The anti-Hip Hop Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghetto kids dont speak in ebonics and "dress like a clown" because some rapper does. How do you think the rapper started to do that shit? Its just part of the ghetto culture for the most part.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
haunted said:
4) It gives 20 million ghetto youth the false impression that they can be one of the few dozen or so rappers that made it by speaking in ebonics and dressing like a clown. Then they step into the real world and scratch their heads at why they can't get a job and blame it on racists white people.

Ghetto kids dont speak in ebonics and "dress like a clown" because some rapper does. How do you think the rapper started to do that shit? Its just part of the ghetto culture for the most part.
This applies to white kids not black kids.
The ghetto isnt part of the real world?
Why not blame those white people? They arent racists but they are idiots...

Yep same with Tha Chronic and Doggystyle, maybe in 10 years heads will be saying that Get Rich Or Die Trying was a classic street record.

UPPER-cut, im gonna guess that you arent black and if you are you have never been to the hood. Am i correct?

lol

Damn man I'm from the UK and I don't buy into the Cliches. So why do so many American youth?

man screw whoever started this thred i have a dad and i listen to rap and i luv it and there aint no thing u gonna do bout it, ok?

Go the fuck back to the library ya hippie. hmmm u dont like 80s and u dont like rap... the fuck u bumpin? britney spears... looney ass bitch

i think the thread starter misworded his posts. he proli means stoppin all the negative imagery and puttin on a positive front forthe kids. treasurin women earnin dollars etc.

Hah.....
The thread starter has some good thoughts. Some really, fucking good points.
And some people here do not think things through objectively.

One thing though, is that "traditionally" certain races like certain kinds of music. I mean, that's not 100% true but you know what I mean.

I'm white and I like a lot of hip hop but shit, it doesn't do the same things for me that it would for a black dude. I hear the same words and hear the same beats but yeah, since we have different worlds, it's gonna be different. I'm still affected by hip hop, and it's enriching for me, but in different ways I suppose.

You could argue against that, but on what basis? I'm not racist, but there's no denying that different races exist; music can be enjoyed by all races yes, but it's gonna most likely be a different thing, usually.

randomcaller2 said:
Hah.....
The thread starter has some good thoughts. Some really, fucking good points.
And some people here do not think things through objectively.

One thing though, is that "traditionally" certain races like certain kinds of music. I mean, that's not 100% true but you know what I mean.

I'm white and I like a lot of hip hop but shit, it doesn't do the same things for me that it would for a black dude. I hear the same words and hear the same beats but yeah, since we have different worlds, it's gonna be different. I'm still affected by hip hop, and it's enriching for me, but in different ways I suppose.

You could argue against that, but on what basis? I'm not racist, but there's no denying that different races exist; music can be enjoyed by all races yes, but it's gonna most likely be a different thing, usually.
People dont want to hear it because the problem doesnt effect them as much it does others. They try to deny it by using the "it doesnt effect me so it must be bullshit" reason.

you could make an arguement that kids that listen to hard rock/metal and all that is the reason some urban kids are so fucked up that slipknot either makes them (a)commit suicide or (b)shoot up the school

and that black kids that listen to rap are gonna rob a store, you're making it sound stereotypical. yeah commercial rap sucks right now and has sucked ever since jigga man became popular. but hey the ghetto was way fucked up before fiddy was rapping about being in the club and how some bitches ass looked like laffy taffy. sure it's not as bad as it used to be, but some things are fucked up because they are, not because G-Unit is popular and they talking about getting shot and having guns.

but that's just horseshit, ppl need to get off the fact that music is entertainment...I think you should run for office or something, maybe you and al gore could start another anti hip hop movement.

Upper-CUT said:
That is where you are WRONG. Havent you ever studied psychology?? You actually thing that some forms music will not make certain people do crazy things in their life?

Suicide, murder, crime. You think rap music doesn't have anything to do with this at all??

Are you fucken kidding me? I have been here long enough to know that there was this one very young black kid who got a gun and killed a cop after a robbery because he claimed that he listens to bone thugs and harmony. This is just one example of how gangsta rap can fuck up the mind of ghetto teenagers. You might not be affected because you have a damn internet account. Open your mind man. Take your head out of your ass. You need to be put in their shoes for you to understand.

And you say it is their parents fault. What if they dont have parents or what is they have a single parent who lives in poverty and could not control their child once they reach a certain age.
Suicide, murder, crime. You think rap music doesn't have anything to do with this at all??
u ever watched any violent movies ?
u ever played any violent games?
u ever watched the worldnews?

and u think rap is guilty for criminals?

violent rap has the same impact as Violent movies and violent games
its about how strong the person is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.