Things in Hip Hop You Dislike

killahill187um said:
p.diddys face
:thumb:

Lemme add to that killa, Making The Band 2 (Da Band), and this sorry excuse for a reality TV show Puffy has going on again, MTB 3.

I will say though, in regards to Da Band...I felt sorry for three people in that situation. Ness, Freddrick and Babs. Cuz I thought all three of them had hella flow and great fucking voices.

5. Pac & BIG being mentioned continuosly by rappers that werent around when they were or never even met them or would have met them. (*GAME, EMINEM, 50*)
You know Razor, you and I usually get along but what's up with this shit? It's ok for Ja to do shit like that but not Shady? And in regards to the top of your list...Eminem is the best thing going in rap right now...

7. Rap/Rock callbos (Jay-Z/Linkin Park type shit)
See, if it's done right, I'm all for this shit. For example, the "The Way I Am" Remix that Eminem did and he had Marilyn Manson produce it...their remix was better than the OG.

9. "Old folks" knowing the names of people like P. Diddy, Nelly, Eminem, 50 Cent who are trash instead of people like Jadakiss, Talib Kweli, Kanye West, Mos Def, who actually have a message behind their music and have something positive/influential to say besides "im in the club and ill shoot you" etc.
People blast me in here for being a "staunch Em supporter" who will "defend him against anyone". Which actually isn't the truth because he's done a lot that I wasn't happy with, but dude, to say Eminem is "trash" and has no mesages in his music is fucking ridiculous and a plain out fucking lie.

Sing For The Moment, Lose It, White America, Till I Collapse, Cleaning Out My Closet, Kill You, Mockingbird, Yellow Brick Road, We As Americans, Soldier, The Way I Am. Those are just some that have deep meanings and messages.

But, it is obvious by your post that you are as biased against Eminem as people claim I am for him.

10. White rappers (besides Alchemist)...sorry, they all talk about the same bullshit.
[/QUOTE]

Well, it's good to know that you're racist, now. I'm glad you think I'm a bad part of rap music, since I'm an underground emcee on the Detroit circuit.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
The fact that you can make songs where you just yell out a couple of words and it hits #1 all over the place and gets radioplay everywhere.. Yes, I'm talking about that God awful crunk...

Lyrics to a crunk song:

'SIT..DOWN...MOTHER...FUCKER...

SIT... DOWN...MOTHER...FUCKER...

WHAT...WHAT... WHO... WHERE...

SUCK...MY..DICK...BITCH...

WHAT... WHAT.... WHO... WHERE...

There you go. An instant southern crunk classic.

Give me my royalties bitch.

FlipMo said:
The fact that you can make songs where you just yell out a couple of words and it hits #1 all over the place and gets radioplay everywhere.. Yes, I'm talking about that God awful crunk...

Lyrics to a crunk song:

'SIT..DOWN...MOTHER...FUCKER...

SIT... DOWN...MOTHER...FUCKER...

WHAT...WHAT... WHO... WHERE...

SUCK...MY..DICK...BITCH...

WHAT... WHAT.... WHO... WHERE...

There you go. An instant southern crunk classic.

Give me my royalties bitch.
Sad but true....so incredibly sad and true.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
yo man fuck all people talking down on the south.Half yall motherfukkaz here aint even real hiphop heads or just ignorant ones.The south has been runnibg this rap shit 4 a few years now and if you think its just all crunk then what i said in the second sentence applys to you.

Songs that involve the words "club, gangsta, gun, bitch, ice, ho, bling, dough, rims, spinner, hood, glock, etc"
Southern shall I call it rap?
2pac fans hating biggie just because 2pac didn't get along with him, same goes for the other artist pac didn't like
Like some people already mentioned, the retarded DJs that yell throughout songs
Beef in general

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
VENOMOUS said:
yo man fuck all people talking down on the south.Half yall motherfukkaz here aint even real hiphop heads or just ignorant ones.The south has been runnibg this rap shit 4 a few years now and if you think its just all crunk then what i said in the second sentence applys to you.
I'm not talking down on all southern rap. I'm just talking down the crunk garbage.

I actually like a good number of southern rappers. It's just that crunk garbage seems to get all the attention for being the 'Southern's greatest' which is BS imo.

S. Fourteen

akae47 said:
Songs that involve the words "club, gangsta, gun, bitch, ice, ho, bling, dough, rims, spinner, hood, glock, etc"
Southern shall I call it rap?
2pac fans hating biggie just because 2pac didn't get along with him, same goes for the other artist pac didn't like
Like some people already mentioned, the retarded DJs that yell throughout songs
Beef in general
So many shit in here... I'll just pick on akae

shouldn't the song's worth be based the beat/wordplay/content/flow? I never say "oh fuck, Pac just said Love, wack, a bitch song!"

Southern Rap, yes, you may call it that. What's so bad about it? Why is the south any different than the rest? I'll just name some southern artists I like to listen to: Scarface, Ludacris, Trick Daddy, T.I., 8Ball and MJG.......... great shit man.

What about huggin the nuts of every artist that Pac liked?

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
^^^ Exactly. 8Ball, T.I, Soulja Slim, Trick, Scarface and Pitbull are all great south Mcs..

Just, please, get rid of Ying Yang Twins... lol

saltynuts said:
So many shit in here... I'll just pick on akae

shouldn't the song's worth be based the beat/wordplay/content/flow? I never say "oh fuck, Pac just said Love, wack, a bitch song!"

Southern Rap, yes, you may call it that. What's so bad about it? Why is the south any different than the rest? I'll just name some southern artists I like to listen to: Scarface, Ludacris, Trick Daddy, T.I., 8Ball and MJG.......... great shit man.

What about huggin the nuts of every artist that Pac liked?
Thanks for picking me :)
I shoulda clarified that I meant southern crunk rap is the one i dislike. I also enjoy listening to the artist you mentioned above. I shoulda also clarified that I don't dislike every song that mentions one of those words, but majority of those in one song, you know what kind of artists I mean...50, Young Buck and the whole G-Unit in general. I just said that people shouldn't hate pac's so called enemies, I don't really care about whether they like his homies or not

VENOMOUS said:
I hate most Southern rap. FlipMo, you hit it right on the nail.

VENOMOUS said:
But if there was no r and b there wouldnt be no hiphop they go both go hand in hand.
how you figure that??

rap originated from people rhymin over DJ loops -mostly from rock songs...not RnB.

besides, modern day RnB barely even reflects what real Rythm and Blues used to be.

i hate the fact that the only rappers that sell records are the commercial once and the real mc's that have something to talk about never sell records and get as famous

I hate how when you go to a popular store like best buy it's impossible to find music that wasnt created a few weeks ago, I have to order old classics n e more

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online