some people need to be de-modded.

ill-matic

Amara said:
There arent that many people modding, at least, its always the same few that do anything. But in certain forums, streethop, life, our block there is steady amount of modding that needs to be done. The problem as I see it is not how many mods there are but how they interpret their responsibility.
I disagree. There is already enough modding going on. The point i was trying to assert was that there is an excessive amount of modding occuring, in which particular threads are constantly being closed, then re-opened, then closed again etc. I didn't raise this issue beforehand, but i also feel that there seems to be an inconsistency in the interpretation of the guidelines. Meaning that Our Block is basically a deposit box for random, pointless threads, and yet such threads are immediately closed. Our Block used to be named "Thugz Mansion" as it was a place for just chilling out, talking about anything, hence why it received the most hits than any other sub-forum.
This links with the inconsistency of the modding. One mod thinks that "this provokes freeposting" while another sees it as "a fun thread and is funny". There needs to be a line firmly drawn for all the mods to see, so that the modding is consistent.

I attribute this to the lack of activity at the moment.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Get In The Van I Have Candy said:
Because the person with actual balls, Rukas hasn't been active here. OR maybe Sigh has a thick skin and did not report it.

We can't win. We ban someone and everyone moans, we don't, and everyone moans.

I will tell you something though... If certain people don't stop being idiots a little internet crew that has formed on here is going to be broken up.

Pittsey said:

I will tell you something though... If certain people don't stop being idiots a little internet crew that has formed on here is going to be broken up.
break up traz

Pittsey said:
In other words, if these three people that are somehow considered "in a crew" don't start sugarcoating their posts, then they will be banned.

Pittsey said:

That's true about that, But I know that you know that being an admin does not go well with popularity. Sometimes people need to be put in their place if they can't squash their beefs.

Casey

Staff member
Shot 21 said:
Probably the dumbest question to be posted on Street Hop: whats the difference between Mods and Admins?
That is a pretty dumb question man. lol.

Mods only control the subforums that they are a moderator of - ie the power to move threads to other forums, edit/delete posts/threads, and a bunch of other stuff. Whereas admins do all that and the major stuff, registrations, bannings, important decisions regarding the forum, etc.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
^Admins can ban and have overall control of the board, Mods Mod their designated section.

Also i would like to add, Thuggy being de-modded = biggest TB mistake.

Thank You.

ill-matic

ThUg $TyLe said:
^Admins can ban and have overall control of the board, Mods Mod their designated section.

Also i would like to add, Thuggy being de-modded = biggest TB mistake.

Thank You.
I was just about to rep your cause.

It appears that Thug $TyLE was de-modded for SiGh. Now don't take this the wrong way, im cool with SiGh, but that was just stupid. I dont know the whole story but it looks pretty suss to me. Thug Style has always been an active member of the board and he was spontaneously de-modded for absolutely no reason, and SiGh took his place?

No offence, again, but thats just fucking weird.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Diaz said:
In other words, if these three people that are somehow considered "in a crew" don't start sugarcoating their posts, then they will be banned.

Or you just drop your attitude.

ill-matic said:
I was just about to rep your cause.

It appears that Thug $TyLE was de-modded for SiGh. Now don't take this the wrong way, im cool with SiGh, but that was just stupid. I dont know the whole story but it looks pretty suss to me. Thug Style has always been an active member of the board and he was spontaneously de-modded for absolutely no reason, and SiGh took his place?

No offence, again, but thats just fucking weird.
How can you speculate on something you know little about?

ill-matic

Pittsey said:
Or you just drop your attitude.

How can you speculate on something you know little about?
If i knew more about it then it wouldn't be speculating. And anyway, thugstyle himself doesnt even know why he was de-modded.

this thread appears to have sidetracked a lot.

Sebastian

You wanted to reduce the number of mods and Amara already gave you an answer:

Amara said:
There arent that many people modding, at least, its always the same few that do anything. But in certain forums, streethop, life, our block there is steady amount of modding that needs to be done. The problem as I see it is not how many mods there are but how they interpret their responsibility.
therefore...case closed

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Diaz said:
For selling tracks, getting banned, then coming back I don't see why you're not on probation.
Why would selling tracks get me banned? I'm definetly not the only one that was selling tracks. The person who got me baned was Kamikazi, and he's on probation himself. He's the one causing problems for me, and others. So before you open your mouth, think twice.

Rahim said:
Why would selling tracks get me banned?
Maybe because at the time the songs were about to leak Dante made a sticky telling people not to sell tracks on the board?

Rahim said:
I'm definetly not the only one that was selling tracks.
And you're not the only one to get banned either.

Rahim said:
The person who got me baned was Kamikazi, and he's on probation himself.
So...? I'm pretty sure I got on probation after I got you banned anyway.

Shot 21

Militant said:
That is a pretty dumb question man. lol.

Mods only control the subforums that they are a moderator of - ie the power to move threads to other forums, edit/delete posts/threads, and a bunch of other stuff. Whereas admins do all that and the major stuff, registrations, bannings, important decisions regarding the forum, etc.
I knew that really. Was just seeing who else was as clever as me. :eek:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.