The Game...Now that he's been out

This is the number one reason Game's flow is gettin' recognition and attention......his NAME and SONG TITLE DROPPIN', the muthaphucka can put 80 famous names and song titles in one song (he just needs to find filler lyrics in between)........Like his song 82 Days has (Russell Simmons, Bone Thugs N' Harmony, 2pac, Biggie, Eazy E, Wes Craven, O-Dogg, Dead Presidents, 50, P.Diddy, Cam'ron, DMX, Ruff Ryders, NWA) with song refrences to (Life after Death, Ready 2 Die)

The Documentary, the song, and a ton of others follow the same format......and really I'm not hatin', I'm just kinda sick of hearin' about celebrities and ppl I don't give a fuck about......I give the boy props for findin' a formula and flow that people gobbled the fuck up......

cont.

the one stand out track on The Documentary that I can say will never get old, cuz I'm a father, is "Like Father Like Son", that shit was on point............but

another reason the Game won't last or might lose credebility is 'cuz ppl like music that is real........this album is now I wouldn't say garbage, but you know that he ain't doin' all the shit he's sayin' on the album..........the Documentary is an album pretty much supportin' G-Unit and he's sayin' on there how they're all UNIFIED and how they're a click an all this, talkin' about "this is how we do" when they don't even roll to the club together........like "this is how we do" was hot when it first came out, but now I just see the shit as a joke, cuz it's like the album came out, was out for a couple weeks, and now everything you said on the album is pretty much bullshit......like muthaphucka now I don't take u seriously.......

TCD

emcee white, I have no vendetta against Em but I think that song is just poor and the worst on the album.

"Dreams" was a bigger hit than "a lil bit" in my part of the world. Church for Thugs, Put You on the Game even Start from Scratch would get good rotation.

Im no G-Unit hater or a Game dickryder but imo The Doc is a good album and is better than the Massacre or any other recent G-Unit album.

Da_Funk

The Documentry for the most part was a piece of shit, only 4 good songs on it: We Aint, The Documentry, Start from Scratch and like father like son. His last mixtape where he dissed the fuck outta 50 'n them was hella tight tho.

Euphanasia

Completely disagree, Game's amazing, he's gonna be around for a long time

And as far as the name dropping, it never bothered me

The Documentary is the best album i've heard since the Eminem Show

And yes, the Eminem Show is much better than the Marshall Mathers LP, although they're both classics

one

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
emceewhite said:
OK, now that The Game's album, "The Documentary" has had some time to be in cirulation and sit on people's ears...is it me, or is The Game STILL the most overrated rapper in the game, aside from 50? And, Game may even be more overrated than 50...I don't know, it's pretty close.

The Game was talkin' hella shit when he and 50 started beefin', but in all honest, I don't see Game being a mainstay at all. I see him being gone from the spotlight within 3 years or so. Unless he somehow improves 10 fold.

His only hot tracks are "This Is How We Do", "Hate It Or Love It", "We Ain't", "Dreams", and to an extent, "Westside Story".

Even with Dre behind him, I don't see Game lasting at all. I don't see 50 being around in 5 years either, but Game just seems to be lacking talent big time, and his latest "Hard Liquor" is fucking terrible.

I'm laughing my ass off nowadays at all these people who were talking about how The Documentary was an "instant classic" upon release. The main reason his only hot songs are hot, are because of the beats, and 50 actually does some of his best work on Game's stuff. Too bad 50 is better on his guest appearances than his solo stuff.

50 gone in five years? Please, 50 has way too much money and power now to go anywhere. Being wack doesnt mean you'll fade from the spotlight, just look at Snoop Dogg.

As for Game, The Doc has more hot tracks than that, but even if it didnt, five hot tracks an album is pretty good nowadays.

ARon

People need to hop off the name dropping thing, if they listened to what he was saying before going shit he said another name, they would realize its all relevant.

yea game IS wack, ever since i heard "budden's" i thought this dude cant be seriously. his album is average too. very average.
is a very predictable rapper in his music.

pdxmuthaphucka said:
This is the number one reason Game's flow is gettin' recognition and attention......his NAME and SONG TITLE DROPPIN', the muthaphucka can put 80 famous names and song titles in one song (he just needs to find filler lyrics in between)........Like his song 82 Days has (Russell Simmons, Bone Thugs N' Harmony, 2pac, Biggie, Eazy E, Wes Craven, O-Dogg, Dead Presidents, 50, P.Diddy, Cam'ron, DMX, Ruff Ryders, NWA) with song refrences to (Life after Death, Ready 2 Die)

The Documentary, the song, and a ton of others follow the same format......and really I'm not hatin', I'm just kinda sick of hearin' about celebrities and ppl I don't give a fuck about......I give the boy props for findin' a formula and flow that people gobbled the fuck up......
Game is the ULTIMATE coat tail rider. He knows he doesn't have the skill to make it on his own, so he knows throwing out legends names 50 times in every song will get him props.

