theres nothing wrong with liking mainstream rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
people are almost embarrassed to admit they are enjoying some mainstream releases these days. why do people deem it as a sin? i can see no negatives - except if people claim they know alot about rap when they only listen to mainstream.

fuck it you cant dance to any common or nas - but you can dance to ja, 50, nelly and all them cats.

point: there is nothing wrong with liking mainstream.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, however, there is something wrong with liking wack mainstream rappers. But, same thing goes for underground rappers as well.

no one said it was wrong...but there's a problem when you like the majority of mainstream rap cause the majority of it is gay and wack

MC mufasa said:
people are almost embarrassed to admit they are enjoying some mainstream releases these days. why do people deem it as a sin? i can see no negatives - except if people claim they know alot about rap when they only listen to mainstream.

fuck it you cant dance to any common or nas - but you can dance to ja, 50, nelly and all them cats.

point: there is nothing wrong with liking mainstream.
yo, i didn't even read your post...i just read the title then responded to it...when you said you can't dance to some Common or Nas shit were you trying to say that Common and Nas aren't maistream artists? Cause if you were...you're dead wrong...Common...not really too mainstream yet but still has a decent size fan base...but Nas? How much more mainstream can he get?...just cause he doesn't lower himself to promote shit like beer (Jay Z) doesn't mean he isn't mainstream

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Weird, I swear a couple of nights ago when I went to see Young Buck at concert before the show started, I was seeing people dance to Nas, Common and even 'The Definition - Talib & Mos Def'...

Mainstream is just what is popular at the time, it's not absolute, what if shit like Aesop Rock becomes mainstream? Will everybody start dancing to that? Mainstream isn't a style of music, it is just what the majority of people like at the time, it is constantly changing

holy fuck you people know what im talking about. stop getting all technical and complex on me.

i gave examples of "mainstream" and that should be enough to indicate that im talking about what we constantly hear on the radio

jesus christ some of you people try way too hard to sound all intelligent.

Yes, its all said. There is nothin wrong with hearing mainstream hip hop, just because its mainstream it hasnt to be always shit. Games The Documentary is mainstream to the fullest, but its good.

Snoop
Dre
Tupac
Nas
Jay-z
LL Cool J _____________________ All at least at time Mainstream
Biggie Smalls
Eminem
Nelly
Xzibit
Public Enemy

So do you think mainstream is bad? For me this word is stupid used and dont count, this word is just describing the best sales and what ppl are most listening at the moment.

2Pax

I agree nothing wrong with liking mainstream rap, nothing wrong with hating it either it's just peoples difference in opinions.

nothing wrong with it, but u got to understand that if u keep buying it, your gonna turn rap into a pop genre, soon your gonna have shit like "rap idol", people that cant even rhyme will be on there,so u can like it, but if u buy it, your helping those rich business men ruin it, your as much to blame as them, so when your an old guy and your sayng "this music sounds like crap", realise your one of the billions that helped it to get there.

i dont think mc mufasa means supportin it i think he meant dancing to it in a night club....and i do agree, u cant dance to that super lyrical shit unless it got a good beat/hook.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Silleone said:
nothing wrong with it, but u got to understand that if u keep buying it, your gonna turn rap into a pop genre, soon your gonna have shit like "rap idol", people that cant even rhyme will be on there,so u can like it, but if u buy it, your helping those rich business men ruin it, your as much to blame as them, so when your an old guy and your sayng "this music sounds like crap", realise your one of the billions that helped it to get there.
Already have something similar to 'Rap Idol', it's that show hosted by Missy Elliot. They look for a new HipHop talent and shit. It's a shitty show also, kinda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.