The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

ArtsyGirl

I'm so happy, but so conflicted because its Boston.. lol .... Maybe Bosh didn't play the 2nd half because he isn't ready?

I feel no sympathy for the BIG 3 .. if they hadn't proclaimed how many championships they will win and act as though all they had to do was show up maybe I would.. but eh. Hopefully Boston close it out. I like them more than Miami haha

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand. Of course everything is on the shoulders of Bron and Wade. That's what they wanted and that is what they got.
My point is, Spoelstra should do a better job of putting LeBron in an effective position to score or make a play. Either run straight up ISO or something where it doesn't seem that LeBron just randomly gets the ball in the corner surrounded by multiple players or on top of the key surrounded by a bunch of players. Also, if it seems that LeBron has trouble closing out games, go with plan B. Make a plan B. In the end, it's about winning, not about making sure that LeBron scores the winning play. He's a scorer, not a shooter, so killer instinct isn't going to make the 3 go in every time.

Jokerman

LeBron definitely wants to win. But he came to Miami to be part of a team and make the other players better. And that's what he's trying to do, even if the team would score more if he just focused on his own abilities and took over the game. He's just not being selfish in that regard.

And Wade. He's too inconsistent. Like sometimes he cares and sometimes, whatever. He only makes baskets if he's falling down when he shoots. I say have him fall down when he shoots free throws. And he needs to look where he passes the ball in the clutch. Too many turnovers. Get rid of Gabrielle and practice your free throws, playa.

Kobe

Damn. Spurs got schooled. It was smooth sailing for them all the way till game 3.

As for Miami, they really are getting it from all angles. I think what makes their struggles quite poetic to me their truckload of bandwagon fans. Its time to let Spoelstra go.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
i don't know any miami fans except me. ristol doesn't either. where does this bandwagon come from that you speak of? i don't feel insulted, just curious, because I seriously can't find one person on FaceBook among 400 friends who likes Miami and Jokerman is the only one on this board it seems. So, where's this bandwagon, where are the fans?

Kobe

where does this bandwagon come from that you speak of?
You're serious? You're oblivious to the upsurge of Miami Heat fans ever since Lebron and Bosh joined the team?

I honestly don't believe that, because you are an NBA fan. Besides we're like only at most 5 people that post on this NBA thread regularly, so there aren't that many NBA fans on here. I know there were Heat fans well before the Lebron wave, I'm not calling those fans bandwagon. Maybe geographical aspects make the rules, but I know a lot of people who instantly became Heat fans after 'the decision'.

Where are the mass amounts of Chicago Bulls fans that were around during the Jordan era? Did you miss the upsurge of Cleveland fans after Lebron joined the team? You think all the Celtics fans you see today were around before 2008? Don't you see all the people riding with the Thunder right now? Are there less Lakers fans around after not winning a championship in two years? Yes. Are there more Lakers fans when the titles are coming in? Yes.

Its the NBA...bandwagon fans are in plenty everywhere success is possible.

Jokerman

Of course the Heat made new fans when Lebron and Bosh joined, me included. I don't live in Miami. I'm a Lebron fan first and foremost. As long as he's with the Heat, I'll be a Heat fan, win or lose. And of course I've come to care about Wade and Chalmers, and the others. So now I'm also a Heat fan. That's not a bandwagon fan who jumps on when a team is winning. That's a player fan. Besides living in the team's city, that's how someone legitimately becomes a fan of a team. They like a player or two, or the way the team plays. Bandwagon fans leave the team once they start losing. And bandwagon player fans start calling for Wade to be traded because he had a bad game, or start putting down Lebron because the team didn't win. I'll be critical, yes, but I'll still support them when they do poorly.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
You're serious? You're oblivious to the upsurge of Miami Heat fans ever since Lebron and Bosh joined the team?
yeah, that was two years ago. There was a huge upsurge after the decision but Miami probably hasn't gained any fans since that summer and i'm pretty sure Miami has more haters than fans. I mean, there's probably more Miami haters out there than Lakers haters and that's saying a lot. My point is, there has been no upsurge in Miami fans in the last half of this year, hell, all season. All I've seen is haters once the playoffs started.

Its the NBA...bandwagon fans are in plenty everywhere success is possible.
Of course.

roaches

The hater train has grown much more than the bandwagon. There are Lakers fans rooting for the Celtics in this very thread for chrissakes. It is just sports but I wonder about a moral universe where people righteously feel so bloodthirsty towards a guy who came from a broken home in the gutter and turned into an unselfish team-first player who plays phenomenal defense against all five positions while being a threat to drop 30/post a triple double/both on any given night because he decided after almost a decade of service to the hometown team to take a job in a nicer city with lower taxes for a more competent employer with only one historical rival who most observers enjoy mocking.

What a game he had last night, though. I guess we'll never get Lebron-Kobe, but Lebron-Kevin over the next few years will be fantastic. Hopefully it starts this year.

Kobe

Of course the Heat made new fans when Lebron and Bosh joined, me included. I don't live in Miami. I'm a Lebron fan first and foremost. As long as he's with the Heat, I'll be a Heat fan, win or lose. That's not a bandwagon fan who jumps on when a team is winning. That's a player fan.
That's fine, I don't have any problem if you put it that way.

Miami has more haters than fans. I mean, there's probably more Miami haters out there than Lakers haters and that's saying a lot. My point is, there has been no upsurge in Miami fans in the last half of this year, hell, all season. All I've seen is haters once the playoffs started.
*I think* Miami have haters because of the "not one, not two..." stunt Lebron pulled. Give fans a reason to hate, and they'll grab onto anything that can be used against you. Give them nothing and they'll find something like 'Oh, I don't like his character'. Personally, I don't think there is such a thing as Lakers haters, I think its more of Bryant haters. Don't believe me? Wait and see when he retires. People won't give a damn about the Lakers.

The hater train has grown much more than the bandwagon. There are Lakers fans rooting for the Celtics in this very thread for chrissakes. It is just sports but I wonder about a moral universe where people righteously feel so bloodthirsty towards a guy who came from a broken home in the gutter and turned into an unselfish team-first player
On the Lakers forum the 'support the Celtics/Heat' theme has been discussed. Lakers fans really are split about it, and there is an anomaly which will slide for this year I guess. The fans that don't like the Heat, are down for the Celtics. The fans that can't stand the Celtics want the Heat to win. I said it once on here and SOFI was giving me stick about it for no reason: I don't like the Celtics, especially after 08 Finals. I didn't care about them when they were in the doldrums. However, my dislike for them wouldn't blind me to the extent I wouldn't acknowledge they are a great hoops team. Every Lakers fan wishes their team played with heart in the playoffs the way the Celtics are doing right now. On Sportsnation, I voted for the Celtics to win the series, because I just think they are that good.

As far as saying I support them, I wouldn't do that.

I watched Lebron's 'More than a game'. When he spoke about what it was like growing up with few clothes, shoes, stresses about utility bills, food and the like, I saw the hurt in his eyes and I realised one thing. He has all the money in the world right now, but he has never forgotten where he came from. I respect that life attitude, and I respect him for that. So when he dropped that line last year that he will live his life (in so many words), I understood what he meant. Unfortunately the media blew it up and haters had more reason to hate. Fans have said horrible things about Lebron and his mom. He says one thing that reminds them of their miserable lives, and they go up in arms about it.

That's what sports fans do.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Don't believe me? Wait and see when he retires. People won't give a damn about the Lakers.
I totally agree that Kobe Bryant is responsible for 99% of hate that the Lakers get, and rightfully so. lol
But LA will always have a great team, meaning always an elite player, meaning always reason to hate them.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.