Today's Rap

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
jason_g_718 said:
If it weren't for those acts, and a few more from other labels I wouldn't like any of the rap put out today. I don't like: Jay Z, Chingy, Nelly (though Country Grammar was pretty decent), St. Lunatics, Snoop Dogg, Lil Jon, The Eastside Boyz, Busta Rhymes, Ja Rule, Mase, Puffy, Fat Joe, Jadakiss (though "Time's Up" and "Welcome To D-Block" were stellar), Terror Squad, All of Wu-Tang except Meth.
Have you heard any Jayz albums?
Have you heard any other Wu tang members solo albums?

Theres alot of other acts then the ones u just mentioned I.e
Dead Prez
Canibus
Mf Doom
Immortal Tech
Bubba Sparxxx
Klashnekoff
Styles P
Fredro Starr
Sticky Fingaz
Bone Thugs

Try listning to artists who don't have Dr Dre producing for them, Or artists Eminem has not mentioned in his songs.

ThUg $TyLe said:

Dead Prez
Canibus
Mf Doom
Immortal Tech
Bubba Sparxxx
Klashnekoff
Styles P
Fredro Starr
Sticky Fingaz
Bone Thugs

Try listning to artists who don't have Dr Dre producing for them, Or artists Eminem has not mentioned in his songs.
Will I take it that you too believe that Jason G is pathetic?

If so, do you know if he has any friends on this board?

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Lol i dont think he has, hes made some idiotic statements in his time, in where i dont think many people take him seriously.

ThUg $TyLe said:

Dead Prez
Canibus
Mf Doom
Immortal Tech
Bubba Sparxxx
Klashnekoff
Styles P
Fredro Starr
Sticky Fingaz
Bone Thugs

Arrrggg...if I hadn't have heard Jay's albums, how would I know that I don't like him?

The only solo records from the Wu I've listened to is Meth. As I said previously in another thread I think I've alwasy preferred West Coast rap. I'm not to hot on East Coast. I just like the sound that the West has better.

I don't like any of the acts you listed above either, except for Bone Thugs. I have never heard Immortal Technique, Klashnekoff or MF Boom.

Bubba Sparxxx, I liked Ugly, but nothing else that he's done. When he put out Ugly I was actually pretty excited because I was liking his flow and style on that song. But the rest of it was trash to me.

I didn't give the complete list of rappers I don't like, just the ones that were off the top of my head.

Two other rappers I like that I just thought of are WC and Mack 10 as well.

Also, I don't "only like artists produced by Dre". I listen to to a lot of 80's artists, which obviously excluding NWA, those acts weren't produced by Dre. Cube isn't, Kurupt isn't, neither are Warren G., Mack 10, WC Royce, Redman, Method Man, Jermaine Dupri.

Like I said, I just have always preferred West Coast rap, and it just so happens that Dre has produced 80% of West Coast stuff in the past 15 years.

ThUg $TyLe said:
Lol i dont think he has, hes made some idiotic statements in his time, in where i dont think many people take him seriously.
That's ok, not concerned really. I think it was Bank Robber who once said "the majority of this board are a bunch of idiots".

So...

KosimO

On Probation: Please report break in guidelines to
Who cares just listen to what you like no one can change shit

The music thats on radio and TV is what most people like to hear today, most of these people don't know much about music all they care about is bangin beats and not a message of any sort.

KosimO said:
Who cares just listen to what you like no one can change shit

The music thats on radio and TV is what most people like to hear today, most of these people don't know much about music all they care about is bangin beats and not a message of any sort.
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Man, do I long for the days when Snoop was still cool and he and Warren and Pac and Tha Dogg Pound and Ice Cube were running the air waves. Oh...the days.

jason_g_718 said:
I agree on 50. I haven't heard too much from Game that I've liked. But I'll still give his album a shot.

