Rappers who dont write down there lines,

AmerikazMost said:
Kanye West said on Jimmy Kimmel or something that he doesn't write his down.
That's right because Rhymefest writes them for him....I actually like Kanye, just had to say that he has a ghostwriter

jigga said somewhere he freestyles to the beat for 30 some minutes, then keeps the best parts for the verse on some MTV special a whiiile ago.

ARon

Lets just say, they are contemplated before hand.

If you have ever recorded it is best to memorize a verse to begin with, not read it, you can put more emotion into it, and you now when to hold a word and when not, it is a lot easier that way, then to read something.

it is scientifically impossible to think up a lyric just like that,
it is possible to memorize it in chunks.
Let me explain why
Humans can only remember 6 to 8 things at one moment
So remembering 16 lines would be utterly impossible
to do it out the head would require memorizing bits one by one
which would take a little longer..

a good freestyle is however possible to bust, even with nice punchlines and even storylines, but you wont remember it instantly, what I think is these dudes spit they freestyles and remember it by hearing it again
I mean how the f*** to they do it otherwise?????
Or maybe they cheating hehehehe but I wouldnt think so

-celtjo the don- said:
it is scientifically impossible to think up a lyric just like that,
Let me explain why
Wrong.

It is scientifically abnormal for a person to be able to hold more than 8 inanimate things in their memory at one time.

Words, however, have multiple connotations & are in constant use making it possible to think of a lyric off the top of your head.

I do accept that most freestyles are not done like this though & are a compilation of previously spitten/thought of lines & spontaneous lines - with the former being more dominant than the first.

2Pax

-celtjo the don- said:
Let me explain why
So remembering 16 lines would be utterly impossible
to do it out the head would require memorizing bits one by one
which would take a little longer..
No it's not, how do you think rappers remember song after song to sing at concerts.

2Pax, what the kid was getting at was that, on average, people's short term memory can only hold 7 things at a time.

This is true, it's just that he just totally misworded his post - which was partially fallacious nonetheless - & used certain things in the wrong context.

2Pax

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
2Pax, what the kid was getting at was that, on average, people's short term memory can only hold 7 things at a time.

This is true, it's just that he just totally misworded his post - which was partially fallacious nonetheless - & used certain things in the wrong context.
Oh, I see.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online