When I lost respect for Hip Hop Heads.

Blame CalcuoCuchicheo for my loss of respect for Hip Hop Heads. When he called Snoop Dogg a "legend," I lost all espect for Hip Hop Heads. I am not saying Calcuo is a Hip Hop head, but I know for sure the words he uttered reflect the Hip Hop Heads community.

Seriously, it gets no worse than Snoop Dogg. I'd rather listen to 50 Cent talk about how ants build colonies. I'd rather listen to Chingy throwing up than listening to anything by Snoop Dogg (including The Doggfather). Why does Snoop suck? The lyrics are unbelievably weak and I could construct something more complex with a better flow.

If you guys support what Calcuo said, feel bad for yourself. Put something over your face and tell fellow Hip Hop Heads to be ashamed of themselves.

Note: Calcuo may not have used the word "legend" exactly, but he spoke very highly of Snoop Dogg and The Doggfather.

^Why are you contradicting yourself. You said Calc said Snoop is a legend then you go on to say he didn't really say it? You know theres an edit button you can use...

Anyway you look at it he is a legend. He has had many hits as any other. The problem really is that you guys want another Doggystyle album which he will probably never deliver.

Calacou is also a fan of the Doggfather CD?
Tell him to wipe his eyes and take me off block.

And Cosmo, Snoop is a fucking legend cause he laid it down for so many others if nothing else.

and yeah his rhymes might be simple but he just has a sick flow over mellow ass beats.

Get In The Van I Have Candy said:
^Why are you contradicting yourself. You said Calc said Snoop is a legend then you go on to say he didn't really say it? You know theres an edit button you can use...
I just added the note to not piss him off, but I am 99% sure he used the word "legend."

Mase

Snoop does indeed suck, but he is making money, which I'm sure is all he cares about at the moment. The majority of people on this board will call Snoop a legend but I disagree. Doggstyle is a classic, but he has besmirched himself way to much recently (the last 5 years) to be called a legend in my opinion.

Mase said:
Snoop does indeed suck, but he is making money, which I'm sure is all he cares about at the moment. The majority of people on this board will call Snoop a legend but I disagree. Doggstyle is a classic, but he has besmirched himself way to much recently (the last 5 years) to be called a legend in my opinion.
So is Air Jordan not a Legend?
Is Jerry Rice Not a legend?

K D

H.E. Pennypacker said:
I could construct something more complex with a better flow.

^ do it.. or shutup

snoop is a legend because he with dr dre and deathrow layed it down what gangster rap was.. hes a legend because he helped carry rap to what it is today. you got a problem with snoops lyrics? does he ever say he was the best lyricist or thats his main goal? his music isnt to express social, or economic issues .. its something you can just vibe to! obviously his music isnt going to have the same vibe as 'doggystyle' or 'the doggfather'' he was 20 years old then and this is 15 years later .. hes getting his grown man on, do you think he needs to make any more music? he doesnt do it for the money he does it for himself and the love of the game.. hes not trying to make anyone happy with his records except snoop dogg and you gotta respect that .. hes a legend .. your a hater .. get a life

K D said:
^ do it.. or shutup

snoop is a legend because he with dr dre and deathrow layed it down what gangster rap was.. hes a legend because he helped carry rap to what it is today. you got a problem with snoops lyrics? does he ever say he was the best lyricist or thats his main goal? his music isnt to express social, or economic issues .. its something you can just vibe to! obviously his music isnt going to have the same vibe as 'doggystyle' or 'the doggfather'' he was 20 years old then and this is 15 years later .. hes getting his grown man on, do you think he needs to make any more music? he doesnt do it for the money he does it for himself and the love of the game.. hes not trying to make anyone happy with his records except snoop dogg and you gotta respect that .. hes a legend .. your a hater .. get a life
CO-Motha-Fuckin-Sign

ill-matic

K D said:
^ do it.. or shutup

snoop is a legend because he with dr dre and deathrow layed it down what gangster rap was..
That's not true. Ice-T and NWA laid down what gangster rap was almost half a decade prior to Doggystyle's release. I'm aware Dre was a part of NWA, but we're talking about Snoop here.

The.Menace

Staff member
I strongly disagree...

The lyrics are unbelievably weak and I could construct something more complex with a better flow.
right, sometimes snoop's lyrics suck, but he got the flow. I don't think u can take that away from him. If you're flow is better then his and you're lyrics are that good, I'd suggest you write a song and start make money.

ill-matic said:
That's not true. Ice-T and NWA laid down what gangster rap was almost half a decade prior to Doggystyle's release. I'm aware Dre was a part of NWA, but we're talking about Snoop here.
Snoop And Dre brought it to another level,

In reality MTV should get the Credit, they just picked Snoop Dogg to start the whole Gangsta Rap fad in full effect/

Lok

fuck it, I might as well drop my 2 Cents.
You might not like his music, but you HAVE to respect him as an artist & for what he has done & STILL doing.
You may say "He aint doing shit!", well you are wrong. the man is on almost every damn album. The guy is doing joints with EVERYBODY, and not just the big acts; im talking about ANYONE, for chump change. from the biggest acts in the industry, to the smallest local artists in your own town. The man helps starving artists to eat, because when you have "Features: Snoop Dogg" on your album cover, you will make a couple of more thousnad through the sales. He doesn't close doors for the next generation, unlike like other people in the industry.
I might not enjoy his music anymore, but I sure as hell admire the guy for what he does for the industry. and for the record, i'l take a snoop album over G-Unit/new Eminem any day.

fold

Hankaveli said:
Calacou is also a fan of the Doggfather CD?
Tell him to wipe his eyes and take me off block.

And Cosmo, Snoop is a fucking legend cause he laid it down for so many others if nothing else.

and yeah his rhymes might be simple but he just has a sick flow over mellow ass beats.
:thumb:

7 Syns

So you lost respect for hip-hop heads due to someones personal opinion?

well if thats the case I lost respect for you for being el stupido.

peace.

I'm sure his opinion on every subject does not represent the opinions of other Hip Hop heads. But on this subject I agree that Snoop is a legend.

Yeah, I did use the word legend. Snoop is a fucking legend.

And my praise was more for his Doggystyle album & his contributions to The Chronic than for The Doggfather album - even though that was hot too.

Mr. Pennypacker, don't make me shame you. Maybe I should start a thread called "When It Was Undeniably Confirmed That I Was Right For Never Having Respect For Casual Listeners".

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.