so i just bought NaS' "God's Son"

...and i dunno...its okay. I gotta say Im pretty disappointed with this tho. I thought it'd be better. Its just...OK. "get down", "last real nigga" and "hey Nas" i feel are the best tracks he's got on there. I dislike "the cross". The beats wack! SURPRISE SURPRISE, it's Em's :rolleyes: The other tracks are better, but "meh"...i dunno...we'll see if they grow on me.

I guess in general i think the production's weak. Nas' performance i think is good. A LOT better than in "Nastradamus"! That ablum was trash. I cant wait for his new album. They say DJ Premier's gonnna produce a few tracks, which i KNOW will be sick. Gonna cop "it was written" 2morrow. "Illmatic" still has the crown in my book in all of Nas' albums. Some brotha at school said "it was written" might change my mind about that. Gonna keep bumping "God's son" and we'll see what happens.

my 2 cents
DISCUSS!

Casey

Staff member
It was written is not better than Illmatic. The only CD that comes close is Stillmatic. I remember copping Stillmatic and God's Son the day they both dropped respectively. I have the rare 1st pressing of Stillmatic that has "Braveheart Party" ft. Mary J Blige on it. That track was taken off and the album re-issued less than 2 weeks after release cos Mary didnt want the track on there.

God's Son has some dope cuts though. "Made U Look", "Revolutionary Warfare", and my favorite from that album is "Book Of Rhymes".

Casey

Staff member
roaches said:
The only way Stillmatic comes to close to Illmatic is the letters in the titles they share in common.
True, but it comes closer than any other Nas album.

Casey

Staff member
/\ not at all.

"Ether", "Destroy & Rebuild", "One Mic", "Rewind", "You're Da Man", "The Flyest", "What Goes Around", Got Ur Self A Gun", even the "Stillmatic Intro" -all shit on the majority of It Was Written.

Although, "Street Dreams", "The Message", and "Take It In Blood" are 3 of my favorite Nas tunes ever. There's way too much filler on It Was Written though. Too many average tracks like "Live Nigga Rap, "Black Girl Lost", "Silent Murder", et al.

Militant said:
I have the rare 1st pressing of Stillmatic that has "Braveheart Party" ft. Mary J Blige on it. That track was taken off and the album re-issued less than 2 weeks after release cos Mary didnt want the track on there.
I got that 2 :thumb: I've bought every Nas cd the 1st day it came out except for illmatic and his last one..

I liked Nastradamus.. The title track was gay, but i liked the songs with prodigy, the primo one, the xmas one, and a few others.. I am sucked.. "Nas Is Like" and the pac and big tribute were the best tracks on that one..

Bobby Sands

Nastradamus was so shit...same with i am.
I Am is a pretty good album imo.Some nice tracks there.God's Son is mediocre.Some good songs.My favourite being Last Real Nigga Alive.My list of Nas albums would be as follows:

1.Illmatic
2.It Was Written
3.Stillmatic
4.Lost Tapes
5.I Am
6.God's Son
7.Street's Disciple
8.Nastradamus.

Tupac Tha Great said:
I Am is a pretty good album imo.Some nice tracks there.God's Son is mediocre.Some good songs.My favourite being Last Real Nigga Alive.My list of Nas albums would be as follows:

1.Illmatic
2.It Was Written
3.Stillmatic
4.Lost Tapes
5.I Am
6.God's Son
7.Street's Disciple
8.Nastradamus.

how is "Lost Tapes". I was gonna get it today with God's Son cause it was like 10 bucks.

ARon

I can't believe people still don't like god's son or streets disciple, i enjoy those albums a lot. Black girl lost is by no means a filler track. Maybe it might be a thing of taste but damn, I like these albums. Lol at the one with braveheart party on it being rare.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
Gods Son dissapointed you?!?!

fuck...listen to "dance" and "heaven"....

they will change your mind

warrior song, get down, made you look, the cross, last rela nigga, heaven, dance, thugs mansion, i can....mad tracks

Militant said:
I have the rare 1st pressing of Stillmatic that has "Braveheart Party" ft. Mary J Blige on it. That track was taken off and the album re-issued less than 2 weeks after release cos Mary didnt want the track on there.
didn't know that
nice to own something not that common then!

Militant said:
It was written is not better than Illmatic. The only CD that comes close is Stillmatic. I remember copping Stillmatic and God's Son the day they both dropped respectively. I have the rare 1st pressing of Stillmatic that has "Braveheart Party" ft. Mary J Blige on it. That track was taken off and the album re-issued less than 2 weeks after release cos Mary didnt want the track on there.
I got the extra rare Circuit City exclusive album the day it dropped that had "Braveheart Party","No Ideas Original" and "Everybody's Crazy"

but i broke it like 2 months ago:fury:

I think God's Son was cool, i still bump it from time to time

1.Illmatic
2.Stillmatic
3.IWW
4.I Am
5.Street's Disciple (woulda been better if only 1 disc)
6.God Son
7.Nastradamus (Nas only real garbage album, I dowlnloaded and deleted after one listen)

"Lost Tapes" is classic too, but i dont count that since it's more of a greatest hits of unreleased songs recorded for different albums

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.