Instead of living off his name, he's living off mentioning Eazy, Dre, Pac, Biggie and everyone else.

emcee white, I have no vendetta against Em but I think that song is just poor and the worst on the album.
*shrugs* Your'e entitled to your opinion, I just don't see how ANYONE could say that, because to me, it's one of the top 3 on the album, and the sad part is, Em, in his verse, brings the best fucking flow on the entire album. Plus...the beat is fucking crazy.

"Dreams" was a bigger hit than "a lil bit" in my part of the world. Church for Thugs, Put You on the Game even Start from Scratch would get good rotation.
"Dreams" hasn't even gotten ANY rotation in Detroit. The only songs of his with rotation here are "How We Do" and "Hate It Or Love It", and that's it.

Im no G-Unit hater or a Game dickryder but imo The Doc is a good album and is better than the Massacre or any other recent G-Unit album.
Well, you don't exactly have to put out a 5 star album to be better than The Massacre. I am not fan of the Game, but I think AT TIMES he can flow pretty good. Thing is, to me, he seems like he starts flowing good, then gets off beat. I completely hate 50, but I got love for Banks and Buck. The Documentary is not any good past about 4, MAYBE 5 songs, and it isn't even more than a 3 star album, let alone an "instant classic".

PurelyPac said:
Completely disagree, Game's amazing, he's gonna be around for a long time

And as far as the name dropping, it never bothered me

The Documentary is the best album i've heard since the Eminem Show

And yes, the Eminem Show is much better than the Marshall Mathers LP, although they're both classics

one
LMAO @ The Doc even being MENTIONED in the same sentence as TES. TES is in a leauge The Doc can't even see, let alone be compared to.

50 gone in five years? Please, 50 has way too much money and power now to go anywhere. Being wack doesnt mean you'll fade from the spotlight, just look at Snoop Dogg.
If you'd have told people in 1993 that Death Row would CRUMBLE as the most dominant label in 5 years...people would have laughed at you.

P.S. I SO AGREE with you about Snoop. The only reason people still ride his nuts anymore is because his name, and he put out ONE classic album. While Tha Doggfather and Tha Last Meal were both pretty good, not even close to Doggystle.

One way or the other, 50 won't be around in 5. If he doesn't lose his success, someone will cap his ass.

As for Game, The Doc has more hot tracks than that, but even if it didnt, five hot tracks an album is pretty good nowadays.
Sadly enough, you're right "about it being 'pretty good' nowadays". That's the problem with rap music...the artists putting out an entire good album are FEW and about 100 in between.

emceewhite said:
OK, now that The Game's album, "The Documentary" has had some time to be in cirulation and sit on people's ears...is it me, or is The Game STILL the most overrated rapper in the game, aside from 50? And, Game may even be more overrated than 50...I don't know, it's pretty close.

The Game was talkin' hella shit when he and 50 started beefin', but in all honest, I don't see Game being a mainstay at all. I see him being gone from the spotlight within 3 years or so. Unless he somehow improves 10 fold.

His only hot tracks are "This Is How We Do", "Hate It Or Love It", "We Ain't", "Dreams", and to an extent, "Westside Story".

Even with Dre behind him, I don't see Game lasting at all. I don't see 50 being around in 5 years either, but Game just seems to be lacking talent big time, and his latest "Hard Liquor" is fucking terrible.

I'm laughing my ass off nowadays at all these people who were talking about how The Documentary was an "instant classic" upon release. The main reason his only hot songs are hot, are because of the beats, and 50 actually does some of his best work on Game's stuff. Too bad 50 is better on his guest appearances than his solo stuff.
go check his mixtape shit, its better.

roaches

"Dreams" hasn't even gotten ANY rotation in Detroit. The only songs of his with rotation here are "How We Do" and "Hate It Or Love It", and that's it.
A couple of weeks ago "Dreams" was still doing over 60 spins a week on Detroit Urban-formatted radio as of the end of July, the tail end of its life as a single.

For comparison's sake, that's about as many spins per week as Trick Trick's "Welcome to Detroit City" Young Jeezy's "And Then What", and more than the 50 Cent/Mobb Deep single are getting spun now.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.