Today's Rap

2pac4prez2004 said:
Ok am making a comment:
hype and all over shit aside.....am buying the documentary
and not because of the hype, its coz am feeling the tracks...more liking the beats than lyrics but the lyrics are still 7/10....its a new spin on hip hop....he needs 2 leave g unit tho....and i gotta say this and i have always backed it...50's the worst hype project ive ever seen...get rich or die trying is weak IMO...spits a good verse on 'how we do' but i hate the majority of 50's work.....2 much hype there...
I agree on 50. I haven't heard too much from Game that I've liked. But I'll still give his album a shot.

Young Buck is by far the best member of G-Unit. I hate G-Unit as a group and I actually bought Buck's solo effort. I love it. Listen to it usually about once a day. Banks flows with some talent and is a good writer, but his beats put me to sleep. He needs to put some more passion in his voice too. I like about 5 or 6 of his singles, but not enough of his shit to buy his album. I also like most of Banks' guest appearances.

50, man...*sighs* The only good verses he's ever done IMO is his verse on Never Enough and the one on We All Die One Day. I like 50's verse on Never Enoughmore than Eminem's, even though it's half as long. On WADOD, it was ridiculous that 50 just repeated exactly what Eminem said on the first half of his verse, but the second half of 50's on that song was just straight fuckin' fire.

Those two verses of 50's, IMO, are the best I've ever heard him do and both were just straight fire. The rest of his shit, is just that, shit.

S. Fourteen

Sentenced said:
His point was that even back in the day in the "golden days" people were still making stupid as coments like "rap is dead....." etc.
^ yea... what that guy said

and "its ur problem" because you only listen to 4-5 artists and complain about the state of hip hop. I think some of the rappers you listen are good but they are not the best... so dont sit there and tell me about the 'state of todays hip hop' when you dont even listen to an artist outside the Aftermath family.

Go look for some other rappers.

Frank Grimes said:
then stop posting, or listen to some what i and others call 'real music
Rap music is real music.

And I like a lot of artists outside of the rap genre. Shit, you can't close your mind and only listen to one genre of music. I also listen to Nirvana, Bob Seger, Kid Rock, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jimmie Hendrix and shit like that. I just favor rap music. A lot of the time I would rather listen to a rap song I don't like too much than something else. But I don't close my mind off.

Anyway, I'm happy with the music collection I have. In regards to rap, I have pretty much a dead even mix of albums from artists both of today's era as well as the 88-96 era. It's just that most of my CD's of today's era's stars are Eminem, Obie Trice, D12, Young Buck, Method Man...

Frank Grimes said:
lol, your complaing about hip hop and you only listen to eminem, d12, g-unit and obie trice, for fuck sake, id be complaing how much rap music sucked if i only listened to them artists
You don't read too well, do you? Or is it that you don't comprehend the words you're reading too well?

I never said Shady/Aftermath artists are the only artists I like. Never said that once. I said that the aforementioned names you listed are the majority of the CURRENT ERA RAPPERS that I listen to. I also listen to Pac of course, Doggystyle, Warren G., Ice Cube, Method Man, Dr. Dre, etc..

And again, just because in only mentioned the names above STILL doesn't mean they're the only ones I listen to. I'm not going to make a list of every rapper I've ever liked or had a CD from.

And you may not like Shady/Aftermath, but I think they're pretty much the saviors of rap right now. Not the whole label, but I'd list: Dre, Eminem and D12, Obie Trice and Young Buck and to an extent, Lloyd Banks. Anyone I didn't mention, on Shady above, I don't like.

If it weren't for those acts, and a few more from other labels I wouldn't like any of the rap put out today. I don't like: Jay Z, Chingy, Nelly (though Country Grammar was pretty decent), St. Lunatics, Snoop Dogg, Lil Jon, The Eastside Boyz, Busta Rhymes, Ja Rule, Mase, Puffy, Fat Joe, Jadakiss (though "Time's Up" and "Welcome To D-Block" were stellar), Terror Squad, All of Wu-Tang except Meth.

Sentenced said:
His point was that even back in the day in the "golden days" people were still making stupid as coments like "rap is dead....." etc.
Well, I'm not hearing anyone say that. I'm hearing people say "niggaz don't know how to rap nowadays", "today's rap game is for shit, a bunch of fuckin' punks is puttin' out records" and the most common one is "man, rap's done lost it's soul, dudes just don't put emotion into their lyrics or songs anymore".

