When I lost respect for Hip Hop Heads.

Preach

ill-matic said:
That's not true. Ice-T and NWA laid down what gangster rap was almost half a decade prior to Doggystyle's release. I'm aware Dre was a part of NWA, but we're talking about Snoop here.
he didnt found gangsta rap indeed. he was, even though it may have originated with above the law or whoever, one of the founding fathers of g-funk though. snoop did more for hiphop and than 50 cent did with his mumble-rap.

Mr.Deuce

Mr.Deuce Wigalow: Male E-Gigolo
snoop is a legend.
he´s a nwa child,tha whole history he was always n tha game..he did big thnags fa west coast..he´s one uv tha best mc´s n tha game.g-funk is snoop dogg.and we all love g-funk.doggystyle was classic.doggfather was classic.last albums (besides tha last) were good.he´s time on death row.evryting.bvut doin dat mtv-pop-fake-pimp-shit is weak ass fuck.i agree.but as a rapper and as a musician.YES,HE`S A LEGEND.
WHO AGREES?

K D said:
^ do it.. or shutup

snoop is a legend because he with dr dre and deathrow layed it down what gangster rap was.. hes a legend because he helped carry rap to what it is today. you got a problem with snoops lyrics? does he ever say he was the best lyricist or thats his main goal? his music isnt to express social, or economic issues .. its something you can just vibe to! obviously his music isnt going to have the same vibe as 'doggystyle' or 'the doggfather'' he was 20 years old then and this is 15 years later .. hes getting his grown man on, do you think he needs to make any more music? he doesnt do it for the money he does it for himself and the love of the game.. hes not trying to make anyone happy with his records except snoop dogg and you gotta respect that .. hes a legend .. your a hater .. get a life
:thumb: :cool:

Snoop is a legend. Even though I have never rated his lyrics, he does have that slick voice and a nice flow to go with it. When ever I hear of snoop i always think he is the most stylish rapper in the game (always has been) - cool clothes, sick hairstyles and just his whole image is so likeable to fans. Remember pac said that one of the reasons he joined the row was because he loved snoop and his style. With all that being said he has dropped some pretty bog standard albums since doggystyle so I would'nt put him up there with any of the greats but he is certainly a legend for being one of the true characters the rap game has had...

K D said:
^ do it.. or shutup

snoop is a legend because he with dr dre and deathrow layed it down what gangster rap was.. hes a legend because he helped carry rap to what it is today. you got a problem with snoops lyrics? does he ever say he was the best lyricist or thats his main goal? his music isnt to express social, or economic issues .. its something you can just vibe to! obviously his music isnt going to have the same vibe as 'doggystyle' or 'the doggfather'' he was 20 years old then and this is 15 years later .. hes getting his grown man on, do you think he needs to make any more music? he doesnt do it for the money he does it for himself and the love of the game.. hes not trying to make anyone happy with his records except snoop dogg and you gotta respect that .. hes a legend .. your a hater .. get a life
Some arguments are ok, but the thing with the money is bullshit on the highest level! Do you think he tours round the world with all the stress, because he loves the game?! Wouldnt it be better to chill in his crib? Of course it is all about the money, I dont know man, but sometimes ppl are just not thinkin or stupid. ;)

H.E. Pennypacker said:
The lyrics are unbelievably weak and I could construct something more complex with a better flow.
O man. You got sonned left right and centre in this whole thread. Let's hear your track with a better flow then?

and yeah his rhymes might be simple but he just has a sick flow over mellow ass beats.
Sick flow? I don't know if should laugh or cry. If Snoop's flow is sick, oh man...I won't even get into it. I can't believe people are willing to call his flow sick simply because Snoop is an OG.

^ do it.. or shutup
If I did write something, this thread would turn into a totally different topic. There's no point in me writing something for this. I'll just give you an example of what I think is great flow: all the verses (with the exception of Eminem's) on Welcome To D-Block. That should give you an idea of what I think of as great lyrics with great flows.

snoop is a legend because he with dr dre and deathrow layed it down what gangster rap was.. hes a legend because he helped carry rap to what it is today.
I never argued about this point. I know for a fact Snoop is an OG (someone who's in rap here since almost day one). He may have started this and that, but what does that say about his lyrics? I said his lyrics suck.

you got a problem with snoops lyrics? does he ever say he was the best lyricist or thats his main goal? his music isnt to express social, or economic issues ..
That's not why I hate his lyrics. Its not about that. I hate his lyrics because of the simplicity and the lack of a decent flow. Im A Hustla by Cassidy is not about social issues or similar issues, but that doesn't mean its lyrics aren't sick. They are sick.

hes getting his grown man on
The guy who is rapping about prostitutes and being great with the ladies when he has children is a man that's "getting his grown man on?" Yeah right. Someone on this forum could act more mature than Snoop does. Snoop is a joke and he's no example for a father or an adult.

I don't think u can take that away from him.
Give me a name of a song with a great flow and I'll listen to it. How much do you want to bet that the song you recommend is garbage?

If you're flow is better then his and you're lyrics are that good, I'd suggest you write a song and start make money.
I never said I was good...I am saying anyone is better than this fool called Snoop. ANYONE...I am sure you are better than him.

The man helps starving artists to eat, because when you have "Features: Snoop Dogg" on your album cover, you will make a couple of more thousnad through the sales.
Hasn't that point been debunked already? Sales have nothing to do with talent.

So you lost respect for hip-hop heads due to someones personal opinion?
You're not reading the post...are you? Read this:

I am not saying Calcuo is a Hip Hop head, but I know for sure the words he uttered reflect the Hip Hop Heads community.
Mr. Pennypacker, don't make me shame you.
Calc, I am not denying that you could make me look pretty bad on Street Hop. I told you some things that could make me the laughing stock of SH, but those things were between you and I. :)

If I was ever to put a quote in my sig, this would be it.
You misquoted me.

Some arguments are ok, but the thing with the money is bullshit on the highest level! Do you think he tours round the world with all the stress, because he loves the game?!
]
Do you think he tours around the world with all the stress, because he really needs that extra 10 grand? Because he must be so strapped for cash, being one of the most well-known US celebritys over the last decade, with a bunch of platinum records, several movies, a record label, a clothing company, etc and all...

It may be hard for you to believe right now, but maybe, just maybe, his love for the art which he has done his whole life and has made him who is, is more powerful than 10 grand which he doesn't need.

but sometimes ppl are just not thinkin or stupid.
WOrd...

I think snoop is one of those guys who will live on forever. His solo albums are so little of what he is. The music he did with dre, pac, dpg, ect will go forever. they shaped gansta rap as we know it. sure nwa started it. but it that dont mean it was them that shaped it. Give snoop his props man. Mayb you need to check yo self son.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.