The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

raywaters11

lmao @ a rockets fan trying to say their franchise is the best

now when tmac and yao both miss half the season due to injuries, who is going to save your team? artest? he'll punch a fan and miss the rest of the year. rafer alston? he'll stab someone. shane battier? lmfao. go home, rockets wont win shit.

but my team is the bobcats, so i cant talk too much...

yak pac fatal

atleast bobcats r in the eastern confrence. anything can happen there lol. hawks took celtics to 7 games
u guys got a decent roster but larry brown will prob fuck it up like he did the knicks

lmao @ a rockets fan trying to say their franchise is the best

AHAHAHAh aint all fans think that way about their team >?

and injury can happen to anybody
if duncan gets hurt who will save spurs bowen?
and Mj said it himself that he couldnt fuck with rockets team

raywaters11

mj was modest.

true about the bobcats being in eastern conference but the celtics, pistons, magic, raptors, cavs, wizards, hell even the sixers are decent looking this year. they do have a real good roster, but no real superstars. okafor is a good big man, wallace is great for energy and an excellent all around player, but they need a lebron or a kobe to take them to the promise land.

and no, not every fan thinks their team is the shit. i'm a nuggets [well, really an iverson fan] but i know they wont win a championship, might not even make playoffs. bobcats are still my team tho.

yak pac fatal

It’s been 10 years since Jerry Krause, Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan parted company in a hail of spite and anger after winning six championships together with the Chicago Bulls.

It’s unlikely that the three ever posed together for a photograph, even in their sunnier days, but if they had Krause would have been the short dumpy guy looking entirely out of place.

The caption for that photo might have noted that Jordan was the one with the fierce presence and incredible talent and Jackson was the one with the cunning.

And Krause?

Well, he was the one with big enough balls to stand up to both of them.

It’s unlikely that Krause will ever join the other two in the Hall of Fame, but if he does, the display might well be a huge set of cojones.

Jordan, you may recall, was the most intimidating presence in the history of the game, on and off the court. That was his gift and his curse, all rolled into one. It was his gift because he rode that Alpha Male nature to the heights of the sport, scaring everybody in his path along the way. The curse was that his talent transformed those around him into fawning groupies and sycophants. Everywhere Jordan turned, he encountered people eager to tell him what he wanted to hear.

Even Jackson, hugely intimidating in his own right, chose his words carefully and stepped softly around His Airness.

Krause, on the other hand, charged right in like the bull that he was, cocksure in his own view of things.

Krause was the one who just knew the Cinderella Bulls had to have Bill Cartwright to upgrade their center play with smarts and toughness. So he traded away Charles Oakley, Jordan’s dear friend and partner in crime, to get Cartwright. It was just one of several Krause acts that Jordan never forgave.

“We didn’t win until we got Bill Cartwright,” Krause told me in a long conversation a few months back. “People today don’t realize how good Bill Cartwright was.”

Cartwright was the key to the Bulls’ first three championships from 1991-93, Krause said.

“Then the second group of three (1996-98) started when we got Dennis (Rodman). Without Dennis, we wouldn’t have done that.”

Jordan signed off on the Rodman acquisition, but there were plenty of other times Krause didn’t hesitate to run afoul of the team’s star.

Jordan lobbied hard for the drafting of Joe Wolf, a University of North Carolina star. Krause ignored him and drafted Horace Grant, another key in Chicago’s long, strange run of success.

Since the glory of his playing days ended, Jordan has struggled to find success and happiness in the game he virtually owned as a Bull.

Jordan has never phoned Krause, although he did contact him through an intermediary for the pivotal 2001 NBA draft. Jordan was an owner/executive for the Washington Wizards, and Krause was still working for the Bulls. They were both trying to sort out which big men to take among Tyson Chandler, Kwame Brown and Eddy Curry. Jordan made Brown his infamous selection, while Krause scooped up Chandler and Curry for Chicago.

“Michael didn’t try to pick my brain,” Krause said. “Michael didn’t have any respect for anybody’s brain. He did have Rod Higgins do a lot of his talking.”

Since his Bulls tenure ended a few years back, Krause has returned to his original love, scouting baseball.

Although Jordan is in charge of basketball operations for the Charlotte Bobcats these days and he could probably use Krause’s counsel on personnel issues, it’s not likely that the two will ever mend their differences.

And Krause scoffed when asked if he and Jackson would be getting together any time soon for a reunion of those great Bulls teams.

“I haven’t spoken to Phil since the last day he was with us in 1998,” Krause said.

