Tragedy Khadafi is one of the greatest rappers of all time. Discuss.

If some of you think the Outlawz aren't that good, then fine. Think that. That's your opinion.

But it doesn't change the fact that lyrically Yaki>>>>>>Tragedy.

I'm not big on the Outlaws either. But at least I know two of them are lyrically superior to Tragedy in almost every way possible.

i wasn't saying trag has more rhymes, i was saying BETTER, and more range meaning he can drop all types of shit on one album, check still reporting or against all odds. And the reason i even mentioned 'nerd rapper' is cuz I'm sick of that even being brought up in a discussion, who really cares (so we agree forget that shit). And you cant say Yak's 'who do u believe in verse' is better than tragedy's whole career, is quit ignorant seing u havent followed all of tragedy's career, I dont think any of us have, hes been around for a WHILE. And I agree that this whole comparison is silly, just cuz they have similar names I dont know why ppl are even mentioning it.

Truth is Tragedy's been around for too long and is way too talented to be compared to some dude that lived in 2pac's shadow his whole career, and like u said, never even got around to doing a solo project. Maybe Yak may have grown to be a more full artist, but at the point which he passed away he was just some dude that could throw in some mediocre verse into a track and outshine the outlawz. Anyways hers a lil comparison, between 2 verses

Faith in Allah, believe in me and this plastic
Cause so far I done witnessed to many dead niggaz in caskets
With they chest plates stretched like elastic
And what's worse I'm on front line, holdin down camp, still mashin
Heard my cousin, one of the old heads from the block
Just came home October of '95 back in Yardsville stuck
with a three to five, if he don't act up, now he realize
If you don't stay wise, then in this game you fucked
Talk to my baby girl, give me the word on what she heard
One of the grimmies is snitchin, Diamond a stool pigeon I talked to him
He said he didn't, my man said he did, in fact he's sure
Cause he just came home off of bail

... c'mon dude didnt even have continuity in his verse... and what the hell did this verse have to do with the rest of the song?

anyways heres one by tragdy off "Permanently Scarred"

Ma this song is for you...cuz i love you

My tears fall on the paper as i write this ryme
Its like somewhere in my life a part of me died
And through my eyes a forgotten pain...rott in vain
Escapin the hell fire runnin from flames
Seein moms on the kitchen floor
Not knowin that the dope she injected this time was to raw
Saw myself trapped in the womb tryin to get out
Consumed by this hell flamed pain i spit out
On the day we rest may our souls be free
I aint mad cuz this world made a cole like me
I forgive her cuz my mother gave us all she could
Just another black girl lost enslaved by the hood
I would trade my existance to give you breath
Guess the only guarantes in this life is death
As I look around seein im the last one left
And the things i cant change I just gotta accept

~peace

Immortal Tech I hear everything you're saying and I completely agree, but are you crazy to say that Yaki would throw in a mediocre verse and get shine. Not all of his verses were outstanding, but never have I heard him with a mediocre verse. Homie if you put any of Yaki's verses next to Tragedy Khadafi on a track, he'll easily outshine Tragedy that it would be embarrassing. Just because he's an Outlaw and there not known as lyrical monsters doesn't mean you can take away from there talent because like I said earlier Fatal and Yaki are also lyricists. And imo, Yak had one of the best flows in hip hop period. As for Tragedy, he's decent to me, but one of the greatest, I definitely say no.

... i dont think trag is one of the greatest either.. But anyways I dont wanna argue, cuz I know every one has their personal opinions in hip hop. If you feel yak more than tragedy, thats great. And personally I feel that Yak was mediocre (at best), other than his flow, which was nice... but not one of the best either. I personally dont think he would outshine tragedy, but whatever who cares. As far as the outlawz are concerned:

I respect Yaks flow
I respect Fatals lyrical talent (sometimes)
I respected Napoleons heart and emotion (on his recent works)
... other than that, they pretty much sucked

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
ImmortalTech said:
And personally I feel that Yak was mediocre (at best), other than his flow, which was nice... but not one of the best either. I personally dont think he would outshine tragedy
:thumb: Agreed. Yak is mad overrated on here..

