The Chronic VS The Chronic 2001

Both are huge classics, but which is better? The Chronic got big tracks like "let me ride", "Nuthin but a g-thang", "deeez nuts, "dre day"...

and 2001 got huge tracks like "the watcher", "still dre", next episode, xplosive, forgot about dre, I just wanna fuck you...

How are you feelin on that?

Ill go with The Chronic

kaij

chronic 2001 had good beats but the only song "overall" that was good has got to be the watcher, the next episode was just a club thing, but the chronic is a classic i beleive it changed the face of rap

S. Fourteen

they're both classics... I understand that 2001 is a very pop album but I listen to the album now and it brings back memories of what I was doing and who i was smoking a blunt with... there are so many personal meanings embedded into 2001, its a classic also.

As far as which album had a bigger impact in Hip Hop, its no doubt The Chronic.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
you should've made a poll

2001 had a ton of classic beats, but the fact that Dre didnt even rap on some of the songs drags it down.

chronic had a few tracks i didnt like but most of it was great both production and rapping wise

the original chronic......i was like 12 when it dropped and it changed teh whole rap game in more ways then one!! nuthin buta g athng was teh first rap video to be in regular rotation on mtv!!! those were the good days when i first started smoking weed and it was a pure gangsta rap album!! it was the first compact disc i owned (before that it was all tapes)in fact it was when discmans got big!!! so theres alot of history behind that cd for me

Shit, I see it this way. For me, The Chronic is the OxyContin, it's powerful, and gets you unbelieveably high. The 2001 is some bomb ass weed, it will get you fucked up, no doubt about that. When you combine both, you get an extraordinary combo that will fuck with your head...

speaking of Chronic 2001, what ever happened to Hitman? Game says somehting about him on his album, but I wanna know what he's up to...any help on this would be great.

The.Menace

Staff member
the chronic is a classic i beleive it changed the face of rap
the definition of west coast rap if you ask me, it's the start of a new period in Rap, Deathrow and west coast domination. Oh yeah, these times are over btw, ;)

Cooper

Sanders said:
speaking of Chronic 2001, what ever happened to Hitman? Game says somehting about him on his album, but I wanna know what he's up to...any help on this would be great.
think he was dropped from aftermath a while ago

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online