The Game...Now that he's been out

OK, now that The Game's album, "The Documentary" has had some time to be in cirulation and sit on people's ears...is it me, or is The Game STILL the most overrated rapper in the game, aside from 50? And, Game may even be more overrated than 50...I don't know, it's pretty close.

The Game was talkin' hella shit when he and 50 started beefin', but in all honest, I don't see Game being a mainstay at all. I see him being gone from the spotlight within 3 years or so. Unless he somehow improves 10 fold.

His only hot tracks are "This Is How We Do", "Hate It Or Love It", "We Ain't", "Dreams", and to an extent, "Westside Story".

Even with Dre behind him, I don't see Game lasting at all. I don't see 50 being around in 5 years either, but Game just seems to be lacking talent big time, and his latest "Hard Liquor" is fucking terrible.

I'm laughing my ass off nowadays at all these people who were talking about how The Documentary was an "instant classic" upon release. The main reason his only hot songs are hot, are because of the beats, and 50 actually does some of his best work on Game's stuff. Too bad 50 is better on his guest appearances than his solo stuff.

yak pac fatal said:
game more overrated then 50?
That's not what he said, he said Game (in his opinion) is the most overrated rapper ASIDE from 50.

But The Documentary was a good album, there were some other nice songs on there like Don't Need Your Love, Put You on the Game, and Don't Worry.

I was real dissapointed with The Documentary. I found his lyrics to be quite redundant. If he's not talking about Tupac, it's Easy Z or Dre or NWA or what ever rapper influenced him. I can understand he's giving props and what not, but every song? Seriously, it kinda got out of hand.

The Game hasn't brought anything new to rap. None of his songs stand out. They all sound like something thats been done before. However, he's still the only NEW westcoast artist out in the mainstream which could be the reason he's been getting all the undeserved hype. That's sad.
Crooked I and Roscoe should've dropped some upbeat singles at the start of summer. Dumbasses.

I disagree, Game obviously has something that all these other west coast artist dont have... He brought nothing new to the game? He brought the west back to radio ever since Pacs California Love...

Tha_4Gotten said:
I disagree, Game obviously has something that all these other west coast artist dont have... He brought nothing new to the game? He brought the west back to radio ever since Pacs California Love...
Why does game "obviously have something other WC artists don't have"? I'm curious to know your support behind that opinion.

To answer your question, no, he hasn't brought anything new to the game. If you think he has, name them.

In regards to him "bringing the West back to radio ever since Cali Love", that isn't necessarily a good thing.

And...Game doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Pac. The two have NOTHING in common aside from working with Dre and Snoop, repping the West and being shot.

people On This board sound like a bunch of angry mc's that never made it always hating. but honestly game's cd was cool i hated the songs 50 was on personally. the stand out tracks were the documentary, put you on the game And like father like son as well as dreams. bottom line i think game would of made it without 50 he already had hell offers on the table before G Unit start to fuck with him. i think game will be around longer than 50.

emceewhite said:
Why does game "obviously have something other WC artists don't have"? I'm curious to know your support behind that opinion.

To answer your question, no, he hasn't brought anything new to the game. If you think he has, name them.

In regards to him "bringing the West back to radio ever since Cali Love", that isn't necessarily a good thing.

And...Game doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Pac. The two have NOTHING in common aside from working with Dre and Snoop, repping the West and being shot.
He obviously has the ability to make people click on a thread with his name on it, so I guess he has the appeal that some other west coast artist dont have.... How is him bringin the west coast back to some radio airplay since 96 not necessarily a good thing? As for your last statement, you forgot some similarities... both are gangsta rappers, somehow are affiliated with bloods, carry(ed) a lot of the west coast weight on their shoulders and I could keep going...

JDeez said:
I was real dissapointed with The Documentary. I found his lyrics to be quite redundant. If he's not talking about Tupac, it's Easy Z or Dre or NWA or what ever rapper influenced him. I can understand he's giving props and what not, but every song? Seriously, it kinda got out of hand.
lol, i feel ya 100% on that one. if i'm not mistaken i think he mentions dre about 359 times on the goddamn album. but on the real i think the game is straight, the niggas nice in my opinion, just needs 2 cut down on all the dre refrences.

