The difference between East Coast and West Coast rap.

the whole content is different and if you hear some eastcoast shit that sounds westcoast its just bitten......even westcoast hip hop is different from eastcoast hip hop......two different lifestyles so 2 diff types of music

Yeah, the beats are the biggest difference & the lyrical content used to differ substantially but ever since the DR, a lot of rappers on the east coast have copied the 'gangbang' lyrics, to the point where you have Dipset claiming they're Bloods.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
that phenomenon was happening way be4 that deathrow shit bloods are running strong in the upper eastcoast maiinly in nyc and new jersey

VENOMOUS said:
that phenomenon was happening way be4 that deathrow shit bloods are running strong in the upper eastcoast maiinly in nyc and new jersey
Tell me which east coast rappers were claiming Crip or Blood before west coast 'gangsta rap' exploded?

Thought so.....

VENOMOUS

yeah yeah but the east coast always had gangs the thing is that the west coast gang culture spread towards the east coast, especially the bloods thats why their runing strong in the midwest and east coast.And the dipset arent the only rappers on the east coast claiming bloods just 4 your inf:confused:n top of the fact deathrow didnt start gangsta rap they took it to the next level.But there were gangs be4 deathrow such as the brooklyn bloods, latin kings,even the zulu nation to a degree.

VENOMOUS said:
yeah yeah but the east coast always had gangs the thing is that the west coast gang culture spread towards the east coast, especially the bloods thats why their runing strong in the midwest and east coast.And the dipset arent the only rappers on the east coast claiming bloods just 4 your inf:confused:n top of the fact deathrow didnt start gangsta rap they took it to the next level.But there were gangs be4 deathrow such as the brooklyn bloods, latin kings,even the zulu nation to a degree.
I couldn't give a fuck which gangs were doing what, where & when I was talking about rap which is what this thread is about. And I mentioned gangs in relation to rap & rappers.

So once again I put it to you, name the rappers who were claiming Crip or Blood before west coast 'gangsta rap' exploded?

If you cannot answer this question then your original post, & those subsequent posts which attempted to defend the original, are void.

roaches

Modern New York rappers have taken cues from west coast rap to become successful.
Modern West Coast rappers haven't taken cues from east coast rap to become successful.

VENOMOUS

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I couldn't give a fuck which gangs were doing what, where & when I was talking about rap which is what this thread is about. And I mentioned gangs in relation to rap & rappers.

So once again I put it to you, name the rappers who were claiming Crip or Blood before west coast 'gangsta rap' exploded?

If you cannot answer this question then your original post, & those subsequent posts which attempted to defend the original, are void.
there were none to my knowledge and i never said that their was .But what i did say that the gang culture was alway out their be4 gangsta rap blew up.Bloodsgrew strong and started to spread and thats why u have niggaz like dipset claiming bloods cause their taking from west culture like roaches said.

And silly child i was defending anything i was not trying to debate.I just made a statement.

After all hiphop was rapping in general especially battle rapping was a way to keep gang violence down in the east.And that was way be4 "gangsta rap"

ask afrikababata(sp?)he coined the term hiphop

I said this,

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
the lyrical content used to differ substantially but ever since the DR, a lot of rappers on the east coast have copied the 'gangbang' lyrics, to the point where you have Dipset claiming they're Bloods.
You replied with.

VENOMOUS said:
that phenomenon was happening way be4 that deathrow shit
This implies that, in your opinion, rappers were using 'gangbang' lyrics & claiming LA gangs 'way be4 that deathrow shit'.

& yet when I ask you to name those who were doing 'way be4 that deathrow shit' you reply with,

VENOMOUS said:
there were none to my knowledge and i never said that their was
There seems to be a fuck up here, & not on my part.

Anyways, I suppose at least we've came to the conclusion that the lyrical content has become similar mainly due to east coast biting.

VENOMOUS

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I said this,

You replied with.

This implies that, in your opinion, rappers were using 'gangbang' lyrics & claiming LA gangs 'way be4 that deathrow shit'.

& yet when I ask you to name those who were doing 'way be4 that deathrow shit' you reply with,

There seems to be a fuck up here, & not on my part.

Anyways, I suppose at least we've came to the conclusion that the lyrical content has become similar mainly due to east coast biting.
dog i wasnt talking about rappers screaming their sets or gangs on wax. What i was talking about is the gang culture was always their but the eastcoast started to incorparate it in their lyrics and take from it in the and late 90s.Its that simple.

Oh yeah what songs have the dipsets ever claimed blood in .I mean i know their bloods but when have they ever said it.I dont listen to them much,

VENOMOUS

roaches said:
the way he spits his lyrics like hewas on106 and park or somethin but hey thats just my opion.He sounds like he is trying to rap like an east coast nigga.Shit when he 1st came out he sounded like he was trying to rap like shyne.

VENOMOUS said:
dog i wasnt talking about rappers screaming their sets or gangs on wax. What i was talking about is the gang culture was always their but the eastcoast started to incorparate it in their lyrics and take from it in the and late 90s.Its that simple.

Oh yeah what songs have the dipsets ever claimed blood in .I mean i know their bloods but when have they ever said it.I dont listen to them much,
I know what you were talking about but when you posted, referencing what I had posted, you didn't appear to know that I was talkign solely about rap.

And no, I don't listen to Dipset either but I know they claim it.

Btw, as for your edited post, Afrika Bambaataa is the spelling & I hope you weren't trying to make yourself look less dumb by editing your post.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.