This is my thread

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member

MGK doing his best Eminem impression, content wise. Dope video concept. He had fans submit videos rapping along to the track and then he compiled clips of them.

Da_Funk

I can't even. Today I was told that I am an outstanding citizen, and my parents must have done something right. RIGHT. I'm out.
That was like the other night when someone told me I was a great person. It was like yeah, if you only knew. But hey, I'll let her think that all she wants. Ignorance is bliss right?

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
That was like the other night when someone told me I was a great person. It was like yeah, if you only knew. But hey, I'll let her think that all she wants. Ignorance is bliss right?
When I do rounds with my dad, all his patients see me and go "oh, you must be a saint just like your dad. Be as good of a doctor as he is one day."

When really, I'm sitting there going:

I masturbate to horrible things every night before I go to bed.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
For Pittsey:

http://www.reddit.com/r/breakingbad..._esposito_and_i_play_gus_on/c3funrg?context=3

Gus agrees with you. I agree with one of the commenters who says,
"This will probably get me downvoted to hell (SO BRAVE!) considering the reddit I'm on, but the writing for The Wire is just in a league of its own. It's entirely different from what BB has going on in the sense that it's so multi-layered, complex and just... huge. It's a study of an entire city, for chrissake! BB on the other hand has a much more familiar format of television.
However, I do believe it is the best written show that is currently airing."

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I liked the wire. Although it's been a few years since it stopped, so I haven't seen it for a while.

I don't think the depth of characters in The Wire compares to breaking Bad. I think the characters are deeper on BB. Also the character development is better. That's not a swype at The Wire, it would be very, very hard to do it on that level with all the characters they had. But The Wire had some very, very good writers. Denis Lehane, springs to mind.

Neither of them compare to Sopranos and the character traits and development shown on that show. I am convinced every writer on that show had a PHD in psych.

The end of The Wire was better than any other show I have seen though. It had closure without being overly dramatic, and didn't do anything out of character for the actors. Endings like on The Shield, are awful.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the reason I don't like comparing The Wire with Breaking Bad is that the shows are different in terms of purpose. The reason Breaking Bad has greater depth of characters is because it's framed that way and The Wire wasn't. The Wire was pretty much a read on a city's entire ecosystem (without the plants and stuff :) ).

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.