I agree with every statement above for the most part. I think rap started going down the hill with the death of Pac. Everyone watched Pac and Biggie get killed and they got scared and started becoming afraid of putting out any songs that would really get at someone. Again, there are a few exceptions, but that is the case I think for the most part.

saltynuts said:
^ yea... what that guy said

and "its ur problem" because you only listen to 4-5 artists and complain about the state of hip hop. I think some of the rappers you listen are good but they are not the best... so dont sit there and tell me about the 'state of todays hip hop' when you dont even listen to an artist outside the Aftermath family.

Go look for some other rappers.
*sigh* I don't only listen to 4-5 artists, how many fuckin' times do I have to say this? I listed the MAJORITY of artists that I listen to from TODAY'S ERA. Jesus Christ, learn to read man, seriously.

You see me typing Eminem and a few other names and that's all you see. You don't read nothing else I type.

As for "not listening to artists outside the AFtermath family", uh, I obviously have to have listened to the artists I don't like in order to know I don't like them, correct? I mean, you don't know how you feel about a product until you've tried it, right?

So, do you listen to things you don't like? I listen to an artist from today's generation, if I like it, I listen to them. If I don't like it, I'm not going to listen to it. So, while the MAJORITY of the artists I listen to from todays era are Aftermath people, that obviously means I've listened to and don't like the artists i haven't mentioned.

Not hard to figure out man.

jason_g_718 said:
Dude, stop stalking me and get a life, seriously.
I dont stalk you...i just comment on every dumb comment you make...

Ur tryna add sumthin to this convo which is cool but at the same time u make an ass out of urself...by saying...u only listen to you know who and you know what....

B4 u try to son ne 1 i suggest u take orders first damn...first thing u do is...u start checkin some other hiphop instead of makin the same ol bullshit comments ova and ova again..which will never prove u rite...ur not to be taken serious..dont u get it?! by saying u only listen to obie n eminem u cant make a strong point...ur a clown jason..and thats what im sayin to u...and if u dont like that.....psshh...i dunno what if but i can only say...that ur a clown..and u need ta start checkin some other hiphop if u wanna talk in a thread about todays rap which sucks yeah...sucks...<<<<

SHADY/AFTERMATH SUCK BIG FUCKIN DICK....<<<NOW GO COMMIT SUICIDE CUZ I JUST DISSED YA FAV LABELS....

BIATCH!! lol

lol@And again, just because in only mentioned the names above STILL doesn't mean they're the only ones I listen to. I'm not going to make a list of every rapper I've ever liked or had a CD from

but then he does name every artist he doesnt like...If it weren't for those acts, and a few more from other labels I wouldn't like any of the rap put out today. I don't like: Jay Z, Chingy, Nelly (though Country Grammar was pretty decent), St. Lunatics, Snoop Dogg, Lil Jon, The Eastside Boyz, Busta Rhymes, Ja Rule, Mase, Puffy, Fat Joe, Jadakiss (though "Time's Up" and "Welcome To D-Block" were stellar), Terror Squad, All of Wu-Tang except Meth..........

^^ clown....

''*sigh* I don't only listen to 4-5 artists, how many fuckin' times do I have to say this? I listed the MAJORITY of artists that I listen to from TODAY'S ERA. Jesus Christ, learn to read man, seriously.''

''And you may not like Shady/Aftermath, but I think they're pretty much the saviors of rap right now. Not the whole label, but I'd list: Dre, Eminem and D12, Obie Trice and Young Buck and to an extent, Lloyd Banks. Anyone I didn't mention, on Shady above, I don't like.''...

did i miss sumthin or did he just mention everybody ova at shadyrecords....?

''As for "not listening to artists outside the AFtermath family", uh, I obviously have to have listened to the artists I don't like in order to know I don't like them, correct? I mean, you don't know how you feel about a product until you've tried it, right?''

Sorry hate to use this one again Jason....U didnt check illmatic....PLEASE FEEL FREE TO QOUTE ME ON THIS ONE SO EVERYONE ELSE CAN SEE IT TOO...ADMIT IT PLEASE...PLEASE DO I MIGHT QOUTE MYSELF....

''Rap music is real music''

rite rap is real music but appearantly the type u listen to isnt real music...^.....

If had a billion dollars i could buy me the biggest hiphop icon too...and say im the realest label the illest meanest craziest nastiest fuckin incredible label ever....
Oh oh I know u get this one...hAha

so uhh to repeat myself again...jason no 1 takes u serious or at least I dont...cuz:

*-U didnt check Illmatic
*-U checked Big L cuz ya idol mentioned him on a song...
*-U do only listen to shady/aftermath( dont deny it)
*-U dont seem to be interested in other type of artists<<almost the same as the point b4...
*-U brag about how long u have been listenin to rap but yet ur the one who is talking shit in this one...^

So my post must be pretty big now maybe i can make it bigger hold up...

