This is my thread

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
I didn't go shopping today because I didn't want to spend Saturday in a packed supermarket, so I just ordered Domino's for dinner. They are bringing it to me. I'm tracking my order's progress on the website, transfixed. This is very exciting for an elderly person like me. I even got wings, y'all.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I didn't go shopping today because I didn't want to spend Saturday in a packed supermarket, so I just ordered Domino's for dinner. They are bringing it to me. I'm tracking my order's progress on the website, transfixed. This is very exciting for an elderly person like me. I even got wings, y'all.
We got a deal here...$30 for two larges, two orders of crazy bread and a 2L bottle of Coke. And delievered. Not bad considering that's 4-6 meals for me right there.

dilla

No, but I was debating dropping out of school and becoming a shrimp fisherman at one point. Those were dark days.

Casey

Staff member
haha I got it from my friends. apparently it's from the grown ups movie. i've never seen it.
Grown Ups is one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life. No joke. And I've seen some seriously terrible movies. And I like Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade and Rob Schneider. These are all people I like and would watch in most movies. And it has Salma Hayek in, and she's hot.

It was like, I kept waiting for the jokes to start. And they never did. It doesn't take much to amuse me and I still did not laugh during this movie. I honestly like the random ass American Pie spinoff films with Stifler's little brother and no original cast member except Jim's dad and the Sherminator better than this piece of shit Grown Ups movie.

And apparently it's the biggest grossing Sandler movie ever and made enough money that they're doing a sequel.

*facepalm*

dilla

What? I have never heard anyone I know suggest that movie. Rotten Tomatoes gave it shit reviews, and yes, I base a lot of my future movie-watching choices off of RT. But there are some movies I enjoyed and then later saw then rated poorly on RT and disagree with them. I doubt Grown Ups will be another exception.

For a second I got this movie confused with Role Models. Not sure why. That movie was decent.

Just saw Horrible Bosses, The Changeup, and Hall Pass within the past week. I liked Jason Bateman in Arrested Development. He hasn't made the transition to the big screen very well. Kinda like Michael Cera. Or anyone from the show.

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
Just saw Horrible Bosses, The Changeup, and Hall Pass within the past week. I liked Jason Bateman in Arrested Development. He hasn't made the transition to the big screen very well. Kinda like Michael Cera. Or anyone from the show.
It's hard to see Bateman on the screen and not think, hey, there's Michael Bluth, doing something away from the family for a while.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Kinda like Michael Cera. Or anyone from the show.
Michael Cera has done very well on the big screen.

Superbad
Youth in Revolt
Juno
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Superbad, Juno, and Scott Pilgrim have been pretty good movies. Others I liked but I can see how some wouldn't. I'm not sure about the money the films made. I know Scott Pilgrim was a box office failure but that's mostly due to poor marketing decisions.

dilla

It's hard to see Bateman on the screen and not think, hey, there's Michael Bluth, doing something away from the family for a while.
Yeah. Kinda like seeing Will Ferrell in a serious movie or Steve Carrel not play some hopeless, forever alone. What about the new Matt Damon movie where he buys the zoo or something? It's rated "PG." How do you not have images of Jason Bourne in three movies, The Departed, Invictus, etc.? It's hard.

It's a lose-lose situation. Some hate Ferrell and Carrel for only doing comedy, but we can't accept someone like Matt Damon doing something that isn't a thriller/action movie. I mention Michael Cera because he always plays this shy guy that lacks confidence to talk to a girl. The situations aren't bad, we all find ourselves in similar situations. But it's just that every movie that has that situation, it seems, has Michael Cera being a schmuck.

That doesn't mean his movies aren't good. I think his roles need a change of attitude.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I saw Bateman in shows from before AD. So he isn't typecast for me. And Cena basically plays the AD character in every film, so he is who he is.

Teen Wolf Too, anyone?

Also... I had a mad crush on his sister in Family Ties.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.