Like Jordan, it would probably behoove Jackson to slice off a huge piece of humble pie and give Krause a call. After all, Jackson is in Los Angeles trying to duplicate the incredible feat they all accomplished together in Chicago – to build a championship team around a 2 guard.

Krause is quite a student of the game and he loves to point out that Chicago holds a distinction among all the great basketball teams.

“We were the only ones to build a championship team around a 2 guard,” he offered, adding that even attempting such a thing is almost silly. “That’s what I’m proudest of. It’s the hardest thing to do, really, really hard to do.”

WINTER

Their differences are enough to make you wonder how Krause and Jackson ever came to work together, but that in itself is the bittersweet heart of this story.

If Krause ever writes an autobiography, he plans to call it “One Million National Anthems.” That’s because he’s knocked around the games of baseball and basketball for years as a scout, taking bad flights, eating bad food, hanging out at practice, always looking for the hidden truth.

Even before that, when he was a student assistant charting plays at Bradley University, Krause caught his first glimpse of Tex Winter, then the coach at Kansas State. Krause was intrigued by the triangle offense and Winter’s intelligence and integrity.

“I liked what Tex did. I thought, ‘Boy, if he ever got good players that offense would be something.’”

Winter moved around in his coaching career as Krause moved into the netherworld of scouting, all the while keeping an eye on Winter and his teams. When Winter took the job at Northwestern, “we became better friends,” Krause said.

Winter recalls that he spent a lot of time with a projector, going over film, showing Krause a lot about the triangle.

“I wanted to learn about it,” Krause said. He also had hopes of becoming an NBA general manager someday and he offered promises that as soon as he did, he would hire Winter.

“I want you with me,” Krause told Winter. “I want you to teach the big people and to coach the coaches.”

“I always said, ‘I’m gonna hire him as an assistant coach, and I’m not gonna worry who the head coach is going to be,” Krause recalled.

In 1985, Krause’s labor came to fruition. He was hired as GM of the Bulls as Jordan was entering his second season. Sure enough, one of the first calls he made was to Winter.

First, Krause hired Stan Albeck as head coach. But Albeck didn’t want to listen to Winter and didn’t want to use the offense.

Krause also wanted him to hire a goofy young assistant named Phil Jackson. Krause had discovered Jackson, a lanky big guy at the University of North Dakota, while scouting small college ball. Krause had quickly come to believe that Jackson had a bright future. But Albeck absolutely refused to hire Jackson, who was viewed as something of an oddball back in the 1980s.

Krause fired Albeck and promoted a bright young coach, Doug Collins.

Krause wanted Collins to hire Jackson, but the new coach was reluctant.

“I went around some things with Doug, but I finally got Phil on his staff,” Krause said.

Once there, Jackson soon began working with Winter and learning from him. But like Albeck, Collins didn’t want to listen to Winter. He even barred Winter from Bulls practices at one point.

Finally, Krause grew fed up, fired Collins and hired Jackson as his head coach.

At last, Krause had the two people he had dreamed of putting in charge. It was the beginning of a coaching partnership that would win nine NBA titles.

“Phil was the first person to understand how good Tex was,” Krause said. “I give Phil a lot of credit. Phil is the best brain picker I have ever known. Phil has picked Tex’s mind for years. I’m a great brain picker myself. I’ve picked Tex’s mind for years. But Phil is by far the best I’ve ever seen because he took a genius and picked his brain. I hired Phil because he was a brilliant defensive coach. When Phil said he wanted to use Tex’s triangle, I said, ‘That’s great.’”

Krause doesn’t take credit for it, but the two would become the core of a great coaching staff, that included Johnny Bach, Jimmy Rodgers, Frank Hamblen and Jimmy Cleamons.

“I do believe the coaching staff we had in Chicago is the best staff in the history of the game,” Krause said. “They were a tremendous complement to Phil.”

For several years, Jackson and his staff proved the perfect match for Jordan, Scottie Pippen and the assemblage of talent. However, Krause’s strong personality wore on Jackson season after season.

Winter grew to become a moderating factor between the two. He said Jackson spent several years bending over backward to please Krause, but by late 1995, Jackson had grown weary of the process and began to rebel.

That rebellion grew into open warfare by 1996. Some accuse Jackson of using Jordan’s and Pippen’s dislike of Krause to motivate the team and drive the Bulls along a bitter road to their last three championships.

Krause soon found himself caught up in the web of Jackson’s mind games and the coach’s ability to use the media to achieve his goals.

“He’s always operated that way,” Krause said of Jackson. “Believe me, he’s stirred the pot with me a number of times. That’s the way he does things. I know the act, believe me.”