Yo! My offense is a mixture of Mike and Muhammad
Knock a nigga unconcious and talk shit
In bare-knuckle boxin', speed is the object
Weavin' and dodgin' with defensive blockin'
So in the ring, you cannot win
The top ten become nine dead if I ever decide to hop in
With the one-two, one-two shot to the chin
knock you out like ten shots of vodka and gin
The beautiful blend of power and strength
From the top of my head, down to where my toe cuticles end
I verbally burn a nigga,
Lyrically hurt a nigga,
Pull a voodoo verse on a nigga,
Kennedy curse a nigga,
Who can spit the words quicker than the average man?
Who can embarrass a man?
Bite you with fangs and mangle ya hands
On candid cam, the Canibus can
The Canibus can with the stamina to damage a man

Oh and u might wanna make a thread about me so you can get me banned

Jason G is the perfect example of how Shady/Aftermath are running the Mainstream Rap music bisness.

He's the poster boy for the typical acne faced, mad at his parents, white suburban male who after coming off the roller coaster of "rap rock fad" decided to stick with the genre and continue diggin in hip-hop.

He discovered Eminem through Kid Rock. After hearing the single for "The Real Slim Shady", Jason becomes convinced that rap is the music he exists for. He believes that his true indentity is embedded in this form of art. Rap had anger, and passion, and rebellion against the struggle that is his life, which is of course the everyday reality of high school.

After playing the "Marshall Mathers LP" to death, he decided to go out and dig even more in rap music. He bought the "Slim Shady LP" and to his own surprise was dissapointed, "but this is Eminem!!!" - he thought to himself. Distraut, and losing hope in rap music and his indentity as a hardcore rap music fan, he desperatly searched for more rap.

At that same time the Aftermath and Shady alliance was expanding. A rapper by the name of Curtis Jackson was signed, and began extensive training on his image. He was shot up full of steroids, ran 25 miles a day, and ate nothing, but carbs. In 6 months he became the human terminator. Equipped with a bullet-proof vest, and lyrics not bound by perfection, Curtis went out to conquer to known Rap World. Then it happened, out of nowhere the "Wanksta" bomb was dropped. But it was nothing compared to what was coming next. Curtis carved himself a very distinguished image, he called it 50 Cent.

After the 50 cent invasion, America saw nothing, but endless, brainless, fans succumbing to the power of the words uttered in the beginning of the cursed song. "In Da Club's" infectious 'Go Shorty, It's Your Birthday!..." trapped many youth's, the worst casualties were among teenage white suburban males. One of these young men was Jason. After begging his mom for $17.99, Jason goes out and purchases "Get Rich or Die Trying". Sitting in his mom's SUV, Jason pops in the CD in the player and is instantly blown away.

He was sold on Curtis. He thought to himself..."well, if 50 Cent can survive being shot 9 times, and rap this good, I know I can do it too. He screamed "fuck the world" - even though he didn't know the importance of these words...

Pt.2 coming soon, I'm going out to get more OxyContin.

The Almighty Nasquad said:
Jason G is the perfect example of how Shady/Aftermath are running the Mainstream Rap music bisness.

He's the poster boy for the typical acne faced, mad at his parents, white suburban male who after coming off the roller coaster of "rap rock fad" decided to stick with the genre and continue diggin in hip-hop.

He discovered Eminem through Kid Rock. After hearing the single for "The Real Slim Shady", Jason becomes convinced that rap is the music he exists for. He believes that his true indentity is embedded in this form of art. Rap had anger, and passion, and rebellion against the struggle that is his life, which is of course the everyday reality of high school.

After playing the "Marshall Mathers LP" to death, he decided to go out and dig even more in rap music. He bought the "Slim Shady LP" and to his own surprise was dissapointed, "but this is Eminem!!!" - he thought to himself. Distraut, and losing hope in rap music and his indentity as a hardcore rap music fan, he desperatly searched for more rap.

At that same time the Aftermath and Shady alliance was expanding. A rapper by the name of Curtis Jackson was signed, and began extensive training on his image. He was shot up full of steroids, ran 25 miles a day, and ate nothing, but carbs. In 6 months he became the human terminator. Equipped with a bullet-proof vest, and lyrics not bound by perfection, Curtis went out to conquer to known Rap World. Then it happened, out of nowhere the "Wanksta" bomb was dropped. But it was nothing compared to what was coming next. Curtis carved himself a very distinguished image, he called it 50 Cent.

