Whats SO Good About Young Jeezy?

lol If anything, Jeezy jump started Gucci's career. But anyways, I like Jeezy because he's different. The shit that he says is actually believeable, which is a big factor in being a Rap artist. Jeezy isn't too bad lyrically, either. His bars are always short as hell, that's why he really doesn't have a flow. But the lyrics themselves are nice, to me.

"Jeezy the bank teller; I seen them figures/
That's why I run circles 'round you square ass niggaz/"

"We trap all day with no lunch breaks/
It's dinner time, but a gangsta cookin' pancakes/"

actually the whole south wit the exception of scarface (really southwest but anyway) the whole of them can't RAP 4 shyt, as far as lyrics

pclvson said:
actually the whole south wit the exception of scarface (really southwest but anyway) the whole of them can't RAP 4 shyt, as far as lyrics

obviously u dont listen to enough people u just listen to the radio...
1.Little Brother
2.UGK
3.Old Eightball MJG
4.Outkast

All of these artists have tremendous respect for lyrics and actually having lyrical content..

put jeezy is so fucking annoying in my opinion, he says DAAAAAMMMMnnnnnnn in like every song 50 times, talks about coc all the time, and raps way to fuckin slow. im not a big fan of him and his raspy ass voice either..... oh yeah he says "chyea" in very song, hes unoriginal.....

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
young jeezy is catchy, but he can't rhyme for shit. he thinks saying the same fucking word at the end of each line is rhyming. here's some examples:

"i used to hit the kitchen lights, cockroaches everywhere /
hit the kitchen lights, and i was moppin' floors everywhere"

^ from "thug motivation 101". first line of the first song on his first album. not very impressive.

"i'm a boss, i got juice like the magazine /
and every day i see feds like the magazine"

^ from "standing ovation". second song on his first album. also not very impressive.

"i see opportunity, i'm a opportunist /
n---- ya heard what i said? i'm a opportunist"

^ from "sky's the limit". fourth song on his first album. once again, very lacking in impressiveness.

and then, even when he does rhyme, he has really weak, basic rhymes.

all in all, he's catchy, and he sort of grows on you, but he's not exactly a very talented rapper.

that fool....aint that good and Soul Survior should have never became a hit...his voice is str8 up bootsy

"Iced out belt buckle, they never had a chance"
"drop 60 grand just to hold up my pants"

that was funny though the way he said it

Big Flipp

Jeezy is just the new 50 cent. people are loving him now cause of his gimmick. In due time he will suffer the same backlash 50 is getting.

Big Flipp said:
Jeezy is just the new 50 cent. people are loving him now cause of his gimmick. In due time he will suffer the same backlash 50 is getting.

like someone said "southren rapper over NY beats" referring to Lil Wayne' won't work..we will see....

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Aint a damn thing good about Young Jeezy. I still remember when I heard his first solo track...I was like wtf is this shit? His vocals R like twice as high as the beat...shit was ridiculous. Mixin got better but thats it lol

i think he has some catchy shit, but he bugged me on one of his features on Bun's cd 'Trill' on that track with Bun, Pimp C, Jay Z Jeezy and Z-Ro, the track is "get throwed" all the other rode the beat well, but then jeezy came on spittin all slow to a fast beat and to me it fucked up the track pretty badly

GHETTO-ESTRELLA said:
his voice is annoyin his raps are below average gucci mane started his career,,,,to all u jeezy fans whats so good about him
I agree 100 percent, i neva liked him, ive been asking the same question ever since i heard him

Diaz

Normally when it comes to new rappers I judge them before listening to them, but I actually peeped Jeezy...... and it was garbage. Average flow and obvious punchlines that have been said a million times before.

C.R.Y.

he aint great at all. hes average. i like soul survivor but thats it. hes another 50 cent. popular atm but his hype will die down

Acts worth checkin out in the south are Scarface, Luda, Lil Wayne, Outkast, Bun B, T.I., Chamillionaire, Slim Thug, Little Brother (I consider them eastcoast), Three 6 Mafia, 8Ball & MJG, Young Buck and I'm sure theres alot more if I keep thinking.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.