Today's Rap

Today's rap is 90% hype and 10% music........................nobody today gives a shit about the quality of there music like they used to......

RaIIn said:
Today's rap is 90% hype and 10% music........................nobody today gives a shit about the quality of there music like they used to......
If you hate it so much then why do you spend a considerable chunk of your time on a hip hop board?

S. Fourteen

jason_g_718 said:
Like he said, just look at what's being put out.

You think Jadakiss, 50 Cent or Ja Rule woulda been able to make it when rap was at it's best 88-96?

Hell naw.
so what you'e saying is nobody gives a fuck about quality anymore? then why are some people bitching about 'wack shit'?

you been listeing to hip hop since the 80s right? then you should know that people were saying this kinda shit in the mid 90s too.

saltynuts said:
so what you'e saying is nobody gives a fuck about quality anymore? then why are some people bitching about 'wack shit'?

you been listeing to hip hop since the 80s right? then you should know that people were saying this kinda shit in the mid 90s too.
No, people who don't like rap have ALWAYS called it garbage. Like Dre said in an NWA interview in 88 "people been saying our music is just a fad, but a fad dont' last for 10 years and we gonna do 10 more".

I have never in my life heard rap fans bitch more about the quality of music being put out by rappers as much as they do today.

The only current artists I listen to are Eminem, Obie Trice, D12, Young Buck.

The rest of my CD's that are rap are 2pac, Warren G., Snoop (before he fell off) Ice Cube, Westside Connection (the first CD) and shit like that. 90% of the stuff I listen to today, was dropped circa 88-96.

S. Fourteen

jason_g_718 said:
No, people who don't like rap have ALWAYS called it garbage. Like Dre said in an NWA interview in 88 "people been saying our music is just a fad, but a fad dont' last for 10 years and we gonna do 10 more".

I have never in my life heard rap fans bitch more about the quality of music being put out by rappers as much as they do today.

The only current artists I listen to are Eminem, Obie Trice, D12, Young Buck.

The rest of my CD's that are rap are 2pac, Warren G., Snoop (before he fell off) Ice Cube, Westside Connection (the first CD) and shit like that. 90% of the stuff I listen to today, was dropped circa 88-96.
Jason, that is your problem right there.

Do some diggin on the net and you will find a reviews of All Eyez On Me from 96, some of them were saying that AEOM was cheaply put together in short amount of time and blah blah blah, the point is some people felt that Pac was all hype, all beef.... sounds familiar doesnt it?

Rosco said:
If you hate it so much then why do you spend a considerable chunk of your time on a hip hop board?
i never said I hated it, what; you can't read..........all i said was today's rap is more about image than music.................50 cent is a perfect example of this..........they spend more time bustin' out half assed tracks and puttin' em out on mixtapes than takin' some time to record a quality record........like Game and Ja Rule...........it's not even there music that's goin' to sell there albums it's all the hype and marketin' and advertisement........and who they beef with helps sell there shit too.........'cuz no matter where you r there's fans on both sides of whoever beefs..........it's just exploited.........

and the only reazon I spend anytime here is 'cuz I'm stuck at work bored for 8 hrs. a day (7 - 3:30)............otherwise, I wouldn't.........y'all visit my PORTLAND PRODUCER over at www.n8beats.com good prices and quality beats plus the best studio prices if ur in Portland................

newayz...todays rap what s todays rap....define todays rap...who are u talking about when u say todays rap?....

Dont tell me ur sayin immortal technique doesnt belong in this thread cuz he does...he got hyped up like whoa...ppl started diggin his album...almost a year after it was released...at least thats how i saw it on this board...So really sup?

If u think todays rap sucks..i suggest u keep checkin ughh.com once a week..or so whatever man..keep ur playlists updated...

Ok am making a comment:
hype and all over shit aside.....am buying the documentary
and not because of the hype, its coz am feeling the tracks...more liking the beats than lyrics but the lyrics are still 7/10....its a new spin on hip hop....he needs 2 leave g unit tho....and i gotta say this and i have always backed it...50's the worst hype project ive ever seen...get rich or die trying is weak IMO...spits a good verse on 'how we do' but i hate the majority of 50's work.....2 much hype there...

Hurts said:

newayz...todays rap what s todays rap....define todays rap...who are u talking about when u say todays rap?....

Dont tell me ur sayin immortal technique doesnt belong in this thread cuz he does...he got hyped up like whoa...ppl started diggin his album...almost a year after it was released...at least thats how i saw it on this board...So really sup?

If u think todays rap sucks..i suggest u keep checkin ughh.com once a week..or so whatever man..keep ur playlists updated...[/QUOTE]

current artists:
50 cent, eminem, g-unit, ja rule, neptunes, pharrell, snoop dogg's..........new shit that has come out since like 2000.......................thing with immortal though is he's spittin' REAL shit about REAL ISSUES wrong with today's society...........he ain't singin' bout fuckin' bitches in the club on 90 percent of his kutz......or not every fuckin' song is a club song....hmmm..hmmm....LIL JON

even tho it is kinda lame to say..if u dont like todays mainstream rap...go listen to underground rap...i will say it...cuz its prolly the best to ignore all the bullshit....
Check all the artists technique worked with check who they worked with...ya know jean grea etc....thats all nice hiphop trust....

thats 4 real the only advice i can give u...keep lookin out for new or old underground artists ya know artists u just dont know shit of..that should help...

