The Game...Now that he's been out

A couple of weeks ago "Dreams" was still doing over 60 spins a week on Detroit Urban-formatted radio as of the end of July, the tail end of its life as a single.
LOL, I don't know where you get your information, but I would say it's false.

For comparison's sake, that's about as many spins per week as Trick Trick's "Welcome to Detroit City" Young Jeezy's "And Then What", and more than the 50 Cent/Mobb Deep single are getting spun now.
I hear Welcome 2 Detroit about 8 times a day on Detroit radio. I don't hear Dreams at all.

But, then, you live in New Orleans, so you know what's going on Detroit.

roaches

LOL, I don't know where you get your information, but I would say it's false.
Radio and Records Industry Newspaper, via Mediabase, where I can look up the 40-50 most popular songs on over 800 radio stations in the United States for free.

But then, you're just a Shady/Aftermath/Kid Rock/white rapper-obsessed Papa by the name of Jason who can't figure out no matter how times he's banned that he isn't welcome at this board and continues to sign up and post about the same people and offer the same opinions no matter how often he gets sonned, so you would know whether I'm pulling stuff out of my ass or mistaking my opinion for fact.

emceewhite said:
Instead of living off his name, he's living off mentioning Eazy, Dre, Pac, Biggie and everyone else.
Yeah, infact his whole rhyme structure is based on mentioning these names at the end of a line. If it wasn't for him mentioning these names, there is no way he would have a career.
You annoy me Jason, please think before you post.

Dope/Listenable
Don't Need Your Love
How We Do
Church For Thugs
Hate It Or Love It
Dreams
Higher
Start From Scratch
Special
Where I'm From
Runnin'
Like Father, Like Son

All very good songs in my opinion. That is a clear majority of songs that are very good, which is unusual for an album released in the last couple of years. I like the album, it isn't a classic but it is a good release, appearances both production and rap-wise boost this album. You say Game will not be able to hold out an album on his own? I'm telling you he will, and that's guaran-damn-teed.
Can you think of an artist that went 4 times platinum on his debut and then flopped afterwards, leaving his career behind?
You also say 50 Cent will be gone in 5 years, check Rukas's post for my thoughts on that, because that comment made your all time 10 most stupid comments list.

Chronic

roaches said:
Radio and Records Industry Newspaper, via Mediabase, where I can look up the 40-50 most popular songs on over 800 radio stations in the United States for free.

But then, you're just a Shady/Aftermath/Kid Rock/white rapper-obsessed Papa by the name of Jason who can't figure out no matter how times he's banned that he isn't welcome at this board and continues to sign up and post about the same people and offer the same opinions no matter how often he gets sonned, so you would know whether I'm pulling stuff out of my ass or mistaking my opinion for fact.
hahaha :thumb:

The best song on his album was the one that he dedicated to his son. Goes to show you that he is deeper than just bitches and hoes. I doubt 50 would ever do a song that deep.

_carmi

me, myself & us
a one album wonder? no he's not. but he wont last that long in the game. but i do believe he has some talent. the documentary was a great album with great production and even tho he was dropping names all the time, his songs were still great. for these years, thats a good album. its now very rare that an album has a lot of tracks that are good and have replay value. and i do believe that 50 helped Game to be known. but now that Game is known, i think he can make it on his own now. Game has proved that he can rap good sometimes and bad sometimes. i'd say 50 is way more overrated than Game. or else the album The Massacre wouldnt have sold what is has sold and that album was absolut garbage. oh and the song We Aint is great. Game as a great flow and Eminem too. its on the top 5 of the best songs of the album. its one of the best albums of 2005.

oh and btw emceewhite = jason_g_618 (or whatever were the numbers) right?

emceewhite said:
OK, now that The Game's album, "The Documentary" has had some time to be in cirulation and sit on people's ears...is it me, or is The Game STILL the most overrated rapper in the game, aside from 50? And, Game may even be more overrated than 50...I don't know, it's pretty close.

The Game was talkin' hella shit when he and 50 started beefin', but in all honest, I don't see Game being a mainstay at all. I see him being gone from the spotlight within 3 years or so. Unless he somehow improves 10 fold.

His only hot tracks are "This Is How We Do", "Hate It Or Love It", "We Ain't", "Dreams", and to an extent, "Westside Story".

Even with Dre behind him, I don't see Game lasting at all. I don't see 50 being around in 5 years either, but Game just seems to be lacking talent big time, and his latest "Hard Liquor" is fucking terrible.