linx

Staff member
Christ, shut up already. Dude cannot even fuck with Tragedy. Period. That's a damn near fact. Barely debatable. Done.

masta247

Staff member
I would say that Yaki's flow was awesome. I never listened to Tragedy that much as I didn't like his name and looks and didn't like any of his songs I've heard. Boooring. I like Yaki because of his flow so for me there won't be many rappers compared to him. Maybe Fatal sometimes, Method man, MF Doom. But everybody likes different things and it especially counts when we're talking about deep songs. Some people may be touched and some people may be bored. Many of you would murder me when I'd say that Tragedy's songs are booring and his voice is booring and his life is booring from what I've red. So overall I prefer Yaki too. It's stupid to compare 2 different rappers who doesn't have too much in common. I'm sure that If Pac had Tragedy's verse on Who do you believe in, Soon as i get home or You Can be touched instead of Yaki's it would sound much worse. That's my opinion. Tragedy is a solo artist, who puts his albums together practically by himself. It would be comparable if Yaki recorded his own album, and we can't say "what if" because nobody knows how would that sound.

:laugh: @ these dudes on here calling things facts. A fact. Unless it can proven, it's not a fact. And seeing that Kadafi went away 10yrs ago at the age of 19 and is more known and has a wider fanbase than Tragedy who is alive and was also around 10 yrs ago, then I think that's the only thing close to proof enough to show you who's better apart from skills.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Bombsquad said:
:laugh: @ these dudes on here calling things facts. A fact. Unless it can proven, it's not a fact. And seeing that Kadafi went away 10yrs ago at the age of 19 and is more known and has a wider fanbase than Tragedy who is alive and was also around 10 yrs ago, then I think that's the only thing close to proof enough to show you who's better apart from skills.
No-one knows who Yaki is apart from Pac fans. :thumb:

I don't even know why theyre being compared...coz they have the same sort of name? ohhkaay..

ThUg $TyLe said:
No-one knows who Yaki is apart from Pac fans. :thumb:

I don't even know why theyre being compared...coz they have the same sort of name? ohhkaay..
And barely no one knows Tragedy Kadafi apart from underground fans which is a shame being as he's been in the game for damn near forever and he's only known by mostly underground heads. Yeah this guy is amongst Goats and hip hop's elites alright.:laugh:

linx

Staff member
Bombsquad said:
And barely no one knows Tragedy Kadafi apart from underground fans which is a shame being as he's been in the game for damn near forever and he's only known by mostly underground heads. Yeah this guy is amongst Goats and hip hop's elites alright.:laugh:
Will you shut up already? He's better than dude from the Outlaws, period. Always was. He's been around for a long time and he's made good music for a long time. People know who he is. Would you rather be known as a good rapper that's been around for years making good music or a medicore rapper that just made a Pac song worse 90% of the time?

its linx! said:
Will you shut up already? He's better than dude from the Outlaws, period. Always was. He's been around for a long time and he's made good music for a long time. People know who he is. Would you rather be known as a good rapper that's been around for years making good music or a medicore rapper that just made a Pac song worse 90% of the time?
Yaki's mediocre>>>>Tragedy's best. Get mad?:angry:

masta247

Staff member
its linx! said:
Wtf you can't compare Yak to Noble or Edi or Kastro. He was awesome addition to Pac's songs. Like I said I can't picture anybody else on Soon as I get home, Who do you believe in etc. His flow is awesome. If you want to say that Tragedy is better then Yak then ok. Everybody's got their own opinion. But don't say that Yaki fucked Pac's songs because it's going too far.

Casey

Staff member
At the end of the day, we all love Yak, but he never even came close to his peak and, depending on how hard 'Pac's death hit him, and I'm sure it hit him harder than most, he may never have reached his peak in terms of what he was capable of.

The small amount of material Yak recorded in his lifetime does not hold a candle to Tragedy. Listen to the Against All Odds album, for proof. Every song on there is straight fire. Blood Type, Lift Ya Glass, Permanently Scarred, TM, Against All Odds...and many more....all sick as hell, all classics. Not to mention his early 90's stuff as Intelligent Hoodlum, or the sick verses he kicked all over The War Report.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.