This is my thread

https://shinyayokota.blog/2023/07/07/how-ohtani-and-ichiro-eat/

Ichiro ate curry every day. Or the story goes that his wife would make it in bulk and store portions in the freezer for him to consume often. The contrast to conventional approach is what makes Ichiro a kami-sama. If eating curry everyday is good enough for Ichiro, it might be good enough for me. I bet he had really bad BO though.

---

I too eat whatever the fuck I want. Gluten? Yes please! Tonight it's fried chicken breasts, slaw, french fries and a side of new england clam chowder, yessir. Don't worry I lost 5 pounds in July.

TAILS

"Some people don't wanna live in houses. They wanna live like they used to."

HEADS

Roof Ninja! Cops. Tattoo laced flannel lesbian. Excess retail space. Insurance liability. So much bald eagles and mountain dew in this clip. I have a crush on the Roof Ninja now.

Also, I heard the DNC convention is all about Trump and how the orange man is bad and they have a mobile abortion clinic outside. So, yeah, feel free to cringe when we get a first black woman president. Something about fascists and bigots. Blah blah. La la la. A bunch of mofo on stage that went along with the demented grandpa!! LOL

Go makes some memes bitch. Free Palestine.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I wonder if Donnie boy regrets selecting couch-fucker as his VP, who was also his ex-hater a few years back.

He might have to call an audible soon and choose another VP.

I wonder if Donnie boy regrets selecting couch-fucker as his VP, who was also his ex-hater a few years back.

He might have to call an audible soon and choose another VP.
Nobody is voting for Vance. That much is clear. Whereas Walz can "help win the Midwest" because he wears flannel and camo hats. Harris ain't cutting it they admit. Funny how the Party of Chaos went from Clooney telling the geezer to step aside to Killary calling it "the most selfless act of patriotism" - the amount of delusions they spew makes them completely illegitimate. Behind all of it is Military Industrial Complex. All of it just leads to more genocide somewhere.

Gus looks like a real fucking goof.

I'm pretty sure Trump admin. would be stocked with wolves of Wall Street and Evangelical-Zionists. I'm not sure how those two mentioned above would fit in to that but I thought it was a correct for RFK to say "why have a platform when you have Trump to hate?" --- either way --- "most lethal military in the world". ;):eek:

dilla

Odd thing I learned a day or two ago is that Cherly Hines is married to RFK Jr. lol

I've been feeling really nostalgic for a few years now and missing the style of summer comedies I was used to seeing in high school. Comedies from the late-90s until about 2010, or so. Superbad was the summer I graduated high school and remains one of my favorite comedies. Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin, etc. Either the cast of the directors (Apatow, Judge, etc.). I was lamenting how comedies now are just different. Or I'm different now than I was 18+ years ago.

But Prime has 40 YO Virgin and I just put it on and felt like an itch had been scratched. I've seen it before, obviously, but it felt new this time around. And it felt funny, which is not something I can say about many comedies I've seen the past 10 years or so.

I'll rewatch the stuff I had on a mental list I made and then I need to watch The Interview and Sausage Party. I have managed to not see those somehow.

Seth Rogen gets shat on a lot. He's no Christian Bale or Leo or Brad Pitt, putting out iconic performance after iconic performance; but he certainly has a sense of humor I can appreciate. The same goes for his ensemble of friends he works with, like James Franco and Jonah Hill. And that one other Canadian guy that didn't get as big as the others but had his own show on FX. Jason something?

The number of movies I watch in a year, either streaming or in theaters, can be counted on one hand since 2018 or so. I missed it and I'm going to dedicate the next month or so to watch a movie or two a week, new or old. In an effort to find a new release that looks interesting and to scratch the itch of old comedies, I forgot I could just go back and watch the ones I enjoyed years ago.

i started King of Queens about two months ago. I had never seen the show, aside from bits and pieces on TBS after it was syndicated. I'm on season 6 and I wonder wtf happened to Kevin James and why he didn't take off like the other fat comedians. If I remember correctly, he just gets tossed in the background of an Adam Sandler movie once in a while, and that's it. It does get me my fix of Jerry Stiller, though. It's like he walked off the set of Seinfeld when it ended and reprised the same role on King of Queens.

"why have a platform when you have Trump to hate?"
I'm not sure who said that now. Maybe me. The point stands.

The important thing is to understand that both sides of the aisle is accomplice to a massive on-going crime. Anybody that has a inkling of disturbing that status quo can go ahead and fuck shit up because we as Americans are beyond lining up to vote. Democracy is too vague and voting doesn't help. Nope. This is a scientific observation that a child can understand. Lets not make it complicated. :)

i started King of Queens about two months ago.
I don't believe you. You have wayyy to much time on your hands like me. Get some sun is the advice I get. I say "it's cloudy bitch".

---

I just heard about the Young Sheldon spin-off with Georgie. They really milking it now.

King of Queens is good. Jerry Stiller is great in it.

Speaking of old shows... Rules of Engagement is good. It's kinda like a continuation of Puddy from Seinfeld.

