The difference between East Coast and West Coast rap.

East Coast - Yeah, nigga look at my ice, my rims spin and so are your bitches eyes when shes sucking my dick, yeah nigga 22s, 53s, ice round my neck.
West Coast - A Yo Loc, im a compton g, str8 west coasting, i kill niggaz, Gs,Gangstas,Busta ass trick, homies nigga yeah, WESTSIDE, we real killaz nigga.
South - My ice, im from the dirty, pig feet, gold teeth(bascially anything related to farms, drinking and getting crunk)

Silleone said:
East Coast - Yeah, nigga look at my ice, my rims spin and so are your bitches eyes when shes sucking my dick, yeah nigga 22s, 53s, ice round my neck.
West Coast - A Yo Loc, im a compton g, str8 west coasting, i kill niggaz, Gs,Gangstas,Busta ass trick, homies nigga yeah, WESTSIDE, we real killaz nigga.
South - My ice, im from the dirty, pig feet, gold teeth(bascially anything related to farms, drinking and getting crunk)
Lol good post.

Westcoast beats are generally ones with piano, and a dope baseline, lot of emphasis on simple rhyming

Eastcoast beats are usually faster, thart grimey NY feel, faster paced

just at a glance

a

Silleone said:

LMAO :thumb:

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
london- i love tea with my crumpets with no fluoride in my water so my teeth is yellow and fucked up

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
go back to 94-98...eastcoast rap was so much better. its fallen off lyrically now, but its still better than the west i recon. Story telling, deep lyrics on albums like;

raekwon - cuban linx
dmx - its dark...
cnn - war report
mobb deep - hell on earth
big - life after death
lox - money power and respect
puff daddy - no way out
mobb deep - infamous
mobb deep - murda muzik
nas - illmatic
nas - it was written
jayz - reasonable doubt
onyx - shut em down
onyx - all we got is uz
tragedy khadafi - still reportin
big pun - capital punishment
noreaga - Nore
fat joe - jealous ones envy
wutang - 36 chambers
wutang - forever
gza - liquid swords

etc. Love the eastcoast style of beats and lyrics. Its still mad, but not as superior. Tupac had an even blend of east and west, which made him really universal.

VENOMOUS said:
london- i love tea with my crumpets with no fluoride in my water so my teeth is yellow and fucked up

M.I.A.M.I - Bitches walking round with bikinis on spreading yeast infections, homosexual/metrosexual men,men wearing thongs.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
that on the other side of the bridge.Your not talking abouyt the niggaz with the gold teeth with dreads toating akayz slanging coke and fucking big booty bitches at the strip clubs.Plus i get pounds of weed for the 450 and i sell you some pussy come to miami and holla atch ya boy in miami gardens carol city 183 street down south chevy boy.Nigga what?

VENOMOUS said:
that on the other side of the bridge.Your not talking abouyt the niggaz with the gold teeth with dreads toating akayz slanging coke and fucking big booty bitches at the strip clubs.Plus i get pounds of weed for the 450 and i sell you some pussy come to miami and holla atch ya boy in miami gardens carol city 183 street down south chevy boy.Nigga what?

Put the crack down son.

edit:your right,i forgot the "other side of the bridge"

M.I.A.M.I - niggaz with unbrushed teeth, gold making them smell like the inside of a cats ass, uncombed hair, forced to tangle up and form dreads, niggaz packing aks(aka water pistols to clean there teeth)niggaz sniffing coke(baby powder)fucking big booty bitches(female impersonators)miami gardens niggaz(wildlife officers)south chevy boys(homosexual man servants)

Infamous Josedy said:
So people in NY can not be Bloods simply because California claimed gangs first?
You do you know Jim Jones does have a criminal background of gang relations and gang activity right?So saying that gangsters in NY are biting from the West is bullshit.There are gangs everywhere.
The point I was making, & the point which VENOMOUS decided to overlook, was that East Coast rappers never rapped about Bloods & Crips until West Coast 'gangsta rap' exploded.

That was my sole point. It had nothing to with whether there were gangs in New York. Read posts before replying to them....

Silleone said:
good points. i just realised rap suck's.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
When I think Westcoast. I think G Funk.
When I think Eastcoast. I think Illmatic.

But Makaveli got it down to what it is mainly. In a general observation of what it is.

jason_g_718 said:
Good, that means you have absolutely no reason to post here anymore, so you can leave. :D :thumb:

Here...lemme hold the door open for ya.
Jason, if that was the case I hope the door hits you on your ass because you know nothing. :thumb:

DJ THREAT said:
Jason, if that was the case I hope the door hits you on your ass because you know nothing. :thumb:
Yeah, I know. Cuz people who actually don't know me and only know me as a screen name on a website visited by 22,000 people really knows me inside and out.

I mean...I remember that night that you and I sat talking till like 4am with a case of Budweiser and an ounce of weed. Man..I've discussed so many of my inner thoughts with you, it's like you know me better than anyone...

Oh..wait, that's right none of that ever happened and you're just spewing shit about someone you dont' know. Yeah, I can totally see how you knowing me so well gives you a right to speak on my knowledge. Awesome man! :thumb: :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.