Smack That- Akon ft Eminem

tennis_dog said:
so dont hate on em....hate on akon....how does akon have a "lamborghini gallardo"? he album never sold.... do i have to assume the black stereotype and assume he stole it?

Um... his single "Lonely" is certified 2 times platinum and his album went platinum as well... It might have gone double platinum in fact.. So... what are you talking about?

Sebastian

tennis_dog said:
so dont hate on em....hate on akon....how does akon have a "lamborghini gallardo"? he album never sold.... do i have to assume the black stereotype and assume he stole it?
Lol, i dont know about the US but im pretty sure Akon sold a shitload of units in Europe.

He did 3 or 4 years for armed robbery.. Hes from either Jersey City or Union City here in NJ.. I think his shit is pretty hot.. Definately has a unique voice and sound.. I still bump the "Ghetto" remix with Big and Pac from last summer.. That track got alot of radio play..

Edit: Hes from Union.

_carmi

me, myself & us
tennis_dog said:
i never liked akon....how is this guy gangsta??? if anything, he sounds gay....the song locked up?? yeah, tell me those verses cant be twisted into him summarizing a rape scene.....

eminem is a little bi-polar, at least while he raps...he can do songs like just lose it, which really make you laugh but lose respect for the guy...then he does songs like toy soldiers, sing for the moment, and mockingbird which kinda touch you, or show a softer side of him....and then he does songs like.....soldier, till i collapse...shit like that....

em's changed over the years...he's gone from a pschotic rapper (the slim shady lp) to more serious with the eminem show, and then he gets silly again with encore...still, in the end, i think he's a really good rapper, and really made a mark for white rappers...what with vanilla ice and limp bizkit and all...and that fucker from linkin park...what the hell?

akon is aiiiight. his voice sounds weird on a club track but its still good. akon is everywhere, from slow songs to reggae joints with beenie man. dude is good.

but yeah yall are right em sounds aiight on the track no matter the lyrics. i just wish if he ever makes another album that it wont be all club bangers..

7 Syns

_carmi said:
but yeah yall are right em sounds aiight on the track no matter the lyrics. i just wish if he ever makes another album that it wont be all club bangers..
None of his albums have had all club bangers, matter of fact Encore probably had the most and it had 2/3 out of 20 songs.

peace.

"shake that" definitely goes off in the club. ^^

that's about it, though.. not even those wack ass singles from encore got any real play around here..

Naw none of his singles get any play at the clubs i go too.. This song will though.. But its Akons though, not his. Theres a couple songs that hes featured on ive heard at the club.. especially the Lean Back remix..

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
i dont see ANYTHING good about eminem's rapping these days

his old style made him one of the best rappers I've ever heard

his new style does nothing but give me a headache

Kro

i dunno in montreal

that song with nate dogg on eminem show did

the one with 50 and nate also of encore

shake that

alot of em up in here... but not in regular clubs only in after hours

This song is good, I don't know what everyone talking about. THis song been out a minute but i never gave it a chance cuz eminem was on it. I was in the club this weekend and this beat came on and i was freakin it with some girl and didnt realize what song it was. MAybe being fd up and grindin on some girl made the song seem better, but now Its in rotation in my whip. Em verse on AKon's track, some of you seem to forget this aint ems track, reminds me of some of his goofy songs but more mature and not as goofy.

And all the hate on Akon, every song he on blowin up, snitch is sick, and so is the joint on rick ross cross that line, and the snoop dog song with akon is sick too. I know some bad mofos and they still bumping locked up and mr lonely.

Tiago said:
It's a catch 22.. have great lyrics about nothing which the songs content is and with it an ok flow.

Or.

Sacrifice lyrics for a flow which will make people move to in the clubs whatever etc since that is the songs purpose.

peace.
Well for a rapper to be successful, they have to be able to entertain. The rap side of it is great lyrics, and the entertainment is w/the flow and the personality. There's rappers that can do it. Eminem has on a few songs. Kanye, Jigga, Pac, Ja Rule, 50. They are all great rappers and great entertainers.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.