I'm laughing my ass off nowadays at all these people who were talking about how The Documentary was an "instant classic" upon release. The main reason his only hot songs are hot, are because of the beats, and 50 actually does some of his best work on Game's stuff. Too bad 50 is better on his guest appearances than his solo stuff.
Yea well the Game didnt start rappin til like a couple of years ago... He isn't an MC or tight lyrically really... He does spit some nice shit from time to time but he aint that great overall... very overrated.
Honestly I like 50 alot more then Game.
All 3 of 50cent's cd's been tight! (Power of the Dollar, Get Rich or die trying, The Massacre) I don't care what the haters say.
50 aint the best lyrically either but he's alot better then Game.
Only reason why Game's cd sold was cus 50 was on every single he put out... That's just the truth just like Game's next cd wont sell without 50... Bet on that...

Lord_JackaL said:
All 3 of 50cent's cd's been tight! (Power of the Dollar, Get Rich or die trying, The Massacre)
POTD: Yes, excellent album.
GRODT: Wasn't too bad, broke 50 into commerical rap.
Massacre: Only good thing about it was the cover.

7 Syns

Game as an emcee was overrated however he is improving his rhyme-game. 50 Cent is overrated? This is the same dude who made 'Power of the Dollar', if he gets back to that point or not I dunno. But anyone who made an LP like that shouldn't deserve the term over rated in my opinion.

peace.

7 Syns

Tito said:
The best song on his album was the one that he dedicated to his son. Goes to show you that he is deeper than just bitches and hoes. I doubt 50 would ever do a song that deep.
Sorry homes had to name some stuff thats deep from 50, maybe not in the same sense as a dedication to a family member but deep nether the less.. see "Ghetto Qua'ran" or "Many Men". "Gotta Make It To Heaven" even.

peace.

roaches

And you're just some dumb fucking moderator who does'nt realize that no matter how many times I get banned, I'll be back...

You're talking about "sonning" people...how sad is it that you actually care about "owning" people on the net.

I know the internet is your only communication with real people, because you have no real life or friends, but here's a clue for you...

THIS IS THE INTERNET. I don't give a fuck what people on here think of me, because not a single one of you egotistical fucks knows me....so...save your breath and typing time for someone who actually cares.
As long as we're clear that I was right about how popular the Game is in Detroit and you were wrong.

_carmi

me, myself & us
yayo said:
POTD: Yes, excellent album.
GRODT: Wasn't too bad, broke 50 into commerical rap.
Massacre: Only good thing about it was the cover.
you gotta be joking about the massacre cover.. it was gay lol the massacre is total garbage from the cover to the tracks and everything.

emceewhite said:
Why does game "obviously have something other WC artists don't have"? I'm curious to know your support behind that opinion.

To answer your question, no, he hasn't brought anything new to the game. If you think he has, name them.

In regards to him "bringing the West back to radio ever since Cali Love", that isn't necessarily a good thing.

And...Game doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Pac. The two have NOTHING in common aside from working with Dre and Snoop, repping the West and being shot.
he has the backin of aftermath/shady?/g unit(used to) :thumb:

_carmi said:
a one album wonder? no he's not. but he wont last that long in the game. but i do believe he has some talent. the documentary was a great album with great production and even tho he was dropping names all the time, his songs were still great. for these years, thats a good album. its now very rare that an album has a lot of tracks that are good and have replay value. and i do believe that 50 helped Game to be known. but now that Game is known, i think he can make it on his own now. Game has proved that he can rap good sometimes and bad sometimes. i'd say 50 is way more overrated than Game. or else the album The Massacre wouldnt have sold what is has sold and that album was absolut garbage. oh and the song We Aint is great. Game as a great flow and Eminem too. its on the top 5 of the best songs of the album. its one of the best albums of 2005.

oh and btw emceewhite = jason_g_618 (or whatever were the numbers) right?
yes. the only thing great bout the documentary was the production. and the handful of 'good' songs ie westside story, like father like son, how we do, etc.

roaches said:
As long as we're clear that I was right about how popular the Game is in Detroit and you were wrong.
LMAO...

Sure...you know my city and the people here better than I do.

Has the big bad wolf gotten what he wants now?

Tell yourself whatever you have to to convince yourself that you're right.

Getting the last word doesn't mean your right. So...go ahead and have it now. I'll go back to ghosting the boards.

P.S. Like how you took a situation that I tried to handle like an adult OFF the boards, but like a 12 year old, you have to be a child and bring beef to the board. Which makes your action even more ironic, seeing as every time I've been banned it's for "starting beef"...yet, you go and do just that.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.