done more for hip-hop then Eminem ever has or ever will. Dude basically invented party hip-hop and put hip-hop music into almost every household. He was the first huge cross over hip-hop act that still remained credible to the culture. So he doesnt rap about guns and women or whatever, who cares, dude is a living legend and deserves his respect both in the booth and behind the camera.

Not to mention that Fresh Prince was the first rapper to win a Grammy (and this was before hip-hop was mainstream and still looked apon as a fad by many people), and was the first rapper to make a highly successful transition from hip-hop to film.

Seems to me Will is everything Em wants to be career wise.

Will Smith > Eminem.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
SweetCocoa said:
ha ha thats funny
Will smith need to stick with acting
he have good acting skills but no skills rapping
No rapping skills?

Yep, you're clueless.

Like Rukas said, the man created Party rap. He's the reason you hear those crazy joints in the club now.

If you should know also, his album 'HomeBase' is one of the best old school albums you'll ever hear. Remember something called 'Summertime'? If not, I suggest you go take a look on memory lane and see what that song has done for HipHop in general.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online