After the 50 cent invasion, America saw nothing, but endless, brainless, fans succumbing to the power of the words uttered in the beginning of the cursed song. "In Da Club's" infectious 'Go Shorty, It's Your Birthday!..." trapped many youth's, the worst casualties were among teenage white suburban males. One of these young men was Jason. After begging his mom for $17.99, Jason goes out and purchases "Get Rich or Die Trying". Sitting in his mom's SUV, Jason pops in the CD in the player and is instantly blown away.

He was sold on Curtis. He thought to himself..."well, if 50 Cent can survive being shot 9 times, and rap this good, I know I can do it too. He screamed "fuck the world" - even though he didn't know the importance of these words...

LOL

Does everybody on this board think Jason G is pathetic or is it just Hurts, Almighty etc?

The Almighty Nasquad said:

This is seriously the funniest fucking shit I've ever heard.

You wanna know when I started listening to rap? Try "Jellyroll" by the Fat Boys.

Now, go on and keep making long posts and wasting your life by making judgements about people you don't know.

Hurts said:
I dont stalk you...i just comment on every dumb comment you make...

Ur tryna add sumthin to this convo which is cool but at the same time u make an ass out of urself...by saying...u only listen to you know who and you know what....

B4 u try to son ne 1 i suggest u take orders first damn...first thing u do is...u start checkin some other hiphop instead of makin the same ol bullshit comments ova and ova again..which will never prove u rite...ur not to be taken serious..dont u get it?! by saying u only listen to obie n eminem u cant make a strong point...ur a clown jason..and thats what im sayin to u...and if u dont like that.....psshh...i dunno what if but i can only say...that ur a clown..and u need ta start checkin some other hiphop if u wanna talk in a thread about todays rap which sucks yeah...sucks...<<<<

SHADY/AFTERMATH SUCK BIG FUCKIN DICK....<<<NOW GO COMMIT SUICIDE CUZ I JUST DISSED YA FAV LABELS....

BIATCH!! lol
How many times do I have to remind you that you are not going to sit on the computer and tell someone you don't know what they've listened to.

You wanna be on Nas's dick? Go for it. I don't like the guy, and I don't care...case closed.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
LOL

Does everybody on this board think Jason G is pathetic or is it just Hurts, Almighty etc?
It don't matter to me either way. It's the problem of these people not liking the music I like, so rather than having a life, they sit here and type up long as stories about a person they don't know.

Now THAT'S sad.

Also, i love how Nasquad emails me and tells me how great my rap CD is and then posts a message like that.

<sarcasm> You're cool, Nasquad, and hopefully one day, I can be on the computer typing up lame false stories about people I don't know because I don't have anything else in the world to do, then I will be just like you. </sarcasm>

Why wanna be like 50 when you can be like Nasquad?

jason_g_718 said:
How many times do I have to remind you that you are not going to sit on the computer and tell someone you don't know what they've listened to.

You wanna be on Nas's dick? Go for it. I don't like the guy, and I don't care...case closed.
Damn and ur tellin me...Im stalking you?...you digged up this thread and the 1st to quote is me...damn makes me think jason...my bad second...

Hurts said:
is magoo ghostwriting for you?
I write my own shit, thank you.

I have what they call "writing talent". Besides, if what you're doing ain't coming from your own mind, it ain't your heart and soul going into the work. Rappers who need ghostwriters shouldn't even be allowed to get in the game.

For example, I love Dr. Dre as a producer, I even love him as a rapper. But it really irritates me that the Godfather of Rap has people write for him.

If you'd like an MP3 of my single "Beefs" let me know, I'll have my manager email you a copy.

I'm currently discussing business with Rukas to have my shit featured on StreetHop.com. Rukas heard my shit and said he loved it.

jason_g_718 said:
I write my own shit, thank you.

I have what they call "writing talent". Besides, if what you're doing ain't coming from your own mind, it ain't your heart and soul going into the work. Rappers who need ghostwriters shouldn't even be allowed to get in the game.

For example, I love Dr. Dre as a producer, I even love him as a rapper. But it really irritates me that the Godfather of Rap has people write for him.

If you'd like an MP3 of my single "Beefs" let me know, I'll have my manager email you a copy.

I'm currently discussing business with Rukas to have my shit featured on StreetHop.com. Rukas heard my shit and said he loved it.
Lol ok man...good 4 u..nah i would diss rukas if i said so..so ima leave it with this..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.