I like Game. I think he is more 'real' than 50. To me, he comes across as a genuine character, regardless of all of the beef and shit flying around lately.

I don't think he will be leaving the game anytime soon, I mean, I know personally I like rappers who have good lyrics and rap about things I can relate to in one way or another. Game may not have the best lyrics, reference Eazy E, Tupac, Dre everyone else too much - but that's his style, if he expresses himself that way the best, leave it at that.

What 50 said about the difficulty of making a second album, I reckon is quite true. So, let's see what Game can offer.

On a final note, people will hate game, people will hate 50. In the end, you just listen to what you like. Because you don't like one rapper, doesn't mean he is shit - you personally just don't feel 'em.

TCD

Not a classic but a very good album. And the fact that someone would say "We Aint" is a good song shows that the dude has appeal.

"We Aint" is the worst song on the album,the beat is like very other Em beat.

Personally i'm a fan of Just Blaze so I love that "Church For Thugs" and "No More Fun and Games" hot fire from JB and The Game there. Seriously this dude has a good ear for a hit a'la Jay-Z. Put You on the Game anotha thumping song.

And songs like "Why you Smell Like That" shows that he isn't a one album wonder and that his Black Wall Street boys can come up with better rhymes and flow than some of the G-Unit members.

I also think that him and 50's style compliment each other and they genuinely made good music.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
the hook on "church for the thugs" is the best hook on his album..

without 50 game will be nothing...you will all see.

I cant stand listening to game mention dre,eazy e,tupac and biggie a thousand times in one song alone.

^^^^ 50 obviously wrote the hook for "Church For Thugs"... I thought that the minute I heard it, and later on 50 confirmed this on the radio.

IMO, the best hook on the album is Busta's from "Like Father Like Son"

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
^
yea..when i first heard church for thugs on my discman i thought it was 50cent! its got such a 50cent feel to it for sure...im not suprised 50 wrote it.

and yea, the busta hook was mad aswell

Not a classic but a very good album. And the fact that someone would say "We Aint" is a good song shows that the dude has appeal.

"We Aint" is the worst song on the album,the beat is like very other Em beat.
"The worst song on the album". Fuck...if it weren't for Hate It Or Love It and How We Do...it'd be the best song on the album. Game brings the best flow I've heard in his career yet (and yet, he's still no better than just a little above average) and Em also does just. Plus...the beat is off the fucking chain...just GRUESOME.

I've ghosted these boards for a while now, and not said anything because I don't have a high opinion of too many of the posters, so I basically just come here to get news. Unlike a lot of people here, I don't have a biased against Eminem, and I like his beats.

Personally i'm a fan of Just Blaze so I love that "Church For Thugs" and "No More Fun and Games" hot fire from JB and The Game there. Seriously this dude has a good ear for a hit a'la Jay-Z. Put You on the Game anotha thumping song.
:D "He has a good ear for a hit"...that's some funny shit right there, seeing as 50 Cent and Dr. Dre were the REASONS BEHIND his only hits.

50 Cent may be one of the 2 most overrated rappers in the industry, BUT, he does know how to make a hit. "Wanksta" (< how many rappers have made diss songs a club banger?), "P.I.M.P", "In Da Club", "Just A Lil Bit", "Hate It Or Love It", "How We Do"...just to name a few.

And songs like "Why you Smell Like That" shows that he isn't a one album wonder and that his Black Wall Street boys can come up with better rhymes and flow than some of the G-Unit members.
Haven't heard it. I won't even listen to Game anymore unless I get it for free. He's not worth the money. I bought The Documentary, and he didn't impress me enough to get me to put more money out for him.

As for his rhymes, he's no better than Buck, who would MURDER HIM in regards to flow, and he has NOTHING on Banks when it comes to punchlines. Whether or not he's better than 50 is even a debate.

I also think that him and 50's style compliment each other and they genuinely made good music.
*shrugs* If you think so. At least someone likes him.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.