The Documentary vs. The Massacre

• The Documentary (The Game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Massacre (50 Cent)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hellrazor1978 said:
None of Eminem's albums are classic.

To say its classic would be to put it on the same platue as Illmatic, Doggystyle, Aquemini, Cuban Linx, 7 Day Theory, Ready to Die, Chronic, etc.....I honestly believe none of Em's albums are on that level.
Yea Emz voice gets annoying after a while , but non of his albums are classic.

Im kinda liking the massacre a lil bit , nothing special buts something to bump for a lil. I didnt like games album when i 1st hurd it, but it has some nice songs on it but lyrically he aint shyt.

50 has some nice beats but 50 aint shyt eaither but i like his album more then game the hurricane..lol

i vote for the documentary. the prouction was quality on most of the album, although the lyrics weren't very good. i don't consider the game or 50 good rappers though. the production saves them most of the time.

Hellrazor1978 said:
None of Eminem's albums are classic.

To say its classic would be to put it on the same platue as Illmatic, Doggystyle, Aquemini, Cuban Linx, 7 Day Theory, Ready to Die, Chronic, etc.....I honestly believe none of Em's albums are on that level.
u gotta give mmlp some props dude, i give em major respect for htat album, it is a serious album, but that being said its missin that somethin to make it a classic. :confused:

Mr. Untouchable said:
I'm going to say The Game's 'The Documentary'. Every song on the album is classic hip-hop and it's the sort of album that you could look back on and say it's a classic.
Dude, who's your supplier?
You absolutely know nothing about hip hop if you think Game's album is a classic - it's anything but. There are two good joints on there and whilst the production is for the most part dope thanks in part to Just Blaze and Havoc, Game is a horrible horrible rapper. None of his consistant name dropping covers up this fact.

Moreover; comparing himself to BIG, Jay Z, Eazy, Pac is disgusting.

Actually come to think of it...I think I want to pay a coked up crip to smoke him and do the industry a big favour.

Euphanasia

AmerikazMost said:
thats not saying much...the eminem show wasnt that great
I expected someone to say this. I know that I am not in the majority when I talk highly of the Eminem Show. Most people say Marshall Mathers this and Slim Shady that, but I think the Eminem Show is his best album, even though the others are great too. One of the reasons for this is because I can play the Eminem Show all the way through, there isn't a single song I don't like, no fillers. That can't be said for his others, I'm not even going to bring up this Encore garbage. But what I was saying is that I've only heard 2 albums since 2002 I would give 5 mics, and The Documentary is one of them

one

sniper said:
u shud call up santana crips in cali, thats games set b4 he became a cbp lol.

off topic how come no jigga in ur sig cm millionaire ?
Up until recently I never thought Jigga has done anything substantial enough to tick the proverbial boxes of my 'legend' criteria. However, I have been listening to 'The Blueprint' without the inherent prejudice that comes with being a NaS fan and am currently in awe of nearly every aspect of the disc.

Ironicaly enough a great deal of names I mentioned on the first list of my signature are no longer deserving of the 'legend' accolade for various different reasons. In particular I think I was a bit feebleminded in giving NaS such a compliment.

Euphanasia

jason_g_718 said:
The Documentary will never even be on the level of a record like Better Dayz, so no way in hell will it ever be on he level of a...Makaveli.
Word, no one can ever touch 'Pac

And yes, Gatman and Robin is pure garbage

I picked The Documentary as it is superior to The Massacre beats-wise, lyric-wise, hook-wise but really, it ain't even all that.

Th beats are absolutely crazy but the lyrics are........not even worth talking about on the whole.

Euphanasia

cm_millionaire said:
You absolutely know nothing about hip hop if you think Game's album is a classic - it's anything but. QUOTE]

You absolutely know nothing about people if you think everyone in the world is always going to agree with you. A lot of albums coming out right now, even by good rappers, haven't been that great. Look at Fabolous' 'Real Talk,' - there are some great songs on there like "Breathe" and "In My Hood," etc but the album isn't very good because there are so many shitty ones. Game's album is hard and tight, the emotion and flow are there and that's important to me in an album in addition to meaningful content. I think it's classic.

PurelyPac said:
You absolutely know nothing about people if you think everyone in the world is always going to agree with you. A lot of albums coming out right now, even by good rappers, haven't been that great. Look at Fabolous' 'Real Talk,' - there are some great songs on there like "Breathe" and "In My Hood," etc but the album isn't very good because there are so many shitty ones. Game's album is hard and tight, the emotion and flow are there and that's important to me in an album in addition to meaningful content. I think it's classic.
1.) I don't think anyone who is informed and knowledgeable about hip hop will agree it's a good album much less a classic.
2.) Fabolous isn't a good rapper either.
3.) So the classic criteria for an album is: emotion and flow???

Their is next to no meaningful content on the album:
1.) Talks about guns, fast cars, him getting shot, bitches, his gang ties and what it's like in the ghetto. If you think that's meaningful content you need to get out. The same mediocore tedious subjects we've grown accustomed to hearing from second rate rappers who have nothing intellectual to offer. The thing is, I could listen to an album about these topics quite easily if it were done well; tight lyrics, original concepts, dope wordplay, deep introspective / emotive ballads.
2.) Name drops on nearly every track - that's not meaningful content.

Game is nothing special. Take away the hot production (about eleven tracks) on his album, take away the Shady / Aftermath slant and if this was an indie release it would get laughed at by every self respecting hip hop head in the country. Production has saved Game from becoming a laughins stock.

A classic album needs to be flawless in every aspect. The only aspect of The Documentry that is above average are the beats and even the beats aren't flawless.

cm_millionaire said:
Moreover; comparing himself to BIG, Jay Z, Eazy, Pac is disgusting
if u thought jigga not a legend why is it disgustin for comparisons with game/jigga
cm_millionaire said:
Up until recently I never thought Jigga has done anything substantial enough to tick the proverbial boxes of my 'legend' criteria. However, I have been listening to 'The Blueprint' without the inherent prejudice that comes with being a NaS fan and am currently in awe of nearly every aspect of the disc.

Ironicaly enough a great deal of names I mentioned on the first list of my signature are no longer deserving of the 'legend' accolade for various different reasons. In particular I think I was a bit feebleminded in giving NaS such a compliment
sooooooooo....i think its time to put jigga up there, hes made more consistent material then nas. :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.