three best lyricist in your opinion

choose three artist in the "MAINSTREAM" world that you think have the best lyrics and if you don't agree with the person who posted before you tell them why.

my three picks are...

1.)Lloyd Banks
2.)Jadakiss
3.)Cassidy

^
I think Nas is a good lyricist just not one of my favourites.

I think Lloyd Banks drops some hot lines from time to time but, like Jadakiss, I feel his punchlines overshadow any other lyrical ability he may have.

Eminem
Jay-Z
Andre 3000

kaij

eminem,
50 cent (get rich lyrics were good, i dunno about his upcomin album)
kanye west

and jay-z's lyrics are gay-z, i reckon he cant rap, the only good song ive heard lyrically would be money, cash, hoes wif dmx, he just sound like his talkin nonsense, it doesnt make sense and he has no meaning, or meaningful insight in his lyrics. i gotta give it to him for catchy chorus work, other then that his shit

<mocking> Look at all you fucking white boy crakaz rydin' Em's dick sayn he the best n stuff....i mean fuck...he's a fagot, Dre packin' Em's ass after the've got drunk n stuff 2gether..

outlaw thug life, westside, y'all some stans </mocking>

That's what I get everytime I say something good about Eminem, so I figured I'd return the favor to y'all. :D

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
^
Jason, sometimes, when people mock you for liking Eminem it's for doing what you've just done here. Mention Eminem & no-one else.

<sarcasm> Well, isn't Eminem like the only rapper that ever existed? I mean, all the rest are just wannabe's. Eminem like created the rap genre. </sarcasm>

Like I told Hurts, I talk about artists from Shady/Aftermath in general more because they're the only ones making headlines.

I mean, is it my fault that MOST of the current day artists I like (Young Buck, D12, Obie, Lloyd Banks) happen to be on Shady/Aftermath?

I mean, the only CURRENT artists I like outside Aftermath are Method and Red, Kurupt, and that's kinda it.

I mean, 80% of the rap game is full of shitty ass rappers who have NOTHING to say. When someone else starts making news that I like, I'll talk about them.

nas is incredibly, incredibly, incredibly overrated.

one classic, two good albums, and a bunch of ones ranging from terrible to average do not make you the best mainstream lyricist.

most of these mainstream guys are straight up trash on a lyrical scale...since Hov retired, the only mainstream artists that have really been straight up trashin the game are Sig and Jada...Nas comes in a distant third to these two.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.