Observers watched Krause’s own hubris feed into the end game in Chicago. The team and coaching staff broke apart after the sixth title in 1998. Krause’s vision of Jackson and Winter had been special, then it turned into his nightmare.

Jackson “rode off into the sunset” was how the media termed the parting. Krause says he was disappointed in 1999 when Winter told him he was leaving the Bulls to accept a job working with Jackson and the Lakers.

“I wasn’t happy about it when he left,” Krause said of Winter, one of the elite few whom Krause calls ‘Coach.’ “I told him that. But Coach is still Coach with me. I don’t call many people coach. You gotta earn that with me.”

Now in his late 60s and still living in the Chicago area, Krause offers a matter-of-fact view of the experience and shows some callouses.

“I’ve got tapes of every game that was played in that era,” he says. “I’ve never looked at ‘em.”

Jackson was voted into the Hall of Fame last year, which served to remind Krause of his frustration at not getting the Hall to recognize Winter as an all-time great coach.

Winter is one of the game’s ultimate “geniuses,” he says.

Krause himself was on the selection committee for the Hall several years ago and resigned in protest over the issue.

“I did everything I could do,” Krause said, adding that the politics of selection has made Winter’s recognition as one of the game’s all-time great coaches an impossibility. “It ain’t gonna happen.”

He has grown to accept that reality as he has everything else that came to pass. He says he has moved on to his new life in baseball and is enjoying it immensely.

Don’t expect a warm reunion of one of pro basketball’s great teams, he says.

“It’s past history. It’s done. Phil is a great coach. For a long time, he was very easy to work with. Then he was not so easy. That’s life. Things change. Phil is Phil. I’m proud I hired him.”
good article, long but good, its about the bulls/mj/phil

shitttttt
rockets whipping that ass
tmac almost got in the fight
yao almost got in the fight
artest almost got in the fight
only 1st half
shittt
im recording tha game just incase
artest tmac and refer
mannnnnn some great fighters ahahahahahahahahaahahahah

and the reason why u dont think nuggets r best is because they aint lol
rockets on the other hand have big potentials
if for example, kobe/ yao got trade to bobcats u would think that bobcats r tha best

so, I dont really have to think that rockets r the best because its a well known fact that they r lol
how lucky I am huh

raywaters11

i'd take kobe, odom, and gasol over tmac, yao, and artest.

why? they have proven themselves. yao is extremely overrated, tmac, though one of my favorite players, is past his prime and cant stay healthy for a ten game streak. artest cant play both ends of the floor at the same time. he can play offense, somewhat, but he cant play both offense and defense adequately at the same time.

nuggets fucked up hardcore when they traded camby, there went their playoff hopes out the window. iverson, melo and camby, one of the best three person combo's you could come up with.

if kobe and yao [fuck yao, stoudemire] got traded to the bobcats, hell yeah they would be the best.
C-Stoudemire
PF-Okafor
SF-G. Wallace
SG-Kobe Bryant
PG-Felton
with the exception of felton, thats an all star lineup. not to mention a decent bench, with sean may providing off the bench.

i'd still pick the lakers, spurs [and i HATE the spurs] hornets, and possibly even the mavericks and the clippers over the rockets. rockets have talent, but no heart to get the job done. i dont see them making it to the second round.. the tmac curse.

odom, and gasol

AHAHAHAHAHAha
odom is garabge
what can odom do?
lay ups but problem is that his gay lay ups is very easy to stop
celtics proved that
everytime odom had the ball he do a offensive foul
charging

If yao overrated then gasol shouldnt even be in nba

the problem why we cant win is because
tmac is not kobe
if tmac was with lakers and kobe with current rockets team
lakers wouldnt even make it to the playoffs
but rockets would win every year

and ur so called lakers--- odom-- gasol-- kobe
they will not be in the finals this year
and if by a miracle way they make it
it would be a freebie for celtics

because lakers dont have enought to beat celtics team in the finals

raywaters11

yao is almost 8 feet tall
and still not a huge threat.
he is an elite center, only because the big man is a dying breed.
when shaq is still considered one of the best centers in the game, you know it is getting bad. david robinson could come out of retirement and own yao's ass. hell, moses malone could come out of retirement and own yao's ass.

gasol isn't one of the best centers, yao is better, but gasol understands the game and understands his role. he knows the fundamentals, and he is an exceptional passer for a center. yao gets dunked on by everyone and nate robinson blocked the shit out of him. yao should be crying in a corner somewhere. he's the new age Shawn Bradley.

