Why did B.I.G. get away with stuff that today's rappers get shitted on for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shot 21

Dissin Pac after he died is the biggest bitch move you can do. But Biggie backtracked and was bigging Pac up in the last interview he did (you can hear it in Ems version of Runnin). As for lying about being poor and selling drugs thats fake. If a rapper did it today everyone would be hatin on him. But Christopher Wallace aka Notorious B.I.G aka Biggie Smalls aka Frank White is dead. I think he deserves forgiveness now. Let him rest in peace and lets start talking about his music which is what he should be remembered for.

alot of football players do ballet but they do it for the purpose that it helps their football game.

who cares if big got away with it..who cares if pac got away with stuff as well....just let them rest.

BIG was special just like Pac was the thing that BIG appearance n how cocky he was on the mic i think thats y that big dude made u believe he was livin.u right he did get a pass on that cuz 2day when i know a rapper is fake ill hate n talk bout how i hate him but wit BIG i didnt cuz he just grabbed my attention n made it believeable yeah he did have bodygaurds i call 50 a bitch 4 it n call Big smart n scared.i only hated BIG when i thought he helped got Pac killed but other than that ill listen to Big b4 50snitch nelly or anyother cocksuckaz!!!

DONDI said:
Ok why do we always on this board analyze the lifes of artists? Is it really that interesting to know if biggie was a coward or not if he had a crew if he had bodyguards if he sold drugs or not? Ya know if he made up all stories on his tracks you gotta give him props cuz he sure did entertain you..This is 12 year gurl magazine talk man. It's like saying I don't like Christina A cuz she is such a hoe oh gurl you right mya too damn right!
When you think about it, rap is the only form of music where the fans care if the artist is tellig the truth.

I mean sure, in other genres it helps (see Guns N Roses) their music if they've actually lived it but it ain't the be all & end all like it is with rap.

Like Xzibit said, 10% skills, 90% Hollywood - & that ain't right.

Silleone said:
LOL, who gives a fuck, let the brother rest

why the fuck did pac strip for men and wear thongs
why did the nigga wear tight spandex and dance around like a fag.
co sign, why can pac get away with sum shit but other rappers cant ??
biggie is dead. r.i.p.

Bobby Sands

Biggie was in a bad way after Pac died.He knew people were out 4 him.I wouldnt hate on him 4 crying cos he was scared shitless.I think deep down Biggie was real upset over Pac's death.

jason_g_718 said:
What? Are you Hurts' net guard or something?

Dude never adds anything to a conversation.

OH i swear i sum members are fuckin stupid im talkin about Jason man.

I have tried several times to play it cool ya know and he just cuts me off and now he is saying I dont add ne thing to the convo's dude scroll down calcuo just quoted me.

When I speak I do it my own way you don't have to like it but please don't try to manipulate the truth. I dunno maybe it is cuz i don't choose to hang around in LIFE alot and I don't like to defend eminem all day and brag about my listening experience maybe that is why you are still mentioning my name.

Newayz to come back at calcuo:

Yo i was just listening to A track by pete rock n skillz- One MC one DJ and he (skillz)says sumthin like: Sell lives and y'all lie to sell.
Without lies, your whole album would be borin as hell

That is so true and us rap fans love the lies but as soon as shit gets boring we start bitching about the lies :eek: . We are just as wrong as the rappers that sell lies to us and that is fuckin ridiculious!! You either like the record or you don't right? That is why I always hate that bullshit about Pac being real and shit who says he didn't lie? Fuck it just fuckin like the music and if you don't listen to sum 1 else but at the same time I don't understand how ppl can keep listening to a certain artist 4 so long I feel like I always gotta get sumthin new but that is just me..

''I say that I say what I say just so I can see they reaction''

jason_g_718 said:
co-sign. :thumb:

are u a fudgepacker or something.

also the other day i read in a topic, u were 28, ahahahahaha, nigga, what the fuck are u u doin on a forum, damn u aint got no girl, u live at your moms house with nothing but the dream that one day u will be signed by shady aftermath.

damn man, your pitiful.

Silleone said:
are u a fudgepacker or something.

also the other day i read in a topic, u were 28, ahahahahaha, nigga, what the fuck are u u doin on a forum, damn u aint got no girl, u live at your moms house with nothing but the dream that one day u will be signed by shady aftermath.

damn man, your pitiful.
Wit that post you are showing how retarded you are. You never know him personally, cause all you need to know are his posts and what they contain, except for, you are gay and you are searchin for a group of Forum-members which run a train on you, Lmao! :p

DONDI said:
Yo i was just listening to A track by pete rock n skillz- One MC one DJ and he (skillz)says sumthin like: Sell lives and y'all lie to sell.
Without lies, your whole album would be borin as hell
Those who are actually rooted in Hip Hop & still place it above the money see what it is & say it.

Those who place the money above the music & the culture, know what it is but will rarely tell it.

And I know what you're saying about looking for new shit but now & again, somebody drops something that is timeless. You'll listen to it for a while, then leave it but when you come back & listen to it again, it still blows you away.

For example, Pun & Fat Joe - Deep Cover '98. When Pun says.......

Testament to it's impact that I don't even need to type it.

Talking of anticipating the 'new stuff', it's been a long time (pun intended) since Rakim dropped something. I was wondering if anyone knew his situation since departing from Aftermath, quite a long time ago now.

Rassy, Dre, Royce & JMT I've got my ears open for them too. I also wish Big Daddy Kane would drop something - like Rakim he's just too damn talented not to keep making new shit.

Crooked I is anticipated as well......

ArtsyGirl

Everybody cries even MEN and its not something to be ashamed of, or to hate on someone like Biggie about. And since he was afraid for his life I doubt any of you would do any different. As for rapping about a poor childhood when in reality he was well-off? I dont know, its music at the end of the day and if he spoke about it and his words reached someone who actually has that life then I cant see whats so "wrong" about it. Its another example of the expectations Hip Hop fans have on these rappers that dont allow creative expression.
But the main reason Biggie "gets away" with it is because he is deceased. It would be like kicking a dead body to critisize him for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.