Things in Hip Hop You Dislike

HellRazor05 said:
im sayin, i dont really like Kanye West as far as it comes to rapping but he does talk about other more positive things besides guns, women, jewelry and rims. bein a college drop out aint necessarily a bad thing, he showed how he could make it in this world without goin to college. good for him
Yeah, I agree with the fact that he does talk about more positive things that most but I just think that his badmouthing education balances that out.

And not everyone will be as lucky/talented as Kanye.

It's kind of like if Shaq were to tell black people that 'nine to five' work is bullshit & a waste of time.

Ant

How is Kanye wast saying that the education system is shit negative message? It's not exactly without it's flaws is it? Exposing the problm is part of solving it. ;)

2 Radio stations who play the same shit all day, theres too much new shit to play the same (shitty) song 50 times a day.

4 Club songs. there ok at parties and clubs but when you hear em in cd players, cars, and all other shit it gets borin and fuckin annoyin.[/QUOTE]

My point exactly....... Thats promotion from record labels proomoting certain artists as a pop item, neglecting the true art form of hip hop, and passin off that as hip hop, and then claiming true hip hop is rap.

I know this has been debated hudred of times, in my opinion ther eis a huge difference between hip hop and rap. Hip hop is a culture, rap is a type of style in a song.

The fact that nowdays it is very rare to listen to an Album without hearing at least one ear shattering beat.
The fact that good Artist's can never be bothered to come to Australia, and if they do, it is an over 18 show.
If I want to buy a classic Album, I have to order it.
The West Coast underground keeps bringing out good music but isn't getting recognised.
Death Row choked on its own saliva long ago, yet site Admins and groupies keep puppeting a corpse.
Artists that are too lazy to keep their name buzzing.

I never said that education systems were without flaws but to your average person education is a big opportunity to better yourself & to disregard it is just arrogant & reckless.

today's beats are pretty shit. Especially the ones from the south. No beat today can compare to the beats from 1993-1996. PERIOD.

PEACE OUT

^yeah i believe that too cuz beats now over power the vocals and shit, and crunk beats seem hard for artists to rap medium speed. you gottta rap either really slow or really fast.

2Pax said:
When songs get to number one just because the beat is good.
Because the beat is good?

Never heard one person say "that's the best song out cuz the beat is just awesome".

Now...it's a different story when songs get to number one just based on who the artist is. *COU50CENTGH*

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I hate the fact that there are people who actually think that song is new.
I'm not sure which song y'all are talking about because I know a lot of Ice Cube songs that are played like they just came out yesterday.

However, if you're talking about "Put Your Back Into It" ft. Ms. Toi (bomb ass club shit BTW), I know what you mean. I have a friend in Boston who emailed me about two weeks ago saying "have you heard that new Ice Cube song with Lil Kim? Something about putting your back into it?".

LOL, so not only did he think the song was new, but he thought Ms. Toi was Lil Kim.

On a sidebar note: I was on a website the other day, can't for the life of me remember what it was. It was a site promoting some huge battle in Las Vegas in June on PPV. Advertising the battle as "8 of the most talented up and comers". One of the people battling in this event is Ms. Toi. She had a 16 bar verse that she ripped and God damn...that girl got skill. She was 10 times the flow Lil Kim got.

jason_g_718 said:
Because the beat is good?

Never heard one person say "that's the best song out cuz the beat is just awesome".

Now...it's a different story when songs get to number one just based on who the artist is. *COU50CENTGH*

lol

saltynuts said:
Do you ever hear a person say "Gee I love Right Thurr because Chingy's lyrics are amazing"?
Well, first of all, nobody I know would be caught dead listening to "Right Thurr".

But anyway, people I know don't say "dude, I love In Da Club, the beat is off the chain". They just say "dude, this is a hot song". Most people I know say they like a rap song when they're in the club beacuse they like the way their bitch dances to it.

Things in Hip Hop I dislike:

1. People always having to give props in some way shape or form to 2pac in a song because they think it's going to widen their fan base. The only people who are gonna buy your album cuz you said Pac's name are 14 year olds who were just barely talking when Pac was killed.

2. Creating fake beef to sell records.

3. CONSTANTLY talking about how many cars you have, how much ice you have and how many bitches you fuck. It's ok to have a song here and there about that shit, but every song or every other song is ridiculous.

4. Artists who make a 21 song album and 2 songs have replay value.

5. Rappers who don't even actually flow, rather pretty much talk over the beat. Examples of what I mean:
The Game on "Don't Need Your Love"
50 Cent on "Spend Some Time"
Obie Trice on "The Set Up"

6. People who think Kanye West is some kind of new rap God. Dude makes nice beats, but as a rapper is the third most overrated in the game (behind Game @ #1 and Jada @ #2) and his voice is fucking TERRIBLE. Dude seriously sounds like a homosexual to me and I'm not joking, I'm not trying to make fun of him. I'm serious...dude sounds homosexual to me.

7. Lack of decent albums coming out. In the past 3 years I've bought 25 NEW CD's and the only ones I kept were Straight Outta Cashville (Young Buck), Cheers (Obie Trice), D12 World, Encore, The Eminem Show, Rakim And Eric B., Loyal To The Game, Better Dayz

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online