The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

Kobe

Damn, she is one of the hottest women in my books. Didn't see this one coming. Eva Longoria files for divorce from Tony Parker - ESPN

Less than four years after a storybook wedding in Paris, Eva Longoria filed court papers Wednesday to divorce Tony Parker, citing irreconcilable differences. Each posted a statement on their Twitter accounts addressing the divorce. "We love each other deeply and pray for each other's happiness," it said.
Back to hoops matters, I'll just INK in the Spurs as the 2nd seed in the playoffs tree. 8 straight victories, 9-1 start, still under the radar the way I see it. Funny how today is the only day they made the headlines on Sportscenter (maybe coz of of Tony Parker). Yak, what you think of Richard J. so far this season? I know you always called him a bum :D

Greg Oden is also out for the season, it's terrible seeing his career on such a start stop process. Not to mention Portland publicly said they won't be giving him a new contract. Not like it's wrong, understandably it isn't worth it in the end at the rate he's going. I can only imagine how Portland wish they picked Kevin Durant instead.

Clippers are 1-11. Blake Griffin looked super frustrated leaving the court after the loss to the Wolves. Marcus Beasely (my man B-easy) sunk the Clippers in the final seconds.

ArtsyGirl

^LOL @ him following him for so long.. I didnt hear any of it and only watched a little so that will be for later :)

Still shocked at Shannon Brown this season.
Lakers bench is so much better..

Kobe

I watched the Lakers vs Jazz game. Totally annoying was the fact that it was on FSN Utah. Trust me when I say the channel has no shame on having a massive media bias for the Jazz. It was driving me nuts while watching the game. Just as a by the way, this is what the Jazz have done this season according to Forum Blue And Gold

November 6th – Utah trails the Los Angeles Clippers by 18 only to come back with a 109-107 victory in overtime.

November 9th – The Miami take a 22-point lead over the Utah Jazz only to lose 116-114 in overtime.

November 10th – Just one night after completing a 22-point comeback, the Utah Jazz overcome an 18-point deficit against the Orlando Magic to win 104-94.

November 12th – (From the Associated Press): “Paul Millsap hit a corner jumper with 1:20 to play and the Jazz came back from a double-digit, second-half deficit for the fourth consecutive game to beat the Atlanta Hawks 90-86 on Friday night.”

November 13th – The Utah Jazz trailed by 16 at halftime only to have Deron Williams knock down a floater with 0.8 seconds left on the clock to give them a 96-95 win over the Bobcats.

November 20th – The Utah Jazz trailed by as many as 11 and trailed for the majority of the game before a huge 4th quarter gave the Jazz a 103-94 victory over the Portland Trailblazers.
So last night the Jazz pulled a major comeback, and a win on the Lakers. I thought the atmosphere in Utah was really intense, it was more like a playoff game. Can't wait for these two teams to play each other again (LA, Jan 25th). I think an old rivalry has come to life. Another aspect that probably affected the outcome of the game was the shot clock Los Angeles Lakers' Phil Jackson upset by shot-clock malfunction at end of loss vs. Utah Jazz - ESPN Los Angeles. Anyway, it was a great game.

Time to talk about the Heat going to Cleveland next week :D

ArtsyGirl

I watched the Lakers vs Jazz game. Totally annoying was the fact that it was on FSN Utah. Trust me when I say the channel has no shame on having a massive media bias for the Jazz. It was driving me nuts while watching the game.
Oh that was driving me crazy. When Jazz was getting the calls going their way it ='s ref's calling it fair. When Lakers get calls going their way it ='s ref's calling it tight. Wtf? What happened to fair.
I don't consider it a major comeback when the biggest lead was in the first quarter. Yeah it's a comeback but you had 3 quarters to pull that back. Kobe's 3's in the 4th were nuts, he liked that spot. Bench really wasn't doing anything for LA, and Gasol seemed to be fumbling it alot.

The shot clock was so annoying, those assholes did something to it after Kiralinkos (however you spell it) airball.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
many local station do shit like that their commentators, some times watching other teams games i even question when they r Too neutral

so i think it needs to be a right balance.

like if its the teams station, don't say shit in the last seconds about what the other team really needs to do to win the game

National TV is different

Hey about that Lebron's commercial. What did he mean when he said " do I need to tell u that I have done this before" ? Was he a Boston fan when he was a kid or what?

Kobe

1) Damn, those Houston Rockets cheerleaders are hotttt!!

2) Bryant vs Battier has always been a great duel to watch.

3) Conventional wisdom says a Lakers 4 game losing streak is something to panick about:

Their latest loss, a 109-99 defeat by the injury-depleted Houston Rockets on Wednesday night, prompted a reporter to ask Kobe Bryant if the Lakers have considered that they aren't as good as they think they are. "How do you know how good we think we are? We're fine," an obviously annoyed Bryant said. "Are we going to win a three-peat today? Probably not, but the [expletive] is not played today."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.