Tragedy Khadafi is one of the greatest rappers of all time. Discuss.

Casey

Staff member
From his early days with Juice Crew, working with Marley Marl under the name Intelligent Hoodlum, to him being on more of CNN's The War Report than group member Capone (and stealing the spotlight), to his FUCKING CLASSIC album Against All Odds, and the pretty good follow up Still Reportin'... man Tragedy rips it every time.

Go to his MySpace page, listen to Permanently Scarred (which happens to be my all time favorite Trag track), and try and tell me Trag ain't sick as hell.

.. that was also one of my favorite tracks at a certain time. Infact, there was a time where all u'd see in my cd player was a tragedy album. And yes at a point i thought he was one of the greatest, but not no more. I'm not a big fan anymore, but i do respect his talent and think he's a dope artist. But I wouldnt put him in my 'top rappers' list anymore. But obviously thats all just opinions, if u feelin him then great.

*plays Side Walk Confessions*

masta247

Staff member
I don't know why but when I looked at his albums I never bought them because his nickname disturbed me somehow. It made me think it's some kind of offence to Kadafi's murder lol. I know it's not like that but it was my first association.

its linx! said:
Just 10x better than the one in Outlawz, right?
You're sick. Yaki Kadafi at age 19 will lyrically put Tragedy Kadafi to shame. Kadafi had one of the best flows for his time and can still probably murder almost any mc with his flow today.

Bombsquad said:
You're sick. Yaki Kadafi at age 19 will lyrically put Tragedy Kadafi to shame. Kadafi had one of the best flows for his time and can still probably murder almost any mc with his flow today.
exactly, when most oh his lyrics were written by pac.

^
proof? i cant comment cuz ive never heard a tragedy track, but kadafi's voice and flow are unique and addictive/ Made Niggaz, Untouchable, and Starin Thru were his best - can you honestly say his verses on those can be beaten by Khadafi?

Bombsquad said:

... are u kidding me? Can murder almost any mc with his flow? Am I hearing the same kadafi as you? Yes Kadafi had a nice flow, and yes he was one of the better outlawz.. But thats as far as it goes.

Tragedy Khadafi is a hiphop nerd? I dont even see how thats ever relevant. Oh that rappes a gangster or that rappers a nerd.. who the fuck cares. Rappers are artists and entertainers, and if they're creative and good at what they do, who gives a shit if they're nerds.

And as far as Tragedy goes, hes much better than Yak. Better rhymes, more range, better lyrical content. And i'm not no big trag fan no more, I think alot of what he spits is kinda stupid (at times he tries too hard to be deep) but he can drop some real deep tracks, and some straight up grimey street shit.

Tragedy Khadafi >>> Yaki Kadafi

.. go lissen to some more of his material before making judgements based on his name and how he looks

~peace

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
hahahahaha...yaki better than tragedy? this is the only site in the world where somebody would say that (actually at any tupac site people would say that)

i got the still reportin cd...its great...and his work on the war report was classic...havent bought against all odds though

i also got his iron sheik ep that was pretty cool...yea trag is an excellent rapper...but not one of the best imo

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
If there's like a plethora of great rappers, then I'd hold your statement to be....not valid, but true, but not really true.

ImmortalTech said:
... are u kidding me? Can murder almost any mc with his flow? Am I hearing the same kadafi as you? Yes Kadafi had a nice flow, and yes he was one of the better outlawz.. But thats as far as it goes.

Tragedy Khadafi is a hiphop nerd? I dont even see how thats ever relevant. Oh that rappes a gangster or that rappers a nerd.. who the fuck cares. Rappers are artists and entertainers, and if they're creative and good at what they do, who gives a shit if they're nerds.

And as far as Tragedy goes, hes much better than Yak. Better rhymes, more range, better lyrical content. And i'm not no big trag fan no more, I think alot of what he spits is kinda stupid (at times he tries too hard to be deep) but he can drop some real deep tracks, and some straight up grimey street shit.

Tragedy Khadafi >>> Yaki Kadafi

.. go lissen to some more of his material before making judgements based on his name and how he looks

~peace
The tragedy Khadafi hip hop nerd comment is irrelevent being that I made that comment separate from Yaki Kadafi>>>>>Tragedy Khadafi. Anyway that's completely irrelevant here. I don't even know why you brought it up.

You can put any verse from Kadafi on any of these new mixtapes with Saigon, Joe Budden, and Papoose, and you'll still go "Damn, that boy ripped it."

And your comparison is quite silly seeing as Yaki Khadafi never made any solo albums or any efforts to ever go solo. So to say that Tragedy Khadafi has more rhymes, more range, and more lyrical content is a silly argument. I'm talking about lyrically here.

Lyrically, Yaki Kadafi will murder Tragedy Kadafi anyday. Tragedy Khadafi isn't even seeing Hussein Fatal on a rhyming tip and Hussein isn't even better than Yaki Kadafi. Come on now.

Kadafi's verse on Who Do You Believe In alone >>>>>>>>>Tragedy's career. Get mad?

Sarr said:
hahahahaha...yaki better than tragedy? this is the only site in the world where somebody would say that (actually at any tupac site people would say that)

i got the still reportin cd...its great...and his work on the war report was classic...havent bought against all odds though

i also got his iron sheik ep that was pretty cool...yea trag is an excellent rapper...but not one of the best imo
Yeah right. I've passed by other forums where people have argued and debated whether Paris Hilton, D4L, and Mike Jones are better than Biggie. I'm not even making a shock or attention posts, this is a hip hop post. Lyrically, tragedy isn't seeing Yaki Kadafi. It's that simple. Are you going to die over this. Is the world going to come to an end. If I said Papoose is lyrically better than Jay-Z or 2Pac, is that a lie? Is that such a shock that you have to bring 2Pac's name in this when it's irrelevant.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.