The Game's verse removed from Kanye West track

If you have listened to "Crack Music" from rapper Kanye West's sophomore album "Late Registration" you'd have noticed that the guest appearance, Game, says just 10 words on 4-minute-plus track. Wonder why?

"Yeah I don't really want to talk about that," replied Kanye West when asked why nearly 1 1/2 minutes of "Crack Music" features just the plain instrumental between Kanye's beginning and end verses. "We ran into some issues with time and other problems, basically," Kanye continued.

Despite his answer, rumors have been circulating on the internet of the lack-of speech from Game. Insiders close to the Game camp, and those close with the "Late Registration" project say Game's verse was entirely removed from the album.

"He had a hot verse on that track and the beat behind him changed up a little, I think its still on the final release, you know, cause Game wanted to do a little something for Kanye with him producing "Dreams" for him," said a source close to the "Late Registration" project. "It was removed, the whole verse due to the heated beef with him and 50, and Kanye just felt like he didn't want to push a beef between him and G-Unit so he wasn't ruining relationships with Eminem. He wants to work with Em, so you know, it was in his best interest to play down Game's guest appearance." Sources around the Game camp say that Game was so angry with the removal he contemplated a diss-track towards Kanye. He decided against it.
Kanye West's "Late Registration" will release August 30, 2005.

source: http://www.gunitworld.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=152490

shinehigh

Shine High 4 Life
Oh from gunitworld ... I don't know if I would beleave any news about the game from them ... it might be thats just what they wanted to happen ... If this same info starts coming from more and reliable sources

I also love how it says Insiders close to and Sources close to thru out the who thing ... :)

shinehigh

Shine High 4 Life
1st Game doesn't have a verse on the song ...
2nd There is no space with just music between Kanyes first and second verse ... that was made up to make you beleave the story
3rd The spot where the music changes is towards the end of the song
4th The spot where there is just music and a little singing is only 4 bars, so I doubt that was a spot for a verse

Shot 21

I just listened to Crack Music on Kanyes website and The Game is only on the chorus. That has pissed me off. Why the fuck did Kanye take Game off just because hes beefin with 50 Cent. Is he scared of 50 or just a dyckryder. I love Kanye but I really dont agree with this descision.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Kanye is contracted to Interscope for producing. Hence all the tracks from him. 1 for Game, 1 for D12 etc.

If Interscope request a track for Game, Kanye has to give it up. Whether it harms his relationship with Eminem or not.

As for "Crack Music", I don't know so can't comment.

Pittsey said:
Kanye is contracted to Interscope for producing. Hence all the tracks from him. 1 for Game, 1 for D12 etc.

If Interscope request a track for Game, Kanye has to give it up. Whether it harms his relationship with Eminem or not.

wow didnt know he was on interscope??? when did this happen?

roaches

wow didnt know he was on interscope??? when did this happen?
It's a production deal. It's not the same as being signed as a performer.

I assumed that Kanye had Game do the chorus just so he could put his name on the promotional materials (HIT ALBUM FEATURING GUEST APPEARANCES BY: THE GAME..., just like Talib Kweli having Xzibit on Quality, etc.).

But, I mean, who cares? People get changed out of songs all the time for whatever reason. And it's not exactly like we're being deprived of some A-quality lyricism.

roaches said:
It's a production deal. It's not the same as being signed as a performer.

I assumed that Kanye had Game do the chorus just so he could put his name on the promotional materials (HIT ALBUM FEATURING GUEST APPEARANCES BY: THE GAME..., just like Talib Kweli having Xzibit on Quality, etc.).

But, I mean, who cares? People get changed out of songs all the time for whatever reason. And it's not exactly like we're being deprived of some A-quality lyricism.
hahahaha very true he might have dissed Jay-Z sublimnally on that record anyway knowing the lil bit I know bout him

yes I just wanted to know has he always been signed to Interscope since he blown up as a producer (you know Kanye West for Konman/Rocafella/GOOD music in the credits) would have thought that they have interscope too? But yea I see what you mean (since he isnt signed as a perfromer he doesnt have to have Kanye appears courtsey of blah)

tell u the truth, i don't listen 2 game for his lyricism...i just wanna hear what he has 2 say. In a way, kinda like Pac...i think most people loved his music or were looking 4ward 2 his new music just cuz they wanted 2 know what he was going 2 say.

Kryogenikz said:
tell u the truth, i don't listen 2 game for his lyricism...i just wanna hear what he has 2 say. In a way, kinda like Pac...i think most people loved his music or were looking 4ward 2 his new music just cuz they wanted 2 know what he was going 2 say.
I agree for the most part. altho i think pac was much better at lyrics than game, pac was better than average. But yea i think it was more about what he was gonna say that how he said it.

TCD

Pittsey said:

I've never heard a song by Eminem produced by Kanyeezee.

On a completely unrealated topic I ordered my deluxe copy of LR weeks back and I still don't have it :mad:

Kryogenikz said:

isnt that lyricism though, even if it not done with some fancy words or rhyme structure

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.