The Chronic VS The Chronic 2001

S. Fourteen

jason_g_718 said:
Not a "good try" at anything. I don't have ANY CLUE why I typed that. Probly on Oxycontin at the time.

I would NEVER compare The Documentary to Doggystlye, because there is no comparison...Don't know why in the hell I EVER typed that. But, we all fuck up now and then.
I want you to stop taking drugs when you post here. :)

jason_g_718 said:
Wow...like I said, NOBODY in here reads.

So...you don't think that an album's capability to launch 4 NEW ARTISTS into decent careers makes that album more legendary?

Fuckin' A. OH...my bad. Gotta lower my IQ. Hold on...

"yeah..dat's rite, cuz like dey be smokin' blunts n stuff and dey be killin' all the busta ass fukerz...WESTIDE"

That better?
Sure its more legandary but thats not what this thread is asking now is it Jason? This thread is asking which cd is better, maybe you cant comprehend that. You oughtta lay of the drugs seeing that you dont even have a job or afford a 10 dollar cd. And also show me 1 thread where i have typed like that.

haunted said:
Sure its more legandary but thats not what this thread is asking now is it Jason? This thread is asking which cd is better, maybe you cant comprehend that. You oughtta lay of the drugs seeing that you dont even have a job or afford a 10 dollar cd. And also show me 1 thread where i have typed like that.
So, what? Everyone else can explain why they think their preference is better, but I can't?

Also, dude, seriously, don't tell people you don't know how to live their life.

I don't tell you about your life, don't tell me about mine. Telling someone you don't know AT ALL how to live their life is the most judgemental fucking thing you can do.

As far as my last sentence in the post you responded to, I'm not saying YOU respond like that. But you cannot tell me seriously that 80% of the people here, don't.

The Almighty Nasquad said:
Yo Jason, how much do Oxy 80's go for in the Detroit area?
Fuck...donno, wouldn't mess with that strength.

I do 40's (or 5 15's of Roxycontin, the sister drug) and those cost $15 a pill. So, knowing that I'd GUESS probly double that $25-30.

Vicodin 500 = $2 a pill
Vicodin 750 = $3-$5 a pill
Vicodin 10's = $7 a pill

Chronic

Its gotta be the Chronic but Chronic 2001 is still a fuckin classic that was the first rap I listened to back in 99' wen i was 8 but Chronic wouldve been better if Dre had rapped a little more himself instead of like hittman and kurupt

2Pax

Fearmeforlife3 said:
Its gotta be the Chronic but Chronic 2001 is still a fuckin classic that was the first rap I listened to back in 99' wen i was 8 but Chronic wouldve been better if Dre had rapped a little more himself instead of like hittman and kurupt
Nah kurupt shined on that album and was recognised for his contributions on thier

Raul

PaulyPac said:
the chronic original easily
You know what I don't understand..
This may sound like blasphemy to y'all but:

The Chronic's production is fuckin dope
The Documentary's production is fuckin dope

People say Game's debut can never be a classic because it lacks the lyrical heat.

Well, same goes for Chronic! Lyrics were very simple on that album, nothing really deep...

Now Chronic is considered a classic, and that's for a good reason in my opinion, cuz the impact was huge.

But nowadays albums with average lyrics will never be considered classics.

Tell me why.

(Same goes for Doggystyle by the way).

Raul

The lyrics are all very basic, talking about being G's, the California lifestyle and shit.
Show me some dope lyricism on the Chronic and I'll argue with you.
Lil Ghetto Boy is a deep song, one of the deeper ones on the Chronic, but the Documentary has Like Father Like Son, which is also quite deep.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say The Documentary is a classic album, cuz it's not, I'm just trying to make a point about dope ass production + average lyrics could grow to being classic in the golden era of hiphop.

Doggystyle also has VERY simple lyrics and it's also considered classic. Why?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
It was a new style of rap. The lyrics were good, ok not deep not syllable rhyming or anything complex. But before them albums what did you have? Especially in California. It put the West on the map greater than NWA or any before. It was the first time West coast was more popular than East coast. The Documentary isn't the first of it's kind, it's 20 years too late. Someone needs to lead rap in a new direction, something cutting edge. Like DR back in the 90's.

Raul said:

People say Game's debut can never be a classic because it lacks the lyrical heat.

Well, same goes for Chronic! Lyrics were very simple on that album, nothing really deep...

Now Chronic is considered a classic, and that's for a good reason in my opinion, cuz the impact was huge.

Tell me why.

The lyrics on Doggstyle were ingenius FOR THE TIME IT WAS RELEASED.

Raul said:

Tell me why.

did snoop rap about shoes and mention like a million other people in his songs ?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.