Will Smith Has Something For Eminem On New CD In March

artisticgurl said:
Yeah I dont really beleive it, you remember Will introduced Afeni and Volleta Wallace at that awards show (forget which one) I really doubt it anyway.
Didn't he dedicate his Grammy win (or some other award) to 2Pac and Biggie too?

And I thought that Petey Pablo was supposed to be on his new album?

How someone can say that Will Smith should stick to acting is beyond me. He can rap as good as Eminem just they have different styles and they are both very good at what they do. I'm looking forward to Will's new album, spesh the stuff with Jazzy Jeff.

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
Switch
by Will Smith

Album : Lost and Found

Switch
Alright ready
Come on man, this is what I do
Yo mic check, mic check, yeah here you go
Nah, he over here
Yeah, I heard he got that hot new thing
It's called "Switch" (switch)
Let's get it going

[chorus]
Hey switch, turn it over and hit it
Turn around, now switch
Turn it over and hit it

Hey, vibe to vibe a second, it's a club girl why you arrived naked
Hear that, how the veteran glide the record
But don't download, go out and buy the record
Hey, something sexy bout her
Girl on the floor, all her friends around her
I mean real clean, ain't gotta touch or nothing
It ain't like I like a chick on chick or something

I'm just a sucker for a hot track
Gimme a drink and a chick to tell 'Stop that'
Dance is a hop and a clap, flip it round
Now bring it on back, break it down
Now switch

[chorus]

Uh uh uh
I gotta question, I need to ask somebody
Why is it that when y'all see me at the party
Y'all be looking like, "Ooh, he a movie star
He ain't supposed to be out on the floor with everybody"
But oh wait, whoa, y'all forgetting
When I was, amateur spitting before the scripts were written
First one in, last one out the club
Bursting in, passing out in the club
Back at it, this cat is the wit and the charm
Taking you higher, like a syringe hittin' ya arm
Bringing the fire
, making your Benz ring the alarm
Let me see you clap, spin baby, come on
Switch

[chorus]

Oh, you just gonna stand there, huh
What you too cute to dance, or you scared

It ain't really that hard to do and
I aint trying to be in love with you and
All I wanted was a moment or two to
See if you could do that switch-a-roo and
Shut your mouth fool, get your crew and
The thick body and the rear one too and
I'll be right hear waiting on you to
See if y'all can do that switch-a-roo

Hey, hey

That's what I'm talking bout, do that thing mama
That's what I'm talking bout, switch

[chorus]

He definitely needs to stick to rapping.
If his single is a representation of what his album is to be , its a joke !
It sounds like he came back more of a saint than mase

Rukas said:
Im guessing you're like what, 15? 16? Will Smith has done more for hip-hop then Eminem ever has or ever will. Dude basically invented party hip-hop and put hip-hop music into almost every household. He was the first huge cross over hip-hop act that still remained credible to the culture. So he doesnt rap about guns and women or whatever, who cares, dude is a living legend and deserves his respect both in the booth and behind the camera.

Not to mention that Fresh Prince was the first rapper to win a Grammy (and this was before hip-hop was mainstream and still looked apon as a fad by many people), and was the first rapper to make a highly successful transition from hip-hop to film.

Seems to me Will is everything Em wants to be career wise.

Will Smith > Eminem.

notcvie how all the haters will shut up now. Good job on that Will Smith is as much of hip-hop (if not more he was round during the golden age) as Em.

Rukas said:
Im guessing you're like what, 15? 16? Will Smith has done more for hip-hop then Eminem ever has or ever will. Dude basically invented party hip-hop and put hip-hop music into almost every household. He was the first huge cross over hip-hop act that still remained credible to the culture. So he doesnt rap about guns and women or whatever, who cares, dude is a living legend and deserves his respect both in the booth and behind the camera.

Not to mention that Fresh Prince was the first rapper to win a Grammy (and this was before hip-hop was mainstream and still looked apon as a fad by many people), and was the first rapper to make a highly successful transition from hip-hop to film.

Will Smith > Eminem.
You make a good point as to Will Smith's impact on helping Hip-Hop be accepted as a viable artform but on talent alone:

Eminem >>>>> Will Smith

Rukas said:

Will Smith > Eminem.
Rukas is right here about everything only he leaves one thing out.

