What the fuck ever happened to Ja Rule?

ja is in limbo right now, he was strickly street when venni vitcci came out and it did aiight, nottin special, but when rule 336 came out, he mixed a lil both and bam his albums sales went out of control, so think about it, you cant be street and sell records yo, its the pop music, its what sells, even in da club is pop music, when it comes down to it, everyone sells out because street records dont sell, remember they have to also reach a white audience, thats the biggest precent of ppl buying records in the music industry, so when you make street records, it doesnt apply to them, so all that hating on certain rappers that are making pop music, they have no choice yo

Shot 21

Aristotle said:
Like I said earlier, it wasn't 50 who ended his career it was the dick riders, the media, the masses.
Too right. The 50 disses were weak as fuck. If you ignored everything apart from the actaul songs and how they dissed each other then Ja Rule won hands down. He even beat Eminem ("Shut up Em, you claim your mothers a crackhead and Kim is a known slut. So whats Hailie gon be when she grows up?") But everyone jumped on Em and 50s dick. You had people talkin bout how they "murdered" Ja but hadnt even heard Loose Change or any other diss track? I had plenty of friends who were Ja fans until 50 came out, suddenly they "never liked that pussy". Its pretty sad when you think about it.

Anyway I have a feeling Ja Rule will make a comeback, so I will wait till then and say "I told you so" just remember this post and dont start saying I jumped on his dick now hes popular.

i heard he signed onto Atlantic, and that he's coming out with 2 new cd's. ALso i heard a song with him and Newz on it, it was a tight song.

Aristotle said:
^What career was ended, Canibus went on to do his best work and LL became hugely successful, so what career was ended?
I agree. LL didnt ruin Bis's career, but LL just owned him in the long run. Canibus debut album went gold because of the fued w/ LL, and it brought out some of the best in LL - so it sort of benefited them both. But Bis chose to move away from Wyclef's camp and has since declining for not making radio-friendly music.

As for Ja Rule, people were just gettin tired of him. Biting off of Pac, aligning himself with DeathRow, and it wasnt the fact that he sung, but his voice was terrible. But the Last Temptation album was the nail in the coffin for him - doing a song with Bobby Brown, doing a Grease remake for the "Mesmerize" video. I think folks were getting tired of him...it was just the right time for somebody like 50 to come along tell him to "get the fuck out here".

I thought a lot of people on this board like Ja... I can remember right before "Blood in my Eye" a lotta dudes were real excited. And personally I feel that Ja won that beef. His songs were better compared to Shady's. It's just that they sold more and then everyone assumes that they won because they sold more and were more popular on MTV.

And it wasn't them who "ended" his career. If anything, it was the FBI. Since they first raided those offices MI has gotten huge media coverage about it, and now that's their reputation. It's kinda ironic because on R.U.L.E. he was kinda bragging about there being no arrests, and then right after Irv and Chris get nabbed.

He may be waiting for the trial to see if Murder Inc. can re-build, but I don't think his or Ashanti's careers are over by any means.

Peace.

ARon

^^Wow man no one ever said anything like that tight ass CREATIVE line right there.

Besides that, why would you dis them anyway, or dis anyone you have no beef with?

Aristotle said:
Of course that was sarcasm.
It's not like I heard the rest of the Ja Rule disses that use similar punch lines... so it was creative to me. :(

And I posted it for a laugh, not to impress anyone... geez.

Aristotle said:
Like I said earlier, it wasn't 50 who ended his career it was the dick riders, the media, the masses.
i agree, but also it was the dick riders, the media, and the masses who made him a superstar in the first place. they created him, and they destroyed him. he should have seen this coming, what do you expect when 95% of your fans are little girls who change what they like each week?

Aristotle said:
No rapper has ever ended any other rappers career.
^I was gonna say KRS was the dude, but then you said this:

Aristotle said:
^What career was ended, Canibus went on to do his best work and LL became hugely successful, so what career was ended?
The only man who can even come close to layin claim to ending another rappers career is KRS One.

Aristotle said:
The only man who can even come close to layin claim to ending another rappers career is KRS One.
You think canibus really gets much satisfaction if the rhymes on his albums are more complexed than LL's when LL is guarenteed to sell ten times as many units and has money for days?? I wish i wasn't as cynical as i am but thats life

ARon

^^Not everyone is in it for the money. I Laugh at myself saying that too. But Canibus sells like 100,000 andhe is doing fine, I'm sure he wants millions but if I was in his position, i would think, I did what I wanted to do for me, my art and so forth. So yeah I think he is happy. But your right money is life and it is sad.

Too the guy who wanted to know who was involved with KRS is P.M Dawn, mainly Prince Be though. He is the guy who got thrown off the stage at The Sound Factory Club(i think that is the name) during one of their performances. KRS threw the dude off the stage and then he did what any emcee does.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.