theres nothing wrong with liking mainstream rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaudeville said:
why the fuck would I? he's fucking wack, but i see how many people lick his balls. you listen to him? anyways fuck this topic you listen to mainstream i listen to underground it's over. people always try to come up with bullshit questions and shit to move the topic in another direction, why don't people just shut the fuck up and let go... better late than never.
Why do you listen to underground rap? Why don't you listen to mainstream rap? You are severely limiting yourself here, building barriers that do nothing but provide space on which you display your ignorance and arrogance.

Listen to music, not the label plastered on by fans of 'alternative' music who live to support the man no one else knows of. It's pathetic.

By the way, why do you post here? 2Pac is as mainstream as rap gets.

Zero Cool said:
Are honestly equating 2Pac with the likes of Ja Rule or Nelly? If so, stick to your Bizzy Bone :thumb:
You are directly relating mainstream appeal to an artists talent. A BIG mistake, although it is commonly made.

And Bizzy Bone was also as mainstream as mainstream rap gets. He may be underground now but that's because he is out of the limelight, not becuase he improved or his ability has lessened.

Mainstream Rap = Garbage
its like listening to the same shit over and over again, typical mainstream playlist.

New York - good song
Lean Back - Trash
How We Do - dont really feel this
Candy Shop - besides eye candy, Trash
Toy Soldiers - Trash
Lets Get Blown - Trash
Mosh - Trash
Just Lose It - Trash
Wonderful - Trash
Get Back - Trash
S.A.N.T.A.N.A - FUCKING TRASH
Chingy - TRASH, dont need to list songs
Nelly - Trash, dont need to list songs
Missy Eliot - Trash
Camron - Trash, nuff said
Guerilla Black - Trash besides compton
LLoyd Banks - Trash, nuff said
U Make Me Wanna - Trash
Sex,Love and Money - Trash, we all know the only reason its being played
Just A Moment - played like 9 times a day(no bitches,money,rims, u can see why it aint played much)

now repeat this list 100 times a day and add songs like soldier by destinys child(WACK), and you know why mainstream rap is wack

one mc |one| dj

It is not wrong to be like mainstream rap but in hiphophead-world you are supposed to know more than just mainstream rap they feel like you gotta know your shit and I feel so too. I can't have a deep conversation with someone who clearly has no idea what the hell I am talking about when I mention let's say pete rock. Just mentionin pete rock cuz i been listenenin alot to his albumz lately but ya know what I am saying? everybody is trying to son eachother.Look at me I know hip hop Banks is the illest ever 50 is the realest out 2pac can't be touched. Look at me the ultimate hip hop head kid watch ya mouth with that g unit bullshit because you are not educated enough. Man trust I used to be like the last example too maybe I still am but Im not goin to argue with these kids ne more about pac or whatever one day if they want to they'll get educated until than I just let em talk all the trash they want knowing I could easily shut em up. Just let it go man. You can tell em all you want about how mainstream rap sucks but it doesn't help anything if you can't get em into underground hip hop. Talk about underground hip hop so they can later talk about the same shit you and I love. So I suggest you make some threads about rappers and recommend em to em instead of dissin mainstream rap. :thumb:

And this time you gotta start with sum 1 else than Big L.

Lok

MC mufasa said:
nice try mr hip hop guru know it all. tell me, were you introduced to hip hop by finding some random K-Rino shit or did it appeal to you because you heard mainstream stuff?
1. Im not a "guru"
2. I do listen to mainstream rap a bit (Lil Jon etc.)
3. For every good rapper in the mainstream, there are 100 better ones in the underground scene.
4. the very first album I ever bought was Young Dre - Hated By Many

pz

Sentenced said:
1. Im not a "guru"
3. For every good rapper in the mainstream, there are 100 better ones in the underground scene.

pz
There's no such thing as 'better' when it comes to music. We all have our tastes, respect that.

Lok

1. I do respect people opinions
2. retarted ass coment. are you saying 50 & Common are on the same level lyrically? Scarface & Kanye are on the same level flow wise? You might think Kanye is just as good as face and thats your opinion I suppose, but you will be an idiot for thinking that.

