This is my thread

ARon

I've always liked that song, thanks for bringing it back. New El P album is similar, but most things from that camp sound like that a bit, but none of it sounds the same lol.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
So I have a dual-screen set up now for my computer since I got this flat screen in my room now back on the island. And it is sick. I just a sports streaming site to watch the Bulls game on my TV and was just reading other stuff on ESPN on my laptop screen. It was a real sick set up and I regret not doing it earlier. It also let me mute the game on my TV and watch some of my TV shows on my laptop and occasionally glancing at the score on the TV.

But the real reason I brought my miniDisplay-HDMI cable was to watch lecture videos on the big screen and still have my laptop screen free to go look up something I am unsure of. So after the initial tests, it appears as if this set up will work wonderfully. I'm excited.

ARon

So I have a dual-screen set up now for my computer since I got this flat screen in my room now back on the island. And it is sick. I just a sports streaming site to watch the Bulls game on my TV and was just reading other stuff on ESPN on my laptop screen. It was a real sick set up and I regret not doing it earlier. It also let me mute the game on my TV and watch some of my TV shows on my laptop and occasionally glancing at the score on the TV.

But the real reason I brought my miniDisplay-HDMI cable was to watch lecture videos on the big screen and still have my laptop screen free to go look up something I am unsure of. So after the initial tests, it appears as if this set up will work wonderfully. I'm excited.
Dual screen is the best

dilla

Dual screen is the best

Yeah, it's a ton of fun. I never had an opinion on it because I had never tried it. There's so much potential with this. And considering the cable TV is shit on the island, I just use stream sites to stream much better quality channels for ESPN. I watched all the NBA playoff games that way. Gonna try the HBO stream tonight and see how good that is. If not, I'll just download Veep an hour later then. I love that show.

dilla

I just listened carefully to the lyrics of "Clouds" by Ricky Ross and Pusha and realize Pusha mentions the Alpina B7. Damn. I should've known when I was back home so I could've listened to the song while driving it.

The past few years I've really realized how lucky I am/was. I got this kid that's a friend of mine. Good guy, but he gets butt hurt real easy. He'll start a discussion on cars and when he found out what my parents have, it was on from then. How expensive BMWs and Lexuses are, how an STi can do what my 535i does for cheaper. Features my car has, etc. I never act arrogant, like remind him all of our cars would beat the shit out of the Corollas and Camry(ies?) and Subaru Forester his parents have, but he still gets butt hurt and says some real ignorant, jealousy-fueled shit. I always walk away pissed.

And it isn't just cars. It's sports teams too. His city lost its NBA team (you can guess where he's from), his university never won any championships in football (which is all that matters, really), and his NFL team has lost in the Super Bowl and never won it. It made me realize my city is doing fan-fucking-tastic in sports. Well, maybe not the Cubs, but... Still, he gets butt-hurt over that too.

I know it's a weird thing to be thankful and grateful for, cars and sports of your city, but man it must suck having an inferiority complex like that. I can appreciate that kids at my school drive Maseratis back home and come from even more money that me (oil tycoons in Saudi, or bankers in the UAE, for example), but I never get butt-hurt. I'm at that point where I should be earning my own and so I can't be claiming these things as mine, so that's what I'm working for now.

But this guy...man... He's a friend, but this really puts a damper on what we can discuss.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I just listened carefully to the lyrics of "Clouds" by Ricky Ross and Pusha and realize Pusha mentions the Alpina B7. Damn. I should've known when I was back home so I could've listened to the song while driving it.

The past few years I've really realized how lucky I am/was. I got this kid that's a friend of mine. Good guy, but he gets butt hurt real easy. He'll start a discussion on cars and when he found out what my parents have, it was on from then. How expensive BMWs and Lexuses are, how an STi can do what my 535i does for cheaper. Features my car has, etc. I never act arrogant, like remind him all of our cars would beat the shit out of the Corollas and Camry(ies?) and Subaru Forester his parents have, but he still gets butt hurt and says some real ignorant, jealousy-fueled shit. I always walk away pissed.

And it isn't just cars. It's sports teams too. His city lost its NBA team (you can guess where he's from), his university never won any championships in football (which is all that matters, really), and his NFL team has lost in the Super Bowl and never won it. It made me realize my city is doing fan-fucking-tastic in sports. Well, maybe not the Cubs, but... Still, he gets butt-hurt over that too.

I know it's a weird thing to be thankful and grateful for, cars and sports of your city, but man it must suck having an inferiority complex like that. I can appreciate that kids at my school drive Maseratis back home and come from even more money that me (oil tycoons in Saudi, or bankers in the UAE, for example), but I never get butt-hurt. I'm at that point where I should be earning my own and so I can't be claiming these things as mine, so that's what I'm working for now.

But this guy...man... He's a friend, but this really puts a damper on what we can discuss.
lol what does he say?

dilla

lol what does he say?
Just dumb stupid shit. I don't think I ever have to craft my sentences so carefully around someone so as not to give him ammo or reason to get butt hurt. Even if we talk sports stats/history or car specs from shit we see on Top Gear, he will always make a point to try and counter what I say.

"I think the new 3 series looks great. The performance is pretty sick too."

"Yeah, but it's so expensive. And the fuel economy is crap. You know what's got a real smooth ride? Our Camry."

As if people buy sports cars for fuel efficiency and because they're on a tight budget. Just dumb shit like that. His college football team is shit. Consistently. He went to UW, like you. But he'll constantly talk shit about the SEC, or more often, how his school signed a three-star (out of five) recruit and how he's a game changer. I mean I can listen to it once or twice, but he gets butt hurt when I mention Auburn getting a few top recruits. He glorifies a 6 or 7 win season for his team. And it's annoying. It gets worse with other people. We have other people in our class that went to respective football program schools like Ohio State or Oklahoma, and he'll start talking shit again. Like, really? After we have a Heisman winner and a National Championship, you're still talking shit? The other guys can carry a conversation and point out weak points on my team. Like I said, they have storied programs of their own. So there's no tiny-dick syndrome. But with this guy and the Seahawks and UW football and the lack of the Sonics, he's just miserable. But then there's nothing else to talk about. He's trying to get me to watch The Amazing Race and called Californication a "show about a dude fucking an underage girl."

I just gotta finish this semester and get off this coon island. I can't wait until August.

Oh, I must add, he is very money oriented. He will try to win arguments by throwing how much a stadium costs, the TV rights to a team, etc. Shit that really shouldn't matter to a fan. He isn't poor, by any means. I don't know if his parents have money stashed away in India or some shit, but he's really in to the cost of things. There's student frugality. And then there's trying to say the best things are the cheapest things in an argument about something like car performance or electronics performance.

I dunno. Fuck it. I'm sure there are many people like this. He is just the first that's a one-stop shop for butt hurt and arguing semantics.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.