Ok your walking down the block with ya hoodie sweater on/

And as your turning up the tunes what yagotta do is on/

I’m gonna elevate your mind this goes out from me to you/

Then ya start wondering about things yagotta do/

Ya wake up in the morning just to see sunshine/

Yagotta get yourself to work before ya run out of time/

Yagotta get them papers on the desk before deadlines/

And now the boss is sweatin you and now yagotta resign/

Yagotta watch ya every dollar every dollar ya spend/

Cuz when the landlady knocks ya cant pay ya rent/

Yagotta come out the mouth with some smart comment/

And then you find yourself empty living on pavement/

Yagotta turn off your lights when your bill is high/

Yagotta hide the numbers that you get your girls near by/

And then yagotta explain the numbers you displaying/

I had to throw that verse in yagotta know im playing/

Yagotta watch ya back cuz your boys are foul/

And when you’re in the work place yagotta courtesy smile/

Yagotta take care of self ya wife and child/

Or your gonna pay child support for long while/

Yagotta manifest all the beats and rhymes/

Cuz when yagotta get yours you know I gotta get mines yagotta

Verse 2.

Yagotta turn off your beats when your neighbors complain/

Yagotta watch ya tone yagotta keep ya temper contained/

Yagotta make the next payment before you run into debt/

Or then you catch bankrupt and you aint seen nothing yet/

Yagotta get ya life in order just occupy/

Yagotta catch the number 2 cuz it’s passing you by/

Yagotta put down the herb Yagotta be drug free /

Yagotta be intelligent cuz you just gotta be/

Yagotta twist ya locks when your new growth comes in/

And if ya don’t got the nap then ya don’t comprehend/

Yagotta be true to yourself and be true to your word/

Yagotta be the conscious one and conversate proverb/

Yagotta pay taxes that’s a dead giveaway/

And then yagotta get a job yagotta eat the next day/

Yagotta get yourself together and together yourself/

Yagotta understand the meaning of knowledge of self yagotta/

Verse 3

Yagotta understand all the rights and wrongs/

Yagotta look forward and yagotta move on/

Yagotta speed the tempo cuz ya verse is long/

And by the way I must hurry up and finish this song

Yagotta comprehend all these words in rhyme /

And if you don’t understand well then yagotta rewind/

I only spit the word because these words are true/

That these are the things that Yagotta do/

So in actual sense yagotta view the data/

And with the elements at hand everything is Yagotta/

Said everything’s yagotta everything’s yagotta/

Everything’s yagotta and everything’s yagotta/

this is what im talking about...this is the typa hiphop i love yo..ima keep saying it..

saltynuts said:
Jason, that is your problem right there.

Do some diggin on the net and you will find a reviews of All Eyez On Me from 96, some of them were saying that AEOM was cheaply put together in short amount of time and blah blah blah, the point is some people felt that Pac was all hype, all beef.... sounds familiar doesnt it?
Uh...how is that "my problem"?

I don't get what you're getting at.

I don't get how anything you said above has anything to do with the content of the post of mine in which you were replying to.

RaIIn said:
i never said I hated it, what; you can't read..........all i said was today's rap is more about image than music.................50 cent is a perfect example of this..........they spend more time bustin' out half assed tracks and puttin' em out on mixtapes than takin' some time to record a quality record........like Game and Ja Rule...........it's not even there music that's goin' to sell there albums it's all the hype and marketin' and advertisement........and who they beef with helps sell there shit too.........'cuz no matter where you r there's fans on both sides of whoever beefs..........it's just exploited.........

and the only reazon I spend anytime here is 'cuz I'm stuck at work bored for 8 hrs. a day (7 - 3:30)............otherwise, I wouldn't.........y'all visit my PORTLAND PRODUCER over at www.n8beats.com good prices and quality beats plus the best studio prices if ur in Portland................
Well put man. I completely agree. In my opinion, rap has been like that pretty much since Pac died. Rappers need to get back to that deep shit. That's why Pac is considered the greatest rapper ever, he did it all. He made diss songs, fuck, Pac I think is the King of diss songs. But, anyway, he put out diss songs, party songs, fuckin' songs, mellow songs, reflective songs...he did it all.

Hurts said:

If u think todays rap sucks..i suggest u keep checkin ughh.com once a week..or so whatever man..keep ur playlists updated...
Dude, stop stalking me and get a life, seriously.

jason_g_718 said:
Well put man. I completely agree. In my opinion, rap has been like that pretty much since Pac died. Rappers need to get back to that deep shit. That's why Pac is considered the greatest rapper ever, he did it all. He made diss songs, fuck, Pac I think is the King of diss songs. But, anyway, he put out diss songs, party songs, fuckin' songs, mellow songs, reflective songs...he did it all.
lol, your complaing about hip hop and you only listen to eminem, d12, g-unit and obie trice, for fuck sake, id be complaing how much rap music sucked if i only listened to them artists

Lok

jason_g_718 said:
Uh...how is that "my problem"?

I don't get what you're getting at.

I don't get how anything you said above has anything to do with the content of the post of mine in which you were replying to.
His point was that even back in the day in the "golden days" people were still making stupid as coments like "rap is dead....." etc.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.