The Chronic VS The Chronic 2001

Sanders said:
speaking of Chronic 2001, what ever happened to Hitman? Game says somehting about him on his album, but I wanna know what he's up to...any help on this would be great.
his album got bootlegged terribly both of them the advance and the retail i think he got dropped

GhettoStar said:
your a damn fool if you think this a diffculy question indeed. To quote Pauly "the chronic orgianl easily"
for real though everyone was sprung on the chronic it also introduced the term the chronic as weed to the general public!!
masterpiece album!!!

The Almighty Nasquad said:
Shit, I see it this way. For me, The Chronic is the OxyContin, it's powerful, and gets you unbelieveably high. The 2001 is some bomb ass weed, it will get you fucked up, no doubt about that. When you combine both, you get an extraordinary combo that will fuck with your head...
LMAO. Nasquad, sounds like you like the same drug concoctions I like.

Mixing oxycontin, roxycontin, OxiFast or Vicodin with Weed is the BEST HIGH EVER.

I write 90% of my shit on weed mixed with oxy/hydrocodone.

Also, this thread shouldn't exist, as there is no comparison.

The Chronic. It lauched the careers of AT LEAST 4 rappers (Snoop, Daz, Kurupt, Warren G)

DPG iz all I C said:
Chronic is arguebly the most influential rap cd ever released.
I would agree with this.

The Chronic is the protoype, unfortunately very little (Doggystyle, AEOM, Makaveli) have even come close to being as good as The Chronic.

haunted said:
and that makes it better? :rolleyes:
Fuck yeah. You don't think that makes it better?

You on crack or something?

If it weren't for The Chronic, Snoop Dogg would be 33 years old right now still slinging crack in LBC, or in the LBC prison.

S. Fourteen

So because Snoop became so successful - The Chronic is better? LMAO

And Higher by The Game sounds like Doggystyle right?

Have you even listened to these albums?

So because Snoop became so successful - The Chronic is better? LMAO
If you don't think that an album launching the careers of 4 other guys, 2 of whom are still mainstays in the business, then you're fucking high. Of course that adds to the legend of the album.

And Higher by The Game sounds like Doggystyle right?
Huh? Who da fuck said that, cuz it wasn't me.

Have you even listened to these albums?
Again, you high or something? Who hasn't heard Doggystyle? :rolleyes:

Shot 21

I didnt know 2001 was called The Chronic 2001. It was only called 2001 on the case I have. Any way The Chronic is an excellent album. Back in Dre Day. But that died after he left Death Row. I hardly listen to 2001.

saltynuts said:
http://www.2pacboard.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31057&postcount=12

" Last edited by jason_g_718 : 2 Minutes Ago at 03:24 PM. " lol good try

Also, jackass you still didn't even correct me properly from the other thread.

I said at first, The Game's album WITH THE EXCEPTION OF HIGHER, sounds like Doggystyle. Man, you can't quote ANYTHING correctly.

I think your reasons on what makes The Chronic better than 2001 is a bit off.

but hey, you have YOUR OPINIONS.
Not a "good try" at anything. I don't have ANY CLUE why I typed that. Probly on Oxycontin at the time.

I would NEVER compare The Documentary to Doggystlye, because there is no comparison...Don't know why in the hell I EVER typed that. But, we all fuck up now and then.

Also, I see a lot of people in here have a hard time reading what's ACTUALLY written, rather they prefer to read what they want to be there.

I didn't say that The Chronic launching the careers of 4 other rappers IS THE REASON the album is legendary, I said that fact ADDS to its legend.

The Chronic is the most legendary because of it's beats, the concept, the fact that it revolutionized rap music, the rhymes on the album. A LOT goes into making it a legendary album, the fact that it launched 4 new artist ONLY ADDS to the legend.

So...next time you're going to quote me, repeat what I actually said.

Shot 21 said:
I didnt know 2001 was called The Chronic 2001. It was only called 2001 on the case I have. Any way The Chronic is an excellent album. Back in Dre Day. But that died after he left Death Row. I hardly listen to 2001.
LOl, I've heard people call it three different things:

Dr. Dre 2001
The Chronic 2001

If y'all recall, the ORIGINAL name for it was going to be Chronic 2000, then Suge beat him to the point and put out a DR "greatest hits" type of album with some new songs and called "The Chronic 2000".

I've always called it Chronic 2001

jason_g_718 said:
Fuck yeah. You don't think that makes it better?

You on crack or something?

If it weren't for The Chronic, Snoop Dogg would be 33 years old right now still slinging crack in LBC, or in the LBC prison.
See i usually think an album is better than another album because the songs are better not because of stupid reasons like you.

haunted said:
See i usually think an album is better than another album because the songs are better not because of stupid reasons like you.
Wow...like I said, NOBODY in here reads.

So...you don't think that an album's capability to launch 4 NEW ARTISTS into decent careers makes that album more legendary?

Fuckin' A. OH...my bad. Gotta lower my IQ. Hold on...

"yeah..dat's rite, cuz like dey be smokin' blunts n stuff and dey be killin' all the busta ass fukerz...WESTIDE"

That better?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.