Saigon is the new direction for hip-hop.

DUB CEE said:
But in all seriousness, how old is the thread starter? 12?
And why can't he spell 'economy' when he is so passionate about it?

truetupacfan how is Saigon different to any of the stuff on the radio at the moment? I had one mixtape of his a couple of years back and thought it was just as whack and repetitive as all the stuff on the radio, so I'm not really up to date with his work.

ImmortalTech's comments are on point imo.

I posted a thread about this topic some eight months ago. I feel the same way about Saigon now as I did then. He’s incapable of pioneering anything other than a range of books entitled "How to get fucked by mixtape DJ's."

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Pittsey said:
I see absolutely no difference between those 2 albums in terms of beats or lyrics...
The beats on GRODT were better, the lyrics were more interesting to hear, the meaning behind the songs was more real (Backdown, Many Men), the hooks were better, etc. Plus, he came in at the right time. It was like perfect to release an album then. I can't explain it now, but I was going to record stores every week asking for his album before the release.

You have to take all of these things into consideration.

I don't know where you were or what you were doing around 50's come up, but that could be why you don't see the difference. It's like, if I just heard both CD's now, without ever hearing them before and not knowing anything about 50 cent or not being around at the time of their release, I'd probably not see a big difference.

albohemia said:
I posted a thread about this topic some eight months ago. I feel the same way about Saigon now as I did then. He’s incapable of pioneering anything other than a range of books entitled "How to get fucked by mixtape DJ's."
lol hmm, i think Papoose should be writing that book. Anyways i think Saigons good, and it would be nice to see him get some mainstream recognition. But help the economy and democracy? i think somebody's just been smokin too much crack.

Anyways for anybody who hasn't heard anything nice from saigons mouth.. heres a lil samples, its like 5-6 tracks, he spits some dope shit on here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/8190434/SaigonSample.zip.html

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.