and u take odom and gasol over yao and artest

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

yak what do u think
would u pic odom and gasol over yao and artest ?>

its funny how u shitting on artest
but what can odom do>?
he got no d
he got no j
he chokes
his lay ups r very easy to stop

and yao ...............
come on now
lakers would have trade whole laker team just to have yao with kobe

he knows the fundamentals
he knows fundamentals only after hooked up with kobe
when he was with grizzle people said
gasol who

robinson block
?
okey now
so u saying when iverson crossed Mj that means Mj is garbage
or that time when mexican cross kobe and kobe fell down
that mean kobe is garbage?
or when lebron got his ankle broken he is garbage too?

crossing aint shit just like blocking
it easy to block somebody
if u play basketball u should know that blocking aint shit especially when u trying to put back the basketball

robinson dint block yao while yao was shooting over him
robinson block yao on sneaky,
shitttt that block if it was shaq he would of blocked him too
robinson just got lucky

anybody can do that

raywaters11

i didnt say i'd take odom and gasol over yao and artest, i said i would take KOBE odom and gasol over TMAC yao and artest. vast difference there.

i didnt say yao was shit because robinson blocked him, he is shit for so many other reasons also :D

raywaters11

wtf are u even talking about..
every player i named is garbage?
okafor, wallace, iverson, carmelo, camby, all of them are garbage? david robinson, moses malone, both garbage?

i would take camby over yao. or stoudemire over yao. stoudemire beat out yao for ROY honors. oh, but he's garbage, why, cuz he doesnt play for the rockets?

i edit my post
since we doing big man
shaq/gasol r garbage

david robinson, moses malone

damnnn calm down with players who r not even playing no more
shitt mj would dominated kobe
i take mj over kobe anytime

and if u take camby over yao
that only shows that nuggest r super garbage
they have AI
carmelo
camby( who is in ur opinion better then yao)
and they still cant win
finished 8th last season while rockets had a winning streak of 22 without yao

I put money on
that rockets will finish season infront of suns and nuggets and infront of new camby team

raywaters11

correction hun, camby isn't on the nuggets. oh and the nuggets made it just as far as the rockets last year...
camby was defensive player of the year multiple times, what has yao ever won? the lost rookie of the year, he's 8 feet tall and cant lead the league in rebounds or blocks or points, he's never been defensive player of the year, he gets into all star starter spots only because of the asian vote..

i dont think the rockets will finish ahead of the suns, but that is a toss up. shaq will burn out, like everyone else said, and they lost marion. but shaq's presence alone will take some heat off of amare, and if his injury improves, he will have an excellent year. the clippers, they MAY finish ahead of the rockets also. baron davis is past his prime, but they have nice pieces to accommodate him.

of course you would take mj over kobe, who wouldnt? but you said, all the players i mentioned were garbage, i had mentioned robinson and malone, that is why i brought them back up, cuz you basically called them garbage. what does the hall of fame know anyways, right? pfft.

camby, stoudemire, tim duncan, kevin garnett, dwight howard, just to name a few, are some of the 'garbage' big men i would choose over yao ming.

KG
ahahahahahahaha
yea he is so good only after he got all star team
have he ever won a chanpionship when he was in the timberwolfs?

we will c this season
if rockets win it
then yao is a legend

oo and by the way
i know u will get soo mad but
yao is a future hall of famer and camby, stoudemire r not

and D player
well its kind of hard to win D player when u like 8 feet tall
and half of the players u have listed
what have they won?

and i think u r the only one who will pick "some of this garbage players" over yao

raywaters11

lmao, you're dissin KG for not winning a championship in Minnesota, but what has Yao won in his career? KG has also won DPOY and MVP, both in Minnesota.

How could it be hard to win DPOY while you're 8 feet tall? He should be blocking every shot within ten feet of him, and grabbing every rebound. He is the tallest player in the NBA. If Rockets win it, Yao is not a legend. He is overrated. Last year, the Celtics won, does that make Rajon Rondo a legend?

KG has also won DPOY and MVP, both in Minnesota

AHAHAHAHAH yea he won when he was in garbage team
do u think kobe would ever score 81 points if he had a decent team that year?
no
if it was no tmac, no nobody in houston
yao would have took over
but yao only takes about what 12 shots a game or so
and plays about 25 min and avg like 22 points and 10 rebounds
how many shots Kg took in minnisota?
how many min KG played ?

and when u like 8 feet tall
u r not neccessary strong
in fact
u fragile

and yao will be a legend because u cant win a championships without a big man

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.