Eminem would lyrically obliterate Smith. Smith is everything Rukas said, but he is NOWHERE NEAR the lyricist Eminem is.

Zimbabwe said:
Switch
by Will Smith

Album : Lost and Found

Switch
Alright ready
Come on man, this is what I do
Yo mic check, mic check, yeah here you go
Nah, he over here
Yeah, I heard he got that hot new thing
It's called "Switch" (switch)
Let's get it going

[chorus]
Hey switch, turn it over and hit it
Turn around, now switch
Turn it over and hit it

Hey, vibe to vibe a second, it's a club girl why you arrived naked
Hear that, how the veteran glide the record
But don't download, go out and buy the record
Hey, something sexy bout her
Girl on the floor, all her friends around her
I mean real clean, ain't gotta touch or nothing
It ain't like I like a chick on chick or something

I'm just a sucker for a hot track
Gimme a drink and a chick to tell 'Stop that'
Dance is a hop and a clap, flip it round
Now bring it on back, break it down
Now switch

Smith may be an OG, but these are some of the most terrible fucking lyrics I've ever read.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
will smith is wack but i cant front he got some skills but heeeeee is just not my type of hiphop but he is bringing his own flavor and it aint nothing wrong with that.

I really dont like will smith after what i saw in 06 degrees of seperation

Silleone said:
way better than just lose it though.
Lyrically, Just Lose It is better.

C'mon...I know you're a Slim hater Silleone but for real, look at those fuckin lyrics in "Switch". My fucking 12 year old cousin could have written better shit.

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
jason_g_718 said:
Lyrically, Just Lose It is better.

C'mon...I know you're a Slim hater Silleone but for real, look at those fuckin lyrics in "Switch". My fucking 12 year old cousin could have written better shit.
he's not a bigger eminem hater than ME. ha ha

i cannot stand that voice he does really deep stupid voice, 'how come' and most of his shit that came after 2000.

lets face it puberty has not done eminem any justice.

jasedwads said:
he's not a bigger eminem hater than ME. ha ha

i cannot stand that voice he does really deep stupid voice, 'how come' and most of his shit that came after 2000.

lets face it puberty has not done eminem any justice.
Dude, "How Come" is one of the best fucking songs off of D12 World.

I'm a person that happens to like D12 World. Yeah, I skip some tracks, but the overall album is good to me:

Git Up
Loyalty
How Come
6 In The Morning
40 oz
Keep Talkin'
Bitch
D12 World

Those are my favorites.

While I prefer Eminem from the MMLP on, I do think Encore was a huge disappointment. Half of Encore I fucking love, the other half I despise.

I see ppl compare will smith to eminem like will smith is really a nobody. Ya know it is alot easier to make a clubbanger and talk about all the pussy you got and how hard ya dick is and that is exactly what he will smith doesn't so don't take him as a joke.

thank you.

jason_g_718 said:
Rukas is right here about everything only he leaves one thing out.

Eminem would lyrically obliterate Smith. Smith is everything Rukas said, but he is NOWHERE NEAR the lyricist Eminem is.
Thats because Will and Eminem represent different styles of rap so obviously its gonna show in their lyrics. Its dumb to even compare them because their styles are so different.

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
jason_g_718 said:
Dude, "How Come" is one of the best fucking songs off of D12 World.

I'm a person that happens to like D12 World. Yeah, I skip some tracks, but the overall album is good to me:

Git Up
Loyalty
How Come
6 In The Morning
40 oz
Keep Talkin'
Bitch
D12 World

Those are my favorites.

While I prefer Eminem from the MMLP on, I do think Encore was a huge disappointment. Half of Encore I fucking love, the other half I despise.
yeah man , thats fair enuff,

for me, i heard the slim shady lp, i thought this was some really good shit, cannot be denied, so then i heard then checked out Infinite, this album, is fucking amazing.

But for me, after marshall mathers lp I dont wanna even now. na mean, its just eminem for me was great at the start of his career, now i just dont give him the time.

jasedwads said:
But for me, after marshall mathers lp I dont wanna even now. na mean, its just eminem for me was great at the start of his career, now i just dont give him the time.
Compare songs like Still Don't Give a Fuck and Drug Ballad to the stuff he puts out today, the difference in quality is striking.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.