Rolling Stone`s Top 500 Greatest Albums

ARon

I don't know what you mean, cus Nas mentions him in a song he is emulating Tupac? So Jay-Z does Bonnie and Clyde over he is emulating Tupac? Eminem uses Tupac as a reference so he is emulating him? The only rapper who might be emulating Tupac might be Ja Rule, not with music but with his image. People act like Tupac was the first to do everything, to use this sample, to say something about this or to flow a certain way. Just gets annoying, especially around here.

Aristotle said:
I don't know what you mean, cus Nas mentions him in a song he is emulating Tupac? So Jay-Z does Bonnie and Clyde over he is emulating Tupac? Eminem uses Tupac as a reference so he is emulating him? The only rapper who might be emulating Tupac might be Ja Rule, not with music but with his image. People act like Tupac was the first to do everything, to use this sample, to say something about this or to flow a certain way. Just gets annoying, especially around here.
The part that you don't understand about the whole "emulating" thing was seven words out of my original post of two paragraphs, try to view it as a whole. But I'll give it a shot and try to explain what I meant.

I won't lie, "emulate" probably wasn't the best word to use to express my thoughts; perhaps "admire" or "pay homage" would've been a more accurate verb. I agree with you when you say that Pac wasn't the first to do a lot of things, but you have to admit that he was the first to do those things to such a level of success. And I would think it's pretty close to the truth to say that a lot of rappers nowadays strive to achieve that same level of success, popularity, and what not. And in light of my substitution of "emulate" with "admire" or "pay homage" my original arguments will be a bit clearer and more agreeable.

ARon

Much better. I was gonna ask you if you really knew waht emulate means but i dont want to be mean. But much more agreeable yes.
So, since a lot of rappers admire or pay homage to him it means he should be on this list?

Aristotle said:
almost every rapper nowadays emulate'. Be real. This post right here is why i am almost 100% correct when saying Tupac is overrated. And before you get upset, that is not saying he is bad.
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
If anyone wants to bitch, I suggest writing letters to Rolling Stone. I totally agree that it's a bunch of crap that there are at least three Eminem albums that I noticed but zero Pac albums, but crying here won't help.

And who cares if Pac isn't on a list of some magazine. It sucks, but at the end of the day, who sold 35+ million albums through five years' worth of song recording, made several movies, who has an institute named after them, who does almost every rapper nowadays emulate, etc. etc.? 2-MOTHAFUCKIN-PAC. 80+% of the artists on that list are fucking nobodys now (although they made good music during their time) making NO music, Pac is dead and bigger than most of these people even today and STILL coming out with music

@ aristotele hes not overratet, coze these are facts... he really done it...!!!so show me anotha one...who made it

and u cant compare pac to otha rapper outthere,,,he had a fast life
and im sure if u ask any hiphop head worldwide to name any rapper..he would say pac

Only time "Rolling Stone" gave 2Pac any recognition was on the cover they gave the man due to his passing that's the only time I can think of...damn disgrace, fuckin' disgrace it's terrible!

Aristotle said:
Much better. I was gonna ask you if you really knew waht emulate means but i dont want to be mean. But much more agreeable yes.
So, since a lot of rappers admire or pay homage to him it means he should be on this list?
I NEVER said that the fact that a lot of rappers admire/pay homage to Pac meant that he should've been on the list. None of my posts were ever about whether or not Pac should've been on the list, despite my personal opinions on the matter. For the last time, RE-READ MY ORIGINAL POST, keeping in mind the modifications:
And who cares if Pac isn't on a list of some magazine
Although I feel that Pac should've been on the list, I never argued for or against him not being on the list. All I ever said was that people should write to Rolling Stone rather than whine about it on the board, and then I said that despite Pac not being on the list, he has a long list of accolades that outshine being on a list of a magazine that doesn't have a particular focus on hip-hop music.

for real ppl god damn yall cant just get upset everytime a list of albums / singles is made and pac aint on it.

for one its not a rap only list
2 this is not by a rap publication, its by a varied genre magazine and theyre probably rating it by mainstream impact, because matw and dk7 didnt have 'tremendous' impacts, but they did on the hip hop audience, so let the matter rest. pz.

sniper said:
for real ppl god damn yall cant just get upset everytime a list of albums / singles is made and pac aint on it.

for one its not a rap only list
2 this is not by a rap publication, its by a varied genre magazine and theyre probably rating it by mainstream impact, because matw and dk7 didnt have 'tremendous' impacts, but they did on the hip hop audience, so let the matter rest. pz.
You cant take an objective position cause they didnt either.
As a pac fan of course I am uppset. And I cant see no reasons why Pac is not mentioned. Are you tryin to convince me, that they are right? If you are talkin about mainstream impact, what about "all eyez on me", the most sold rap album of all time! By the way Reasonable Doubt never had mainstream impact. Later this album became more and more labeled as a great or classic album, which I wont deny. You said " on the Hip Hop audience", do you think the chronic had much more than the Hip Hop audience? This is a clear disregard by the rolling stone`s but the question is why?

AmerikazMost

What did you expect?

Asking Rolling Stone about hip-hop is like asking George Bush about politics. You might get a hint or two about something reasonable, but in the end you can tell he doesn't really know shit.

The first problem I noticed was that Raising Hell was higher than Run-D.M.C.. Now they're both great albums, but I think the latter is difnitively better. So why did Raising Hell get the nod? Because of the rock 'n' roll crossover hit of "Walk This Way" with Aerosmith.

The second thing I noticed by just skimming through was that Illmatic was 400. That's arguably the greatest rap album ever, and it's 352 spots below their top ranked rap album.

AmerikazMost said:
What did you expect?

The second thing I noticed by just skimming through was that Illmatic was 400. That's arguably the greatest rap album ever, and it's 352 spots below their top ranked rap album.
:thumb:

yukmoney1127 said:
Pac Is The Highest Selling Rap Artist Of All Time And He's Not On The List That Just Makes No Sense To Me Does It To Any Body Let Me Know
im not really sure is tupac highest selling rap artist of all time cause hasnt eminem sold more?
Not trying 2 start any argue but show me proof.

2pac is an underdoggg , thats another reason why ppl have so much luv 4 him ... The ppl and fans luv him , not just the media n shyt. remember its just him agaisnt the world.

I think 2pac should at least be in the top 20 , i mean danm who eles faked their death ;)

All Eyez On Me...but you know Pac aint going get respect for the cds that helped to shape hip-hop/rap, and thats not even mentioning MATW and 7days

it makes me sick that no 2pac album is on their. but #1 is well deserved for the Beatles as the best album ever.... what is everyones thoughts on Sgt.Peppers!?

i agree Pac should have at least 2 albums if not 3 on the list...some of those groups at the top deserve to be there, some don't...i am not sure how nirvana "nevermind: is higher than "appetite for destruction" by Guns N' Roses or "IV" by led zeppelin. Rolling stone is by far biased to rock, I am impressed that anything rap made it into the top 100 in there magazine, I think Pac should have been in the top 100, as of last year he was still the top selling rap artist, I am not sure if "encore" moved eminem ahead of him, but they have the beatles all over the top 100, and that's due to the influence and the impact they had on the music scene, you can't tell me that in the rap world there is an artist who made an impact or has more influence on other rappers than Pac did.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.