^just an example

Sentenced said:
1. I do respect people opinions
2. retarted ass coment. are you saying 50 & Common are on the same level lyrically? Scarface & Kanye are on the same level flow wise? You might think Kanye is just as good as face and thats your opinion I suppose, but you will be an idiot for thinking that.

^just an example
It's all based on opinion. Some people beleive the opposite of what you beleive. If there is no answer how anyone be wrong? If no one is wrong, how can an idiot be an idiot? Surely an idiot can't be right. Oh, but there is no right either, is there? Exactly.

50 Cent may write better hooks than Common, and since a hook is more appropriate in song than a metaphor is who's to say 50 Cent isn't the better lyricist (or songwriter, by defininition)?

Aseop Rock has amazing concepts but he can't structure a song like Murs, does that make him worse?

You probably disagree with the above statements, whether it be about 50 Cent writing better hooks or Aseops song structuring. The point is, unless you decide to anaylise every area of an artists ability you will never be able to say who is better than who.

This isn't mathmatics, where 2 is always bigger than 1, this is life and it's creation.

Silleone said:
Mainstream Rap = Garbage
its like listening to the same shit over and over again, typical mainstream playlist.

New York - good song
Lean Back - Trash
Toy Soldiers - Trash
Lets Get Blown - Trash
Mosh - Trash
Just Lose It - Trash
Wonderful - Trash
Get Back - Trash
Missy Eliot - Trash
U Make Me Wanna - Trash
Just A Moment - played like 9 times a day(no bitches,money,rims, u can see why it aint played much)

now repeat this list 100 times a day and add songs like soldier by destinys child(WACK), and you know why mainstream rap is wack

exactly all you dickriders need to stop being ignorant and look at the fucking facts, at least underground fans do recognize some mainstream artists as "ok" but you mainstream lovers don't even know what underground is so please shut the hell up and read up some more.

big pun
gangstarr
ludacris
2pac
biggie smalls
rakim
xzhibit
ice cube
jayz
freeway
jadakiss
shyne
canibus (didnt he sign to a major)
etc etc, are all mainstream. but some are to hip to admit they listen to them

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
please when will you realize its all entertainment.Not only that hiphop became a culture because of the mainstream everybody cant be popular but everybody can play there part and make there money

Silleone said:
Mainstream Rap = Garbage

New York - good song
Lean Back - Trash
Toy Soldiers - Trash
Lets Get Blown - Trash
Mosh - Trash
Just Lose It - Trash
Wonderful - Trash
Get Back - Trash
Missy Eliot - Trash
U Make Me Wanna - Trash

your confusing mainstream rap with wack pop singles.
mainstream = anyone signed to a major, imo
like nearly all your sig lists'

Bill G said:
It's all based on opinion. Some people beleive the opposite of what you beleive. If there is no answer how anyone be wrong? If no one is wrong, how can an idiot be an idiot? Surely an idiot can't be right. Oh, but there is no right either, is there? Exactly.

50 Cent may write better hooks than Common, and since a hook is more appropriate in song than a metaphor is who's to say 50 Cent isn't the better lyricist (or songwriter, by defininition)?

Aseop Rock has amazing concepts but he can't structure a song like Murs, does that make him worse?

You probably disagree with the above statements, whether it be about 50 Cent writing better hooks or Aseops song structuring. The point is, unless you decide to anaylise every area of an artists ability you will never be able to say who is better than who.

This isn't mathmatics, where 2 is always bigger than 1, this is life and it's creation.
what 50 hooks did ya like???

Sentenced said:
1. Im not a "guru"

pz

you like lil jon yet you mock me with your previous post...?

about your third point - i agree with you totally.

Lok

If I came of blasting you, then my bad.
My point was that this site is one of the worst places to make this type of thread. Just look at the first page of the Street Hop page. threads about The Game, Jay Z, like 5 threads about 50s new project, Eminem, Fabolous (whatever you spell his name) & Nas are all over. I never saw anyone bashing the mainstream here, so this thread was & still is funny to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.