This is my thread

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
Don't forget the homegrown guys: Pelfrey, Lastings Milledge, Josh Thole, etc. They're even worse.

I have been to Wrigley a couple of times though. Has to be the best place to watch a game. Then, being a tourist, I asked a stranger on the street, "Hey, how far is Cellular Field?" The reply: "Um, who cares?" National League city. Good stuff.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Don't forget the homegrown guys: Pelfrey, Lastings Milledge, Josh Thole, etc. They're even worse.

I have been to Wrigley a couple of times though. Has to be the best place to watch a game. Then, being a tourist, I asked a stranger on the street, "Hey, how far is Cellular Field?" The reply: "Um, who cares?" National League city. Good stuff.
Yeah, Sox fans are either hispanics or Irish. Or black. And middle class white folk comprise the rest.

A lot of Indians are Cubs fans. A ton of Polish people and blue-collar white guys.

I chose them on my own when I first got in to baseball in 98. I played Little League then too. And of course Sosa and McGwire's HR race had us all glued to the TV.

Prior to that, I was a Yankees fan because we lived in New Rochelle for a while. But my baseballs didn't drop until 98 and the Cubs.

John Maine had a decent year in 07. Then....

I hope the Cubs let go of everyone and just start from scratch with the youth. Money is getting them nowhere.

keco52

Staff member
I love when the cubs play in Cincinnati. The last time I went there were more cubs fans than reds in the stands and they still lost Bwahaha....loved it.

dilla

I refuse to believe that any self-respecting Polack is a baseball fan. Masta can back me up on that.
You'd be surprised. Shit is weird in the West. But in the Midwest, the Polish drive around with Cubs stickers on their cars and hats on their head.

Masta is Polish Polish. The guys I'm talking about are Polish Americans. Masta still wakes up, turns on the TV and sighs in relief that the news isn't in German. That ain't America.

masta247

Staff member
Yeah here people don't know or care much about baseball. Didn't know that America could change them that much. Poor guys, probably forgot how to kick a proper ball :-(

dilla

Yeah here people don't know or care much about baseball. Didn't know that America could change them that much. Poor guys, probably forgot how to kick a proper ball :-(
I would give up baseball if I could eat all the kiolbasa I could ever want. That doesn't mean man-dick. I mean the actual sausage.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
oh...because...they have the coins instead of small dollar bills. well, I'm a baller so I'd make it rain with 20s. But that's beside the point. No I'm not a baller so I wouldn't make it rain with 20s. But that's beside the point. I would just chuck coins at her but in a playful way, like to hit her thigh or booty. Obviously I'd try to hit her forehead but I would have to make it seem like an accident.

dilla

I got an acceptance letter for law school next year, one day before I leave for med school. What kind of tomfuckery is this?

Just had another friend earlier this summer getting ready to go to a local DO school. One day before he was about to move in, he got a spot in the city at UIC's MD program.

The law school I applied to half-assedly was where a good friend of mine from high school went to. We went to different undergrads and grew apart, but I just found out he started there as well. Turns out he's a few minutes away from me in OH right now, actually, and we haven't spoken since...sophomore year of college? Such an odd position to be in.

There used to be kids that used to fuck with our house one summer when I was in high school. It was one Asian kid that didn't like me that got a group of pot smokers that didn't know who I was to vandalize. When I saw him in school, I told him "I'll gut your gook mom like a fish." He told me he'd come back and my fuck our house up again. I told him I'd make sure his mom died of cancer. She died of cancer the other day. Six years later, but it still was a "WTF?!" moment. I haven't talked to him since sophomore year of high school, the summer after the vandalizing happened.

A lot of crazy shit happening recently. I would normally be emo on Facebook about it (actually, I never complain there, but..) but a lot of the people this concerns are friends with me or mutual friends with me on FB and I don't feel like complaining about it. I talked to five buds from Auburn on Google Hangout today and told them about it. They were more concerned if I'd be staying in touch in med school and what my room would look like and all. No help.

SOFI, you're a hopeless drunk. Does that fix problems like these? They might be first-world problems, but problems nonetheless.

ARon

I watched a friend throw pennies at a stripper once cus she took too many whatever pills she was on and fell off the stage and then got back up and kept it moving like nothing happened. it was very funny to see

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.