Why did B.I.G. get away with stuff that today's rappers get shitted on for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly this is a jacked thread from the Ill Community but I found it interesting so now it's here, opinions?

lilrich said:
I mean the top rappers today get shitted on for so much shit but niggaz give BIG a pass. Why isnt there niggaz making fun of BIG crying ON MTV and BEING SHOOK and IN FEAR OF HIS LIFE!!! If it was any rapper now niggaz would be calling him a shook bitch and pussy. Or What about never officially responding to PAC with a diss track of his own? U got no name regional rappers dissing mainstream acts and the mainstream acts dont respond then he dont wanna battle? Bottom line why did BIG get away with that double standard?
Ferrari said:
1) Biggie lied about how poor he was (Biggie's mom confirms it on the Tupac and Biggie DVD for al you unbelieving dickryders); no one says anything

2) He carried security everywhere; no-one says shit

3) Pac blatently calls him out; Biggie's only reply comes after Pac's death in subliminal (admittedly it was recorded before Pac died) again no-one says shit.

LOL, who gives a fuck, let the brother rest

why the fuck did pac strip for men and wear thongs
why did the nigga wear tight spandex and dance around like a fag.

Nick

Silleone said:
why the fuck did pac strip for men and wear thongs
why did the nigga wear tight spandex and dance around like a fag.
Cos he was broke and saw working for Digital Underground as his way into the music business. Next question?

Don't know much about the Prodigy situation besides what Jay said but 2Pac was hardly a ballerina. (ballerina being a female anyway)

He studied ballet at his school while, it would appear to be, Prodigy took that shit up by his own accord.

Not dickryding, just telling it like it is.

As for BIG, I don't why he gets away with shit. But if being 'real' is what it's all about, then being in fear for your life shouldn't be viewed as a bad thing because, if people want you dead, you're most likely going to be shook at one point or another. I do see people's point though, especially if you think about BIG crying while you listen to 'Kick In The Door'.

As for security - staying alive should be up there on everyone's priority list, especially once you've 'made it'.

Lying about being poor? That's a bitch move & I did see Voletta Wallace saying that shit. (She obviously ain't as savvy as Afeni when it comes to the power of suggestion)
Btw, wasn't Ice Cube from a decent background too? I'm pretty sure he wasn't shit poor neither.

Not replying to 2Pac? That would be viewed as a bitch move. I will say though, in the fat man's defense, that when you look at Hip Hop beefs, the number in which a rapper has been shot before/during the beef is pretty small so you can't really measure this up against most of the other beefs. At the most, the majority of beefs might have someone from a rapper's camp getting beat down. That said, Quik & Eiht was heated as fuck & they traded blows back in forth (although neither was shot in the process)

Like this is goin to be another hurts post but hm...

Who gives a fuck man!!

If he got away with it and today's rappers don't it's obviously clear ''we'' have learned from it. Now im not saying biggie this biggie that cuz i really don't give a fuck all im just saying well uhh what im saying..

Even if Biggie was a coward still who gives a fuck man yall pathetic this is groupie talk I find this so pathetic i don't even know what to say next man but I know my post isn't finished man.

*thinks*

Ok why do we always on this board analyze the lifes of artists? Is it really that interesting to know if biggie was a coward or not if he had a crew if he had bodyguards if he sold drugs or not? Ya know if he made up all stories on his tracks you gotta give him props cuz he sure did entertain you..This is 12 year gurl magazine talk man. It's like saying I don't like Christina A cuz she is such a hoe oh gurl you right mya too damn right!

You know when I made a thread called: What Is hip hop? I wanted to get you people to start talking about hip hop again. Unfortunately the thread died after a few days because too many ( or so I think) members arent interested in talking hip hop again they rather talk about the lifes of their idols.

So let's talk some hip hop again gotta give props to I think it was jason for his thread about old skool rap. And the interviews that have been posted thats nice yo I would like to see more threads like that

Man like yall remember the times of................

Man there isnt 1 decent thread in this forum where people talk about hip hop without dissing eachother that is fuckin ridiculious cuz this is the streethop forum we come here to talk about the same things but somehow we only talk about 3 things

pac shady/aftermath and suge knight.

This board is dying...oh and if I really didn't like this board I would have left it already :rolleyes:

Tonio1986 said:
Nobody wants your posts and even your being here.
I think you just don't want me here thats cool..Please go if u like hip hop go reply in one of my threads. I would really appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.