theres nothing wrong with liking mainstream rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silleone said:
nothing wrong with it, but u got to understand that if u keep buying it, your gonna turn rap into a pop genre, soon your gonna have shit like "rap idol", people that cant even rhyme will be on there,so u can like it, but if u buy it, your helping those rich business men ruin it, your as much to blame as them, so when your an old guy and your sayng "this music sounds like crap", realise your one of the billions that helped it to get there.
*looks at Silleone's signature*

Lok

SERIOUSLY, all this Mainstream bashing needs to end! ESPECIALLY on this board! Im fuckin sick of these constant threads about some unknown nobodys with their un-danceable beats. I want to see more Eminem, "Game vs. Jay Z" and especially "OOH 50s Album Justa Leaked 5 Minutes Ago!!! l0lz" threads god damit.

Lok

aban said:
Hell yeah!!! I love to dance to 50 cent and Nelly too, when ever I hear thier voices I get this weird sensation in my legs and I get butterflies in my stomach.
lmao, is this guy for real?

MC mufasa said:
people are almost embarrassed to admit they are enjoying some mainstream releases these days. why do people deem it as a sin? i can see no negatives - except if people claim they know alot about rap when they only listen to mainstream.

fuck it you cant dance to any common or nas - but you can dance to ja, 50, nelly and all them cats.

point: there is nothing wrong with liking mainstream.
I agree with MC mufasa, all too often people are made to feel ashamed for listening to mainstream rap. The way I see it is, mainstream, for a lot of people, is the introduction to hip hop and it's from there that they learn there is much more to it. So you have to acknowledge it in that sense.

As for me, I don't mind a bit of "in da club" or "stand up" when I'm at a nightclub. But if I hear any ja rule/ashanti, then its time to hit the next club. :thumb:

ARon

Maintsream, commercial, underground , it's all music. If it's wak it's wak simple as that. But, I will say one thing, just because it is "underground" doens't mean it is tight.
"Heads" confuse that a lot.

the only reason people dont like mainstream is because they like to hate on anything which may be become popular. everybody loves a rapper coming up until they find out a lot of other people like him so they start to hate and make out your not a real hip hop fan if you like that individual.
i think it might be because you dont wanna be seen to be listening to the same music as a little 13year old kid that thinks 50cent is good for example.

Brett said:
the only reason people dont like mainstream is because they like to hate on anything which may be become popular. everybody loves a rapper coming up until they find out a lot of other people like him so they start to hate and make out your not a real hip hop fan if you like that individual.
i think it might be because you dont wanna be seen to be listening to the same music as a little 13year old kid that thinks 50cent is good for example.
hahahahahahahahahaha.... sorry one more time hahahahahaha

not a good excuse man, i mean since i like MF Doom i'll use him as an example, i bet Doom has more fans than that 50 fag, he's incredibly popular for an underground artist, and you don't see people hating do you?

actualy, i think,
well i hate when people are actualy feeling musci and they say its wack. like i know alot of these kdis saying "fuck ggggay unit" actualy like them probaly cause there listening to an underground equivilient. but i guess its than being a clone and lsitenig to whatevers on aftermath.
i dont like club tracks, but really. most albums i get im only "Really" feeling half of the tracks. some mainstream albums are the same, have at least half good tracks. just ignore the wackness thats forced on there by the lable. but in general undergroudn albums are better cause the artist has more creative control.
like that capital punsihment had a few weak tracks but its still worth every dollar cause its got at least 10 HOT tracks. , maybe i went of topic a bit.

Sentenced said:
SERIOUSLY, all this Mainstream bashing needs to end! ESPECIALLY on this board! Im fuckin sick of these constant threads about some unknown nobodys with their un-danceable beats. I want to see more Eminem, "Game vs. Jay Z" and especially "OOH 50s Album Justa Leaked 5 Minutes Ago!!! l0lz" threads god damit.

nice try mr hip hop guru know it all. tell me, were you introduced to hip hop by finding some random K-Rino shit or did it appeal to you because you heard mainstream stuff?

MC mufasa said:
nice try mr hip hop guru know it all. tell me, were you introduced to hip hop by finding some random K-Rino shit or did it appeal to you because you heard mainstream stuff?
im not tryin to sound like a mr know it all hip hop guru, but i came into listening to hip hop through unknown artists, up til then i thought most of it was wack due to what i was hearin on tv. im startin to listen to a bit more variety now, even though theres some garbage i cannot listen to

not a good excuse man, i mean since i like MF Doom i'll use him as an example, i bet Doom has more fans than that 50 fag, he's incredibly popular for an underground artist, and you don't see people hating do you
ill bet u that mf doom is nt as popular as 50

Brett said:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Brett said:
You hit the nail square on the head with this post. :thumb:

VENOMOUS said:
do u listen to 50s shit?
why the fuck would I? he's fucking wack, but i see how many people lick his balls. you listen to him? anyways fuck this topic you listen to mainstream i listen to underground it's over. people always try to come up with bullshit questions and shit to move the topic in another direction, why don't people just shut the fuck up and let go... better late than never.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
Vaudeville said:
why the fuck would I? he's fucking wack, but i see how many people lick his balls. you listen to him? anyways fuck this topic you listen to mainstream i listen to underground it's over. people always try to come up with bullshit questions and shit to move the topic in another direction, why don't people just shut the fuck up and let go... better late than never.
because youuuuuuuuuusaid that mf doom has more fans and you know how much fans he has out there but you dont listen to 50, so by your logic you shouldnt know who has more fans then the other if you only listen to one of the 2 artist mention above.you need to let it go your getting emotinoal over "bullshit" questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.