Top 10 Diss tracks

**************for people that can't read: heres my PERSONAL list...which means, these are the diss tracks that I consider to be in MY top 10 -i've given a reason for each track (after the title)********************

1. 2pac - Hit Em Up (most heartfelt diss track)

2. Canibus - 2nd Round k.o (best lyrical diss track)

3. Cypress Hill No Rest For The Wicked (most personal diss track)

4. Jay-Z - Take Over (best diss -metaphores)

5. Eminem - I Remember (most origional diss)

6. Everlast - Whiteys Revenge (hardest diss, with a hard beat to match)

7. Common - The Bitch In You (best reply to a diss)

8. Eminem - The Sauce (most angry diss-track i've ever heard)

9. Masta Ace - Acknowledge (Ace rips this track -best punchlines)

10. Ja Rule - Loose Change (Ja killed 50 with this track...had to make the list)

Eminem's "Canabitch"
Nas' "Ether"
Dre's "Fuck Wit Dre Day"
Jada's "Checkmate"
Jin's "Tsunami Response/Fuck Hot 97"
Yukmouth's "Game Ova"

and, if it counts, K-OS' "Emcee Murdah".

I haven't really even heard 10 diss tracks (so fuck me, I'm still new to the game) but those 6/7 are, in my opinion, some of the best.

Aren't we forgetting 2Pac - Why U Turn On Me!!? That's one hell of a diss and it comes near Hit Em Up if you ask me. And Cypress Hill - Fuck Westside Connection is deff the best reply on a diss track!! And Nas - Ether is 2nd. Jigga was blown away by Nas. And Eminem - Superman is (one of) the best diss against bitches, although i don't know much disses like this against bitches, maybe anyone else..

worst list ever
most of the rappers on your list arent even worth the mention, You got like Eminem there like 7 times, Everlast, Ja Rule, i dont know why i clicked this thread, i should have expected as much.

wtf is "heartfelt", its a diss song.

how the hell can you put Hitemup number 1 and even think about putting Ja Rule in the top 10, the aftermath vs inc beef was filled with weak songs, how can u even think about adding one of those.

Zero Cool said:
Take a reality check mate, it isn't the best but it certainly isn't bad.
Depends on how you look at it..really...^

All he said was I fucked your wife..shit he could have said that on tv in an interview or sumthin...
The outlawz= ridiculous on that track...

one mc on dj said:
Depends on how you look at it..really...^

All he said was I fucked your wife..shit he could have said that on tv in an interview or sumthin...
The outlawz= ridiculous on that track...
Kadafi & Fatal came across quite well actually. No other diss track in Hip-Hop history has had the shock value Hit 'Em Up had and continues to have to this day.

Silleone said:
worst list ever
most of the rappers on your list arent even worth the mention, You got like Eminem there like 7 times, Everlast, Ja Rule, i dont know why i clicked this thread, i should have expected as much.

wtf is "heartfelt", its a diss song.

how the hell can you put Hitemup number 1 and even think about putting Ja Rule in the top 10, the aftermath vs inc beef was filled with weak songs, how can u even think about adding one of those.
Hahahahahaha

I agreee... the list is fuckin weak!!

Zero Cool said:
Kadafi & Fatal came across quite well actually. No other diss track in Hip-Hop history has had the shock value Hit 'Em Up had and continues to have to this day.
Whatever man..the shock value always comes up...oh oh amazing...the shock effect has changed I know that 4 sure...it has become bigger than it was..just like everything that is pac connected....

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
one mc on dj said:
Whatever man..the shock value always comes up...oh oh amazing...the shock effect has changed I know that 4 sure...it has become bigger than it was..just like everything that is pac connected....

Sorry Hurts, I gotta go against you. I think Hitemup is the most famous diss track and it's also the benchmark for all other disses.
It may not have anything to do with the technical build of the track or the metaphores or any other lyrical tricks. 50% of it is because of the outcome- Big and Pac slain. And 50% is because no one went that hard or that personal before. Everyone was like Woah.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.