Tragedy Khadafi is one of the greatest rappers of all time. Discuss.

its linx! said:
Will you shut up already? He's better than dude from the Outlaws, period. Always was. He's been around for a long time and he's made good music for a long time. People know who he is. Would you rather be known as a good rapper that's been around for years making good music or a medicore rapper that just made a Pac song worse 90% of the time?
tomorrow when i go out i'll ask random people on the street if they know a rapper named tragedy khadafi. i bet you my xbox 360 no one says yeah.

Chronic

BIG NASTY said:
tomorrow when i go out i'll ask random people on the street if they know a rapper named tragedy khadafi. i bet you my xbox 360 no one says yeah.
I think he means that the people who should know know who he is. Meaning a New York head would know him but probably not some random person or rap fan.

To me Kadafi was definitely talented but most of his verses sound like an artist in training (which is what the OUTLAWZ were I guess), his flow was sometimes sloppy and rushed, just like some of his writing. Sometimes he showed a lot of potential but that's it. He died before we could see just how good he was so he might have been better than Tragedy eventually but we'll never know.

It's kind of hard to compare the two though. Kadafi was never out there as an actual artist, he just made some guest appearances or worked with a group. Making actual songs is a lot harder than just having to write a verse for an existing concept. Tragedy proved himself as an artist even before Pac truly blew up, Kadafi only proved himself to be a favorite OUTLAW among Pac fans. And of course there are always the rumors that Pac helped the LAWZ with their verses at times.

Bombsquad said:
You're sick. Yaki Kadafi at age 19 will lyrically put Tragedy Kadafi to shame. Kadafi had one of the best flows for his time and can still probably murder almost any mc with his flow today.
GTFOH!!!:laugh:
And as far as popularity goes, both of them are probably equally unpopular to the average listener, but Trag is def more respected amongst the hip-hop legends. Being a member of the Juice Crew and reppin QB with underground classics for years holds more weight than a few verses as Pac's sidekick
btw Trag's verse on "T.O.N.Y.">>> any Outlaw verse

not knowing tragedy kadafi is like not knowing pharoahe monch... it aint got shit to do with ppl not knowing em cuz they're "underground" ... its got to do with ppl not knowing em cuz they dont know HIP HOP.

Casey

Staff member
ImmortalTech said:
not knowing tragedy kadafi is like not knowing pharoahe monch... it aint got shit to do with ppl not knowing em cuz they're "underground" ... its got to do with ppl not knowing em cuz they dont know HIP HOP.
exactly. Any self respecting hip-hop head knows who Trag is.

Preach

i enjoy yaki more than tragedy, but that's because i really like yaki, and i never really got the time to get into tragedy.

either way, measuring one rapper up against another is like measuring one's personality up against someone else's and saying who's is the better person. we all come from different backgrounds, experienced different things, <insert n00b highroad speech here> point being that it's not really fair to say one rapper is better than the other. it's like saying a curling iron is better than a pair of red socks. it may or may not be true but it's an unrealistic comparison to make altogether.

tragedy's voice, flow and lyrics have little in common with yaki's to me, but like i said, it's not like i'm a tragedy khadafi expert.

Cyence said:
GTFOH!!!:laugh:
And as far as popularity goes, both of them are probably equally unpopular to the average listener, but Trag is def more respected amongst the hip-hop legends. Being a member of the Juice Crew and reppin QB with underground classics for years holds more weight than a few verses as Pac's sidekick
btw Trag's verse on "T.O.N.Y.">>> any Outlaw verse
Fatal Hussein alone from the Outlawz will eat Tragedy with one line. Get mad!:angry:

An arguable classic?:laugh: What a joke. The Outlawz Retribution is an instant classic. Not to mention the Outlawz have other solid efforts as well. And I'm not even an Outlawz fan but the fact that he's even being compared to them just shows what league he's in and that he's far from Goat league.

Bombsquad said:
An arguable classic?:laugh: What a joke. The Outlawz Retribution is an instant classic. Not to mention the Outlawz have other solid efforts as well. And I'm not even an Outlawz fan but the fact that he's even being compared to them just shows what league he's in and that he's far from Goat league.
:laugh: :laugh: Instant Classic..I aint seen nobody outside a Pac forum mention that album. Real spit
I dont think Tragedy Khadafi is in the goat league if you talking top 50 mc's of all-time, but I consider him a legend nonetheless. I dont know if Yak could even go into the top 500.

Cyence said:
:laugh: :laugh: Instant Classic..I aint seen nobody outside a Pac forum mention that album. Real spit
I dont think Tragedy Khadafi is in the goat league if you talking top 50 mc's of all-time, but I consider him a legend nonetheless. I dont know if Yak could even go into the top 500.
And I haven't seen or heard anybody talk about Tragedy Khadafi and his work period. Does that mean, he can't have any instant classics because of that. Because that's what your saying according to your arguent.