Young Buck is by far the best member of G-Unit. I hate G-Unit as a group and I actually bought Buck's solo effort. I love it. Listen to it usually about once a day. Banks flows with some talent and is a good writer, but his beats put me to sleep. He needs to put some more passion in his voice too. I like about 5 or 6 of his singles, but not enough of his shit to buy his album. I also like most of Banks' guest appearances.

50, man...*sighs* The only good verses he's ever done IMO is his verse on Never Enough and the one on We All Die One Day. I like 50's verse on Never Enoughmore than Eminem's, even though it's half as long. On WADOD, it was ridiculous that 50 just repeated exactly what Eminem said on the first half of his verse, but the second half of 50's on that song was just straight fuckin' fire.

Those two verses of 50's, IMO, are the best I've ever heard him do and both were just straight fire. The rest of his shit, is just that, shit.
Listen to Power of the Dollar, specifically 'Da Repercussions'. Flow is sickkkkk. There was a reason every label was lining up to sign him and shady/aftermath gave him a mil up front

stillkilluminati said:
Listen to Power of the Dollar, specifically 'Da Repercussions'. Flow is sickkkkk. There was a reason every label was lining up to sign him and shady/aftermath gave him a mil up front
I've heard it is good. Though, many people say "How To Rob" was great too, and I have that on CD and I don't think it's great at all. Mediocre at best.

Maybe one day I will get Power of the Dollar. Either way though, he's not good anymore.

Hurts said:
u obviously cared dumbass you even quoted him and replied to it...
Wow, I replied to a post. That's one of the reasons I'm here. To share opinions and read opinions with other people.

I don't have to care about someone or care what they think of me to give my opinion. Do you?

I come here, state my opinion and read responses and see what others have to say. If you agree with me, cool, if not, that's fine too. But don't try to tell me or convince others that yours or anyone else's opinion is any more or less valid than mine. All of our opinions here are equal. Everyone has a right to speak, whether you like what they say or not.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Normally I would be joking, but you're continuously lambasted so much that it seems some people 'seriously' dislike you.
LOL, I would hope they wouldn't put that much effort into an internet life, know what I mean?

*laughing* I got a real life to worried about, with real friends and real women. I've seen some of the people that run these forums say that over half the people that visit here are completely uneducated fools. More than one moderator or whatever you want to call them.

The Almighty Nasquad said:
Remind me, when did I hear your single and said it was great?
Eh, about a week before the site was hacked.

This ring a bell?:

"To be honest, when I first saw you on here I didn't pay much attention to you. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. You seem to have a very complex style of writing and I just hope you can actually spit all the shit you write."

<sarcasm> Good to know that you liked it so much you even remember telling me what you thought about it. </sarcasm>

Do you often forget listening to songs you tell people you like?

jason_g_718 said:
Eh, about a week before the site was hacked.

This ring a bell?:

"To be honest, when I first saw you on here I didn't pay much attention to you. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. You seem to have a very complex style of writing and I just hope you can actually spit all the shit you write."

<sarcasm> Good to know that you liked it so much you even remember telling me what you thought about it. </sarcasm>

Do you often forget listening to songs you tell people you like?
lemme cover him yo...im pretty sure his account was hacked by tewpac^

Shot 21

The bottom line is that after Pac and Big departed, you scarcely see any deep rappers. The small list consists of Crooked I, Nas, and more I cant think of. There are some rappersthat CAN be deep: Ja Rule, Trick Daddy, Eminem. Im not saying I hate nowadays rap. I have a Ludacris album and two Nelly albums. But Id much prefer to listen to some Makaveli.

Shot 21 said:
The bottom line is that after Pac and Big departed, you scarcely see any deep rappers. The small list consists of Crooked I, Nas, and more I cant think of. There are some rappersthat CAN be deep: Ja Rule, Trick Daddy, Eminem. Im not saying I hate nowadays rap. I have a Ludacris album and two Nelly albums. But Id much prefer to listen to some Makaveli.
I agree, only I'd say the deep rappers that do exist are Eminem and Nas.

But yeah, rap started going downhill with the murders of Pac and Big.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.