Saigon is the new direction for hip-hop.

If you tired of this crappy pop rap (Young Jeezy, Jibbs, Mike Jones, Mase & Especially this G-Unit regime) then Saigon is for you, 2007 will be the year of a new direction for hip-hop and Saigon is the person that's gonna lead us there.

Hardcore fans are ready for this guy and soon teenyboppers will also be ready.

We the american public want this guy to come out.

I like Saigon but he had a buzz but still never dropped a album.. Its like hes another Stack Bundles, Jae Mills, etc..

Hope he comes out with a lp though.

Fataldawg said:
I like Saigon but he had a buzz but still never dropped a album.. Its like hes another Stack Bundles, Jae Mills, etc..

Hope he comes out with a lp though.
It's all because the music labels are fuckin up people.

WE THE PEOPLE OF THE HIP-HOP COMMUNITY & THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WANT A CHANGE!

C.R.Y.

truetupacfan said:
It's all because the music labels are fuckin up people.

WE THE PEOPLE OF THE HIP-HOP COMMUNITY & THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WANT A CHANGE!
the hip hop community i can agree on. but the american public? comon, lets be for real. they either blame hip hop for violence or like the mainstream music that is being played.

C.R.Y. said:
the hip hop community i can agree on. but the american public? comon, lets be for real. they either blame hip hop for violence or like the mainstream music that is being played.
But Saigon is gonna change the way the american public listens to hip-hop.

We the people must demand change.

But u only listen to pre '99 rap. ...

So what exactly do you want? U just want your favorite(or "real hiphop") to blow up and get mainstream attention? Its not like other people arnt making rap music. Do you just want to hear Saigon on BET or your radio countdown?

gerrycurl21 said:
But u only listen to pre '99 rap. ...

So what exactly do you want? U just want your favorite(or "real hiphop") to blow up and get mainstream attention? Its not like other people arnt making rap music. Do you just want to hear Saigon on BET or your radio countdown?
Yes Saigon needs to be heard to radio, MTV & BET and it's a change from the crappy rap of today, ever since pac & biggie died and 1998.

^^^theres alotta rappers that need to be heard, so what?.. I do agree that Saigon can bring some conciousness to mainstream hip hop, cuz he does have a mainstream appeal. And with Just Blaze producing he just might get some radio/tv attention.

.. And rap hasn't been crappy since Pac and Big died. Thats just a lame excuse for hiphop fans that have all day to complain about the bullshit being played on the radio, but never bothered listening to shit that isnt played on the radio. Hip Hop today is just as good and just as creative as it ever was... you just need to be willing to look for it.

Saigon is definitely dope, but so are hundreds of other artist, still rockin the mic.

~peace

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Personally... I think both Saigon and Papoose are over rated.. I like a few tracks.. Papoose's "Charades" is excellent... But his verse on Pac's Life was poop.

Cooper

Pittsey said:
Personally... I think both Saigon and Papoose are over rated.. I like a few tracks.. Papoose's "Charades" is excellent... But his verse on Pac's Life was poop.
I like Papoose a lot but was very disappointed with his verse. Poop is an accurate description.

C.R.Y.

truetupacfan said:
But Saigon is gonna change the way the american public listens to hip-hop.

We the people must demand change.

not to sound pessimistic, but i doubt it. too many politically conscious rappers have blown up underground and none have made a mark into the mainstream yet, save for papoose. but he isnt as political as the other guys. i hope for change too, but i dont see it happening

g-units already dying homies,lloyd banks album flopped,mobb deep flopped,tony yayo flopped.lol fuck i just remembered this,in the new pow radio mixtape on the song with young buck and tony yayo-off parole,young bucks says he's not putting out this album until we buy lloyd banks shit.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
drake_411 said:
g-units already dying homies,lloyd banks album flopped,mobb deep flopped,tony yayo flopped.lol fuck i just remembered this,in the new pow radio mixtape on the song with young buck and tony yayo-off parole,young bucks says he's not putting out this album until we buy lloyd banks shit.

The whole of Hip-hop sales have suffered. So to look at G-Unit alone wouldn't be accurate...

Only 2 hip-hop acts have sold platinum this year I believe.

ImmortalTech said:
^^^theres alotta rappers that need to be heard, so what?.. I do agree that Saigon can bring some conciousness to mainstream hip hop, cuz he does have a mainstream appeal. And with Just Blaze producing he just might get some radio/tv attention.

.. And rap hasn't been crappy since Pac and Big died. Thats just a lame excuse for hiphop fans that have all day to complain about the bullshit being played on the radio, but never bothered listening to shit that isnt played on the radio. Hip Hop today is just as good and just as creative as it ever was... you just need to be willing to look for it.

Saigon is definitely dope, but so are hundreds of other artist, still rockin the mic.

~peace
No it isn't.

ImmortalTech said:
^^ ic... u keep bitchin about g-unit n shit, and I'll continue listening to some real hiphop.

~peace
So will I, But this current pop rap needs to go, we need to have cleaner sustainable hip-hop into the mainstream.

and Hopefully Saigon is the huge contender.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.