Things in Hip Hop You Dislike

We all have things that are annoying. Here's my list:

1. DJs that yell in the middle of a song. In fact, they yell through out a song.

2. The fact that 50 Cent rapped about Ja Rule on a Tupac track (i.e. Realest Killaz). The song belongs to a dead man, and he had the nerve to rap about personal beefs. Do that somewhere else. I wouldn't have had a problem if Tupac was alive and told him its okay, but that's not the case.

3. Pac in some tracks yells, and that puts me off. Take Deadly Combination, for example. He starts out great, but starts to yell which makes him unclear.

Post up yours.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I hate the fact that that Ice Cube song still gets played in clubs in the UK and on all the music channels. The one from Next Friday.
I liked it, but about 8 years ago. And I know In Da Club is gonna go the same way.
Don't get me wrong I like it when they put on a classic song when I'm in a club, but I can't tune in to any tv channel, any radio station, or go to any club without hearing that song.

1. I hate when I find out what car a rapper drives
2. I don't like when I find out he wears a rolex
3. I don't appreciate when a rapper finds it necessary to tell me how big him bank account is

And other things along those lines.

1. i hate NEW mainstream fans, u know theres something wrong when u ask some1 what they listenin to and they say ludacris, and when u tell em u listenin to pac, their reply is "You listen to RnB?!!??"

2. I hate ppl that claimed to be crips 2 years ago, and now that Game dropped his cd, u dont see em wearing anything but black and red.

3. I hate hearing the same song everytime the radio is playing (hiphops got so much more diversity than, Ludacris, G-Unit, and Lil Jon)

4. Let the mainstream ppl release their wack ass music, but i hate how they THINK they are the best lyricists out there

5. I hate how 50 is making millions with his meaningless lyrics but when talib, the roots or common drops a cd it doesnt really do much (although they get radio play)

don't know if this is as true in the us as the uk, but i hate the way that bar if you listen to westwood (which is as wack/wank as any other radio show) you don't hear hip hop at all. To be able o hear kweli or the roots on the radio would make my day. All you hear is rnb, eminem affiliated songs (50, d12, or em- not g-unit/obie) Or anything rnb'y associated with lil jon or nelly. Its fucking gay. Thats why i think its wrong to say that hip hop has become accepted mainstream media. IF YOU LISTEN IT REALLY HAS NOT. Some artists have been adopted by there labels and been branded by radio stations to represent hip hop music. I hope peope are understannding what i am saying.

I could guarantee that were albums like lIttle Brother, Masta Ace, Blackstar played on the radio, they would be big sellers. However, companies such as BMG, Universal, Interscope etc pay for certain artists and songs to get played so that they get that extra promotion, and are drilled into the uneducated morons that listen to the radio and believe that that is the best cos the dj said so.

This is fact. Today i heard a radio 1 dj describe ll cool j as a hip hop legend, who creates great music today. His music today is balls, his music in the past made him legendary. How you can describe hush as a legendary piece of music is beyond me, any dj at that level should be able to acknowledge that ll fell of years ago.

roaches

1. Modern mixtapes don't involve mixing.
2. East coast performers don't support the east coast sound. Beanie Sigel's album is great, and so is the single, but why is the first voice I hear on the record Snoop Dogg's?
3. Why do the late '90s underground heroes who semi-blew up (Black Star, Common, Monch) have less enthusiasm for hip-hop than Peedi Crakk and Lil' Wayne?
4. The album format isn't being maximized.

Too many guest appearences on albums.
Emcees not using 1 or 2 producers for albums anymore. Now its always the usual suspects (Kanye, Alchemist, Timbaland, Just Blaze etc.)

Thats it.

1.People that say eazy e was the best in NWA when it was cleary ice cube
2.Rappers that constantly talk about the "hood" when they dont live there
3.Rappers that keep making songs about girls
4.Rappers that try to prove there street cred by starting shit eg C Murder
5.Rap fans that say "free" such and such when that person actually deserves to be in jail

HellRazor05 said:
1. Loyal To The Game
2. Marshall Mathers
3. Curtis Wackson
4. DJ's yelling in the background (had to agree)
5. Pac & BIG being mentioned continuosly by rappers that werent around when they were or never even met them or would have met them. (*GAME, EMINEM, 50*)
6. "Garbage music sellin' a lot." -Styles P
7. Rap/Rock callbos (Jay-Z/Linkin Park type shit)
8. DMX being "retired"
9. "Old folks" knowing the names of people like P. Diddy, Nelly, Eminem, 50 Cent who are trash instead of people like Jadakiss, Talib Kweli, Kanye West, Mos Def, who actually have a message behind their music and have something positive/influential to say besides "im in the club and ill shoot you" etc.
10. White rappers (besides Alchemist)...sorry, they all talk about the same bullshit.
im agree with alll that

1 G Unit, they just a virus in the rap game. Killin it and themselves slowly.

2 Radio stations who play the same shit all day, theres too much new shit to play the same (shitty) song 50 times a day.

3 The best rappers die and no one knows who killed em.

4 Club songs. there ok at parties and clubs but when you hear em in cd players, cars, and all other shit it gets borin and fuckin annoyin.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online