so i just bought NaS' "God's Son"

ArtsyGirl

I like all his albums but my favs is Illmatic, IWW, Stillmatic and God's Son. When I heard Book of Rhymes it was one of those songs that makes you realise why you love Hip Hop. Lost Tapes was great too PELLA you should definately check that one out and for $10?? Thats a steal.

artisticgurl said:
I like all his albums but my favs is Illmatic, IWW, Stillmatic and God's Son. When I heard Book of Rhymes it was one of those songs that makes you realise why you love Hip Hop. Lost Tapes was great too PELLA you should definately check that one out and for $10?? Thats a steal.

God's son i kinda difted away from as soon as i started listening to it was written. Imma take your word on the lost tapes and get that shit. thanks

I like God's Son. There are dope tracks like The Cross, Made You Look, Last Real Nigga Alive and even ther first single I Can is pretty good cause unlike all singles that came out then it had a real good message in it.

maybe u didnt listen to the revolutionary warfare song with lake? thats one of the best songs on the cd.

alotta people didnt like that zone out song wit bravehearts but i liked it nas ripped his verse and the beat was strange but i loved it for some reason...

I recently posted this in the 'greatest emcee' thread and feel it's relevant to the conversation you guys are having here...

My two cents: NaS

Without wishing to turn this into another monotonous Stillmatic appreciation thread, the trouble with Nas is that he can continue to drop clearly average albums right up until the day he retires and due to the fact he was responsible for Illmatic, albeit twelve years ago exactly in four days time, it is unlikely any self respecting fan of hip hop would remove him from their list of top five rappers.

His last few albums have been disappointing and he has made one truly abhorrent album along with a string of average outings yet he will always have ’the Illmatic factor’ ie- lauded for making a classic debut album irregardless of consistancy in terms of quality since.

In my opinion he is overrated by 2Pac fans but I still enjoy the good / classic joints he has made and no one can take those away from him.

^ no.

its not just that he made illmatic. is that he possess one of the most unique storytelling flows in the game, and has a rare skill of dropping dope yet socially conscious singles.

Advocate said:
^ no.

its not just that he made illmatic. is that he possess one of the most unique storytelling flows in the game, and has a rare skill of dropping dope yet socially conscious singles.
His singles are generally of the highest quality, Nas Is Like, Got Urself A Gun, Theifs Theme etc but they more often than not lead to disappointing albums.

As for being socially conscious and dope at the same time, Streets Disciple attempted to be and failed miserably but for a few songs - Just a moment for instance was another one of his better singles.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.