And of course, it could be possible that Yak won't make top 500 because he never had the chance to do any solo efforts as has been pointed out in this thread in previous posts. But what's Tragedy's excuse. A man who's been in the game for more than a decade. No matter what, Khadafi can outrap Tragedy no matter how many ways you or anybody else wants to put it. That's my word and I'm sticking to it. Now if you and these other people could stop making these comparisons to the Outlaws maybe we could move on.

linx

Staff member
I don't wanna sound like a dick, but you won't win this argument Bombsquad. You won't see me say this much, but this here is BARELY EVEN DEBATABLE. Dude can't see Tragedy and that's that. It's not even that he's an absolutely incredible rapper, he's just better in many ways. Whether it be as a rapper overall or material.

Casey

Staff member
its linx! said:
I don't wanna sound like a dick, but you won't win this argument Bombsquad. You won't see me say this much, but this here is BARELY EVEN DEBATABLE. Dude can't see Tragedy and that's that. It's not even that he's an absolutely incredible rapper, he's just better in many ways. Whether it be as a rapper overall or material.

linx speaks the truth.

its linx! said:
:laugh: @ winning. Unless I'm winning some money or a trophy, I could careless about being victorious in a hip hop debate. I just think it's ridiculous that cats are saying that Tragedy is better than Khadafi LYRICALLY. If you want to argue about MUSICALLY, then say that SPECIFICALLY instead of the >> stuff.

This whole debate started with someone saying that Tragedy is ten times better than Khadafi in the Outlawz. I replied saying that lyrically Khadafi of the Outlawz will eat Tragedy in any day and age of his career. I compared the two based on lyrical because that's all you can judge them based on seeing as you can't compare them both on solo efforts.

Sure Kadafi had more potential to be even better than what he was. But the status he reached imo is far greater than what Tragedy has achieved today and what he is as a whole. Overall Yak is better than Tragedy. Yaki has a better voice, better flow, was flexible, made good appearances, involved in classic material, better lyricists. That's what I've got to say for now.

fuck man, somebody please close this fuckin thread... if dude likes yak more then fuck, whatever who gives a shit. Everybody has their own taste. I honestly say when measuring skills tragedy has alot more than yak. But if theres ppl out there that feel him more, than good for them. This is turning into an Israel vs Palestine debate, like theres no convincing the other side. And c'mon who really cares who's the more popular emcee... Theres ppl that would argue that 50 cent is a better emcee than some1 like Chino XL, and giving the 'popularity' factor any sort of weight would make that a valid arguement. When we all know that that's total bullshit. So lets all get on with our lives instead of argueing about 2 artists who have nothing in common other than similar names.

linx

Staff member
ImmortalTech said:
fuck man, somebody please close this fuckin thread... if dude likes yak more then fuck, whatever who gives a shit. Everybody has their own taste. I honestly say when measuring skills tragedy has alot more than yak. But if theres ppl out there that feel him more, than good for them. This is turning into an Israel vs Palestine debate, like theres no convincing the other side. And c'mon who really cares who's the more popular emcee... Theres ppl that would argue that 50 cent is a better emcee than some1 like Chino XL, and giving the 'popularity' factor any sort of weight would make that a valid arguement. When we all know that that's total bullshit. So lets all get on with our lives instead of argueing about 2 artists who have nothing in common other than similar names.
Yeah it's all good, believe me. It's just.. like I said, this to me is hardly even debatable.

its linx! said:
Yeah it's all good, believe me. It's just.. like I said, this to me is hardly even debatable.
really.
I challenge Bombsquad to make a poll on a non-Pac forum, just a general hip-hop forum such as sohh.com, allhiphop.com, xclusivesoundstation.com....and the results will be so heavily lopsided he'll have no choice but to say "I'm wrong"
LOL

nothing wrong with a lil debate btw. Aint like nobody has resorted to name calling and threats becuz of this thread

Cyence said:
really.
I challenge Bombsquad to make a poll on a non-Pac forum, just a general hip-hop forum such as sohh.com, allhiphop.com, xclusivesoundstation.com....and the results will be so heavily lopsided he'll have no choice but to say "I'm wrong"
LOL

nothing wrong with a lil debate btw. Aint like nobody has resorted to name calling and threats becuz of this thread
Ay fuck you asshole, i'll kill you're mother.

haha i'm kidding, you're right though.

I love when people on a HIP HOP forum are like "who cares who best, why should we debate about that?"

BECAUSE ITS A FUCKING HIP HOP FORUM, what else is it for?

But, Tragedy all around is a better emcee then Yak.

Yak was decent though.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.