Two and a Half Men. Two Broke Girls until they start the cup cake shop. It's like opposite of chicken pot pie. I love chicken, love pot, not so much with pie, more of a cake guy and I always have a cup on me. The point is don't mix cup and cake. Just have cake.

Last edited:

Jokerman

. Superbad was the summer I graduated high school and remains one of my favorite comedies. Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin, etc.
I liked all 3 of those. "Old School" is another earlier one from 2003, with Vince Vaughn. "We're the Millers" was hilarious. "The Nice Guys" not bad. Last few years, not many. "Good Boys" is all that comes to mind. Like Superbad but with younger kids.

I've been watching old Cops lately. Had no idea how hillbilly Ohio is. If you really wanna get old --- Bonanza, Hawaii 5-0, Little House on the Prairie.

Gotta ride to Mankato to get medicine for pa.

I watched the shit dubbed in Japanese. Every other Sunday my mom would get 2 liter coke and make homemade pizzas and that was our American night in Japan. hi hi hi

I liked all 3 of those. "Old School" is another earlier one from 2003, with Vince Vaughn. "We're the Millers" was hilarious. "The Nice Guys" not bad. Last few years, not many. "Good Boys" is all that comes to mind. Like Superbad but with younger kids.
RE: Too much time. You too.

DNC are fascists too. Get over it.

I'm actually tired of assholes treating Trump like he's a messenger of God. TOO.

Last edited:

dilla

Old School, for sure. I'm sure it's a thing every generation goes through when it comes to media. Music, movies, TV shows all seem to be the best from a certain era. There's plenty of talented actors making movies these days but as much as Will Ferrel annoys me sometimes, his movies are definitely classics.

You mention Vince Vaughn, and he's another one from that era that you know you were getting a quote-worthy movie. Same with Luke and Owen Wilson.

Good Boys really was Superbad with little kids. As funny as it was, it got uncomfortable that they had these preteens, at the oldest, saying some horrid, raunchy stuff. But it was good.

Neighbors is another Rogen movie I enjoyed.

Speaking of comics, wtf happened to Jerrod Carmichael? I know he came out about a year or two ago and that was actually a really good special where he did it. But I thought after having success with his stand ups the past 5+ years, he'd be in more movies now.

Jokerman

Jerrod has a reality show on Max now. For some reason it's called The Josh Carmichael Reality Show. First season is out, and so is he on it. All about his gay relationships. Nobody wants to see that ish. It's like watching Empire.

"No Hard Feelings" from 2023 was funny & good too. Jennifer Lawrence was amazing in it.

dilla

Jerrod has a reality show on Max now. For some reason it's called The Josh Carmichael Reality Show. First season is out, and so is he on it. All about his gay relationships. Nobody wants to see that ish. It's like watching Empire.

"No Hard Feelings" from 2023 was funny & good too. Jennifer Lawrence was amazing in it.

I'll give his new show a shot, at least. If it has his dry, sarcastic humor, I'm still down.

Ramy is a show someone put me on a few years back. I'm all caught up, waiting for his next season. Same with his creative partner who has his own show, Mo. Forgot his name but I'm sure it's Mohammad-something, hence the Mo name of the show. Those two were pretty good and relatable.

How about a "Mom" spin-off where the three generations of would-be-mothers keep getting abortions and struggle to deal with the guilt at support groups. I think the narrative would be empowering for the young American pregnant women and pregnant men who might be struggling with the hustle and bustle of unwanted conception.

Seinfeld spin-off with no Elaine. Just Jerry and George talking about gay sex. Kramer is a Nazi and Newman is Irish. Got "a hit" written all over it. Better than 90% of Amazon movies.

Black Bonanza. We'll still use Italian guys for Native America roles. Starting Liz Taylor as Little Left Foot. She goes in circles..

Twilight Zone but just interviewing Americans. Like the one I saw on the local news yesterday. It was 90 degrees and like 90% humidity. The moisture needs to go somewhere! So we got a bunch of rain dumped on which felt great but then my joy for the cool temps went to zero when I heard some dumb bitch talking to channel 9 calling the storm "PURE EVIL". WTF is wrong with these people? I bet the bitch is a Kamala supporter. Geez louise. It's pure fucking evil guys!! No state fair and no power for you! News people need to show more professionalism and stop broadcasting what morons have to say.

Those old black and white Twilight Zone reruns are heartwarming when I watch them today.

Last edited:

dilla

What the hell did Adidas do with the design of the Ultraboosts? I remember the first two versions were iconic. They were the ones Kanye had on when they were unveiled. Or maybe even before they were unveiled? And the the 2019s made them look like shoes retards wear. And every iteration after that looked like something geriatrics wear. Ruined the OG design so bad.

It's pretty hard to find shoes that I think look good these days. I was never a true sneakerhead that liked the looks of Jordans in 9 billion different colorways. Nike in general has kind of fallen off for me. I do like the looks of the Vapor Maxs, though

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.